Fractured Vessel

Salted Meat/Fish Nutritional Info?

Hi guys, so I'm looking for nutritional info on salted meat and fish. As in, how many points vitamin wise they grant. I usually use the "5 berries, 5 veggies, 1 cooked meat, 1 cooked fish" diet. But my vitamin levels aren't stable with that. Sometimes I have the balanced vitamn buff, sometimes I'm deficient. The thing that causes it is I'm not always hungry enough to eat the required amount of food, cause cooked meat/fish restores massive amounts of food points. However, salted meat/fish restore far less food points. So I figured I'd switch out my meats for those. However, they don't seem to give the same vitamin points that regular cooked meats do. I find I have to eat extra berries and veggies to balance it out.

So I was wondering, does anyone know how many vit points salted meats give?

Cooked fish and meat give +5 to vitamins and 8 food.  Salted meat and fish give +3 vitamins and 5 food.  Cooked prime meat and fish gives +15 vitamins and 5 food.  

For me, I like fish n chips and pork pie, + 20 on all vitamins and 25 food.

Edited by Chester2766

Wow, you guys really look into what you eat in that game?

I just look what needs to be pushed and just eat a random amount xD 

3 hours ago, Zayne said:

Wow, you guys really look into what you eat in that game?

I just look what needs to be pushed and just eat a random amount xD 

The Buff you get is way too good to Not use it 🙂 10% more movementspeed , Staminq And healthreg And also +30 fortitude.

42 minutes ago, zottel said:

The Buff you get is way too good to Not use it 🙂 10% more movementspeed , Staminq And healthreg And also +30 fortitude.

I never got a buff from normal food like berries and cooked meat. TC was Talking About that and not the real cooked stuff (that is something else, that stuff I take on journeys with me)

8 hours ago, Zayne said:

I never got a buff from normal food like berries and cooked meat. TC was Talking About that and not the real cooked stuff (that is something else, that stuff I take on journeys with me)

He's talking about the generic vitamin buff you get for being balanced for 30 minutes. If you've never seen it, you need to pay closer attention to your thirst/hunger/vitamins. The buff is gamechanging if you can keep it balanced. The worst part of dying for me is losing that buff (and the sextant).

oh that’s what that vitamin icon means xD

I always have that but the game doesn’t tell you what it is. thanks for clearing that up