Sign in to follow this  
NHOG Psycho

Cobras OP

So my tribe plays PVE NA, Gorgons Gaze, we own an island on M11, we have foundationed our base, even so cobras still spawn rapidly, it's common to have them spawning inside our town and killing our tames.

Idk if this is a bug or just a thing the devs wanted, it's stupid, I have lost so many tames, many times snakes simply run to the water dragging any animals I put on neutral and as soon as they hit it they stop attacking the cobra, I have watched as rhinos have died by this way, level 40+ rhinos to a lvl 3 or lower snake,

Need base defense ideas, tried swivel guns, but even with food silo food spoils rapidly, put 5k berries in it a few hours ago and already gone

Did you use a Food larder or the actual Silo? The berries Dont spoil in Silos, means your crew ate them.  If you havn't Fed the Crew for a while And then put berries inside they eat like Crazy Till they are full again. But only a few swivel gunner wont eat that much. We had about 500 NPC Crew And they ate about 8k berries per Day. You can also plant potatoes And put then in a larder next to the gunners. If you have a pen that hold your tames Set them on passiv,as they run around if a snakes Hits anything you build when on neutral. 

7 hours ago, NHOG Psycho said:

So my tribe plays PVE NA, Gorgons Gaze, we own an island on M11, we have foundationed our base, even so cobras still spawn rapidly, it's common to have them spawning inside our town and killing our tames.

Idk if this is a bug or just a thing the devs wanted, it's stupid, I have lost so many tames, many times snakes simply run to the water dragging any animals I put on neutral and as soon as they hit it they stop attacking the cobra, I have watched as rhinos have died by this way, level 40+ rhinos to a lvl 3 or lower snake,

Need base defense ideas, tried swivel guns, but even with food silo food spoils rapidly, put 5k berries in it a few hours ago and already gone

Yes, creatures will still spawn. Mind you, especially is your tames are in an enclosed  building or area(so they can’t run away. They should always be on neutral. This is very important. I kicked someone out of my tribe/co ain’t because he kept putting them on passive. I simply won’t tolerate anyone not letting a tame having a chance to fight for themslevw. Zero tolerance on that.

especially being pve, if you have your tames on passive then you deserve what happens and should be ashamed.

if you had them on neutral and they just died then I feel for you and I would advise putting a good expense tame near any chickens/cows you might have.

it’s your choice though.

Edited by Realist

We use one animal on passive and all the nearby animals on neutral and following that one, this way all your tames return to roughly were you leave them.

In a large pen this works well, we have 3 groups: a rhino on passive with 3 girafes and 3 elephants on follow at one end and 2 horses with our bears following them at the other end.

Edited by Jack Shandy

We have had this issue since day 1. I and many others have resorted to keeping our tames in towers. I go at lease 6 walls high. I've not lost one since doing this.

Edit: 

By tower I mean barn where the tames are kept high off the ground. I think in terms of stage 1 being high enough cobras can't get to them. Stage 2 higher yet where cobras don't even aggro on them.

I spent a lot of time in the polar zone with yeti. There I keep my bears about 12 walls high and put a wall around the building keeping the yeti out of aggro range of them.. I can stand up top with the bears and watch the yeti circle below without issue.

The key is "out of aggro range"... so they don't damage your building attempting to get to them.

Edited by Gemini Five

2 foundation high off the ground. And more importantly, make double walls AND gates around them. Our pen is on ground level and the double walls keeps them from phasing through.