Boog

Landowner being blocked in

We have our own Island that we grinded for and stayed up all hours to get. Now someone is trying to build a bridge to block our passage in or out. Cant submit a ticket due to xbox not having a ccc but im about to pillar block him in. What are my options. They have it half way done before i caught it and i cant delete it due to it being over 24hrs

Edited by Boog

You can get your co-ord's from the sextant buff.

if you cant make one yet, you can go to your atlas map, drag and drop the top icon on the right, (place marker) onto the location and a pop-up box will show the co-ords.

Without access to ccc, co-ords should be enough for xbox ussers tickets.

Options:

1. Wait until after combat phase and use the island owner demolish. 
2. Roll a cannon bear up and blow it to hell.
3. Crank your taxes to the max (30%) until they take it down.
4. Kidnap them until the decay auto-demolishes the structure.

The tag says PVE so none of those options are available to him. Cranking the tax to max (20%) does nothing to deter anyone. It is additive to the owner, not subtractive. If they harvest 1000 wood, they get 1000 wood, you get 200 thrown in the flag. If you miss the 24 hour window you are stuck with them till they decide to leave. Blocking them in via walls and other options can backfire also if the devs feel that the owners are griefing instead of the other way round.

16 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

The tag says PVE so none of those options are available to him. Cranking the tax to max (20%) does nothing to deter anyone. It is additive to the owner, not subtractive. If they harvest 1000 wood, they get 1000 wood, you get 200 thrown in the flag. If you miss the 24 hour window you are stuck with them till they decide to leave. Blocking them in via walls and other options can backfire also if the devs feel that the owners are griefing instead of the other way round.

Oof. never played PVE, so I don't know what they can and can't do to each others structures. It does seem as though OP is, in actual point of fact... boned.

Submit a ticket or Write them in discord. Usually they Act within 48 hours if they see that it is a problem

On 11/10/2019 at 10:24 PM, Boog said:

We have our own Island that we grinded for and stayed up all hours to get. Now someone is trying to build a bridge to block our passage in or out. Cant submit a ticket due to xbox not having a ccc but im about to pillar block him in. What are my options. They have it half way done before i caught it and i cant delete it due to it being over 24hrs

same issue for all landowners u want to own the island u have to be active , the system works well for pve u just have to be ,as a landowner a lot more proactive with managing your islands , arrange a rota with your other company members so that you at least can patrol the island once per day between yourselves to ensure you keep it spam free ,    

don't blame the systems in place for your lack of understanding of them or inability to organise how to make them work for you ,

if they are not actaully spamming and are building a perfectly legitimate structure then the devs are unlikely to do anything , whereas if you are blocking them with pillars etc , it could be you that gets structures removed , 

Edited by UDO

7 hours ago, UDO said:

same issue for all landowners u want to own the island u have to be active , the system works well for pve u just have to be ,as a landowner a lot more proactive with managing your islands , arrange a rota with your other company members so that you at least can patrol the island once per day between yourselves to ensure you keep it spam free ,    

don't blame the systems in place for your lack of understanding of them or inability to organise how to make them work for you ,

if they are not actaully spamming and are building a perfectly legitimate structure then the devs are unlikely to do anything , whereas if you are blocking them with pillars etc , it could be you that gets structures removed , 

Agreed, its not the system's fault to be a piece of shit, it's the developer's fault.

I'd quit playing PvE, and re evaluate weather you actually wanted to be a pirate amongst pirates, or just wanted waterworld minecraft.

2 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

I'd quit playing PvE, and re evaluate weather you actually wanted to be a pirate amongst pirates, or just wanted waterworld minecraft.

Ah! another "Only my way matters" fan. How original :classic_wink:

7 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Ah! another "Only my way matters" fan. How original :classic_wink:

Not really jack. I didnt say no one should play PvE. However, it's lame to complain about this type of shit if you wanna play PvE. 

The game has a built in way to solve this, but only in the form it was designed for. 

Ill never understand why, but the devs thought it a good idea to make a PvE version of a PvP game. You wanna play it, go ahead. Ofc its silly, and presents silly situations like what the OP is complaining about becuase it's an afterthought to the design and intent.

So by all means, love it up, but dont bring this shit on the forums becuase you play PvE and wish it was PvP. Just go play PvP.

1 hour ago, Chucksteak said:

Not really jack. I didnt say no one should play PvE. However, it's lame to complain about this type of shit if you wanna play PvE. 

The game has a built in way to solve this, but only in the form it was designed for. 

Ill never understand why, but the devs thought it a good idea to make a PvE version of a PvP game. You wanna play it, go ahead. Ofc its silly, and presents silly situations like what the OP is complaining about becuase it's an afterthought to the design and intent.

So by all means, love it up, but dont bring this shit on the forums becuase you play PvE and wish it was PvP. Just go play PvP.

You got it the wrong way round, blaming the people that just want to play the PVE game. Don't you think your ire would be better placed with the people doing the greifing as they are the ones on a PVE server acting against other players?

You have one thing right though, splitting the game into so many types, Official, Blackwood, Single Player, and unofficial and PVP and PVE in each of these. How the hell are they meant to fix the bugs on all of these and hope to move forward with development.

Edited by Jack Shandy