Realist

Discovery points team effort (let’s do this)

Ok, so both lists I can find as far as discovery points needed fo each max level are wrong. It is time that we as a community come together and make an accurate list. I will do my part as well. I am currently at a max on level 61 but I don’t know the exact points needed for that level because I already got there without looking and had already gotten a couple more points after that.

now by discoveries I mean the discoveries that you have in your character menu(since it is 2x more than the actual discovery points you have found) so let’s not use the “discovery points” that are in the discoveries menu.

if I can get some people to pitch in I will take the time to update everything here and make a true list. I will probably also take the time to update the wiki as well. 

this is someone that will benefit both veteran and new comers, pc and Xbox, so hopefully we can get some team work going here.

ok let’s go. I will start tomorrow while I am out exploring and get the low 60 points going. 

happy exploring everyone 👍

34 points per level. Island discoveries count as two. So if you were to go solely off of islands, 17 islands. Powerstones, Kraken achievements, and others give varying amounts. The total points needed to unlock the weight/encumbered achievement is 998. This goes off of any point total. Master Cartographer only counts island achievements toward the 40%.

56 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

34 points per level. Island discoveries count as two. So if you were to go solely off of islands, 17 islands. Powerstones, Kraken achievements, and others give varying amounts. The total points needed to unlock the weight/encumbered achievement is 998. This goes off of any point total. Master Cartographer only counts island achievements toward the 40%.

Thank you for that. However I still get two point for even what I call a “secondary” discovery(not a primary discovery). Primary discoveries would be the “landfall required) discoveries per island. The secondary discoveries also give two though.

ao let’s says if I found 6 discoveries on one island(which I have) that would be 1 primary(landfall) and 5 secondary(after landfall) and I would receiver 12 points on that one island.

34 points used to be what it was but now if you look at it it takes more than that. I am not sure if this is because they added all of the new islands or not but the numbers are off right now.

Roger that. Haven't noticed if the math is off anymore. Just enjoy the ride, you have hundreds if not thousands of hours to go. I am currently max level 106, have been working on it since the new wipe pretty seriously. It just becomes a "What are you grinding for?" exercise soon enough. Once you hit 70 the exp slows waaaay down for maps, and anything else that isn't an exploit gives shit exp for the time sink. Good news is once you are above 60 you have enough points to do most things in game without having to worry about respec for different stuff.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Roger that. Haven't noticed if the math is off anymore. Just enjoy the ride, you have hundreds if not thousands of hours to go. I am currently max level 106, have been working on it since the new wipe pretty seriously. It just becomes a "What are you grinding for?" exercise soon enough. Once you hit 70 the exp slows waaaay down for maps, and anything else that isn't an exploit gives shit exp for the time sink. Good news is once you are above 60 you have enough points to do most things in game without having to worry about respec for different stuff.

Whoa whoa whoa!!!! You are max 106?. Then Please make sure to look at any points you get to see when it changes. You could be the perfect contributor to the late level list. I really hope you consider it.

also everyone else take notice of what your max level is and from now on, make sure to note when you see the level change.

and yeah, I will make sure to enjoy the ride as I have been. No worries on that. I was a little pissed when my buddy lost his character, but oh well shit happens. He has been bed hopping to get his discovery points back so it isn’t that bad. His main gripe is different from the usual “having to get the discovery points back”. Anyone can get discovery points,  the one thing he can’t get back is time, and by that I mean he is 20 years old again and we have already gotten the fountain of youth buff. 

I can see that as being the problem because he can’t grind his way to 90 years old. He actually just has to let the time go by until he reaches it again. So really, the worst part about starting over isn’t the discovery points, it’s the age.

anyways, I am definitely loving the game and hope you contribute to the late game discovery point list. Remember, we are all part of a community, and a community helps each other out.

Edited by Realist

im currently at max 63 and our team took a closer look at when it changed. the first increase was at 44 points and then it goes in steps of 40 points for each next lvl: 44, 84, 124, 164...

however i dont know if it will change later at higher lvls, but till 63, its this pattern.

5 minutes ago, Dubs said:

im currently at max 63 and our team took a closer look at when it changed. the first increase was at 44 points and then it goes in steps of 40 points for each next lvl: 44, 84, 124, 164...

however i dont know if it will change later at higher lvls, but till 63, its this pattern.

Yep, my experience too.

shortly after the wipe someone posted that the new increase was (39.something). and that seems to be the case.

5 hours ago, Dubs said:

If you get the chance start giving exact numbers when you see the change. Would be appreciated.

The rules of 40s+4 seems to work up to about 63, then it switches to 40s+6, it seems to switch again at 73 to 40s+8. If that pattern holds then I would expect it to continue to 40s+10 at level 83, 10s+12 at level 93, etc.

Basically the formula 4 + (40.2 * level), but because you only get discovery points in even increments and round down, the fractional value is only visible every 10 levels.

Also, for anyone who cares, Veteran Explorer kicks in at 998 points, and like the above, it makes no difference what source you get the discovery points from. Source only matters for the Master Cartographer skill.

Ok i have completed the master cartographer this time around and have kept track of discoveries from what i have got. Firstly master cartographer is 1172 atlas discoveries. Atlas discoveries are 2 points each. Stones and essences are 40 discovery points. Blue whale is 28 sperm whale is 40 (used to be 50 for each whale, can't find patch note for this change) 1 max level increase is 40.5 discovery points. Kraken 1 and 2 give 150 discovery points each if you have the 9 stones/essences to summon them. It should be noted that some who do the kraken fights and don't have the stones/essences may sometimes not get the discovery points when they do complete it with them. Now if you want a visually see what your in for with the master cartographer i will post our beds (beds are decaying now and we don't sell bed hop service because people screwed that up last time we did) my max level is now 140 with all quests completed so it looks like you need 50% of atlas discoveries to hit max level. My current level is 120 and for max level of 150 is 34 million xp. Will post a pic when im at my computer but we did pretty much all discoveries other than polar and tundra. If you want my advice start in the 8s column since there are more islands and more discoveries, only tortugar islands can get tricky. Desert areas are super fast but less discoveries but almost every single one you can get to with a tame (i chose a giraffe to explore due to lions,weight, speed and stamina) i have also completed ice cave boss 2.0 and can tell you no reward is given not even discoveries.any questions feel free to pm me and i can try my best to answer.

Edited by seruum

roundup((Level-51)*40.27)
image.png.85d39aa8e0a813955bf6f9c1ce91c06a.png

3987/4 = 996.8 you need 998 points for the 25% quest. So it is kinda accurate.

Edited by Kummba