Winter Thorne

Anyone else having weird issues since the server maintenance this morning?

Wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this - 3 different grids on NA PVE with new issues today - 

Very choppy sailing with boats bouncing around above and under the water, laggy sailing speeds.

Completed boat in shipyard with no launch option

Tames put on follow moving in slow motion.

If anyone else is seeing this I'll write it up as a bug, otherwise I'll assume it's me and just log out for a while.

Edited by Winter Thorne

8 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this - 3 different grids on NA PVE with new issues today - 

Very choppy sailing with boats bouncing around above and under the water, laggy sailing speeds.

If anyone else is seeing this I'll write it up as a bug, otherwise I'll assume it's me and just log out for a while.

Nope im with ya on that one im on j8 and the island is pretty much empty my ping was between 23 to 40-50 the most, now today trying to sail was a nightmare tames on the ship would be in one spot then all of a sudden off the back of ship still at deck lvl and in air, i was panicking i didn't want to stop and lose tames, harvesting on my bear my screen was freezing every 3 to 5 seconds it was terrible, i agree that maintenance last night really messed with something 

9 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Yeah winter. I was in M1 and almost 💩 my pants because my boat stalled because of lag and then it went back to normal. 

the second tome it happened I had a whale agrroed onto my ship. My ship suddenly stopped in the water. The whale kept coming though. I was talking to my buddy in party chat saying “man, I am fucked. My character can’t let go of the wheel and it it isn’t moving bu the whale is now gathering speed on my boat” as the whale got to my ship it kept going without doing damage even though it very clearly ran over my ship.

this is a big bug! 
lucjily my ship wasn’t lost but god damn that almost gave me a heart attack. Nothing worse than just standing still in the water and not moving while death(whale) is just coming for that booty.

really don’t want to experience that again. Smh

The boat bouncing about above and below the water has happened to me a few times, each time it has been when transitioning from or to a region where it is raining, and realy bad when it's raining both sides, having just half the mast above water is quite disconcerting. (fades over time, anchoring fixes it immediately.)

Also getting lag shifting you back to the same spot 3-4 times over a period of 30 seconds or so.

My buddy hasn’t been able to get on for two days now. Just keeps getting timed out.

he has tried every official server but he simply can’t get on. Lag is one thing, not being able to get on at all is a pretty bad bug

I got the time out yesterday, then when I finally got logged in, after an hour of playing, the game just crashed my xbox.

They must have reverted to a previous server save.

Had built a wall in front of my camp, tamed a monkey and chicken and added a bunch of other items to my basecamp. Logged in yesterday and everything was as it was three days ago.

Everything done (and tamed) was gone! Walls, chests and other modifications were all reverted back.

I was even wearing gear I had previously destroyed!

I know the game is in EA, but do they usually just revert servers back without any notification?

Would have been nice to know this happens before making all those revisions to my camp and taming animals.

At least you could get back in yesterday. Our Company was on till 4:30 yesterday morning and then around 9:30 EST  some of us tried to get back on and the entire company was glitched out of our company including the leader. None of us can get back in.. Its so annoying. I am hoping it gets fixed soon. but as of today it was still not fixed.