dwhitleyce

Really?

So about this new console update. According to what I’ve seen they made it to where NPCs can use accordions. Really? Come on, devs should be working on the combat issues I’ve had playing  the game so far and quite a bit of rants on the forum. Wild pirates not taking any damage or leaving cannons, turrets, swivel cannons or puckle guns unless you melee them. Two doors on any wild pirate camp star that has a structure that can support a house. Wild pirate ships virtually impossible to beat unless you have enough real player crew to do it. But nooooo its important that we get those NPCs to have accordions.

16 minutes ago, dwhitleyce said:

So about this new console update. According to what I’ve seen they made it to where NPCs can use accordions. Really? Come on, devs should be working on the combat issues I’ve had playing  the game so far and quite a bit of rants on the forum. Wild pirates not taking any damage or leaving cannons, turrets, swivel cannons or puckle guns unless you melee them. Two doors on any wild pirate camp star that has a structure that can support a house. Wild pirate ships virtually impossible to beat unless you have enough real player crew to do it. But nooooo its important that we get those NPCs to have accordions.

As far as I know they have been able to have accordions for a while. I always have a npc playing some music on my boat.

isnt that whole wild pirate stuff on single player? Haven’t seen them on officials yet. They have already nerfed a lot of stuf and I am taking on 10 yetis at a tome with my bear( gotta get that mythos) so hopefully the nerfs don’t keep coming.

i understand why people are saying things are too easy. And mind you there is only really 3 of us that play a lot in our company.

• Like 1

Next up npc's on war drums, Yeah! 🙂
Actually until they actually add WPE on Unofficial Dedicated servers the only ones affected are single and non-dedicated players.
Also WPE are a substitute for other players. I'd imagine taking down another ship on pvp is more of a equal challenge than it is when taking down SOD.

Iv'e been doing the WPE on sp, and I've just disabled them anyway now. The ship battles great but all in all It got very samey with barely any reward except empty buildings, and they are literally just target practice. The ships good though but it only has one sailor on board and took over 200 cannonballs plus ballista and guns to sink. Fun though.

Edited by Whitehawk

46 minutes ago, moozoo said:

Next up npc's on war drums, Yeah! 🙂
Actually until they actually add WPE on Unofficial Dedicated servers the only ones affected are single and non-dedicated players.
Also WPE are a substitute for other players. I'd imagine taking down another ship on pvp is more of a equal challenge than it is when taking down SOD.

Prett sure we can put them on drums as well. It gave me the option anyways

NPC's can only use the Accordian, not the War drum.

The patch that allowed them to use the accordian was 10/25/2019

v400.59 🎼

- NPC Crew Accordion:

*NPC's can equip accordion and play songs("loaded" on accordion or first in inventory) using multi-use option "Play Song"
*song is consumed after start, buffs will be applied after first loop of song is completed
*song will loop until "Stop Song" option is selected from multi-use

I suppose that the mounting issue and wild pirate boats could be a single player/non-dedicated server issue. To be honest, just as I normally do in survival games I tend to play single player or with a few personal friends before I go to official servers. Also I’m really scared that the official servers of this game will turn out to b be as bad as Ark. Meta tribes/crews run the server. That turned me off of official servers in Ark. I’m hoping that they will fix these problems if they are a single player/non-dedicated server thing. Honestly i do hope for server rentals, like Ark has to b have b a server so a Meta crew can’t happen.

I played eu pve from pc release up until xbox release and I loved it, i was on an island in d7 lawless and it was a brilliant community, apparently still is. I got no real grief to speak of and only a small amount of blocking was going on. If you want to play online try it out, eu pve d7 lawless, give it a go.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:38 AM, dwhitleyce said:

I suppose that the mounting issue and wild pirate boats could be a single player/non-dedicated server issue. To be honest, just as I normally do in survival games I tend to play single player or with a few personal friends before I go to official servers. Also I’m really scared that the official servers of this game will turn out to b be as bad as Ark. Meta tribes/crews run the server. That turned me off of official servers in Ark. I’m hoping that they will fix these problems if they are a single player/non-dedicated server thing. Honestly i do hope for server rentals, like Ark has to b have b a server so a Meta crew can’t happen.

You can rant servers for quite some time now

Check the advertising section, lots of Nitrado hostet servers

Again I think the devs need serious help. While I realize this game is multiplayer I do enjoy playing solo/single player. Got into a nasty fight with a fleet of Army of the Damned. Have the cannon NPC’s at long target distance. From what I’ve read they should fire from long to short distance. Set the cannons to auto fire as I controlled sails and turning. More than half the time the cannons wouldn’t fire. I’m currently on Xbox, I hit every button that game gives me to order commands. Again no love. So instead of giving those NPC’s accordions maybe work on their coding.

19 minutes ago, dwhitleyce said:

Again I think the devs need serious help. While I realize this game is multiplayer I do enjoy playing solo/single player. Got into a nasty fight with a fleet of Army of the Damned. Have the cannon NPC’s at long target distance. From what I’ve read they should fire from long to short distance. Set the cannons to auto fire as I controlled sails and turning. More than half the time the cannons wouldn’t fire. I’m currently on Xbox, I hit every button that game gives me to order commands. Again no love. So instead of giving those NPC’s accordions maybe work on their coding.

Left trigger to let them aim and shoot themselves (just lock onto the ship you want to shoot and release the trigger)

Right trigger to shoot yourself (hold the trigger to see the flightpath of the cannonballs, release to fire)

And what a lot of people forget, OPEN THE GUNPORTS! NPC´s won´t (and can´t) shoot when the gunports are closed

I´m fighting Sotd every day and never had a problem with NPCs not firing the cannons (not saying it won´t happen at some stage but so far no Problems)

2 hours ago, dwhitleyce said:

you probably need to get familiar with the cannon's range, i suggest you to set it up in a way that you dont have to manually shoot, just drive the ship close enough and let them do the shooting.

I’m familiar with both the ship cannon and the large cannon range. Yes left trigged will aim at a specific target. LB and clicking right stick will auto shoot at anything in NPC’s target range, which you set up in behavior.  Had 2 schooners on both sides of the ship, well within range of cannons. Yes all the ports were open, know that cannons were reloaded. Watched  as we passed each other both schooners unloaded a full volley at me . As for me nothing. So I got out of range of their aggression threat. Repaired as fast as possible, using the repair hammer method. Turned back around after repairs to re-engage and tried the LT method. Kept the targeted ship in cannon range, in fact if it should of been a little less than mid range for the cannon. Again less than half the time they shot. Honestly I’m hoping this is simply a “glitch” for the single player mode. I’ve actually had it completely lose a sloop before. Out sailing to make a quick supply run for something. Vitamin levels are low enough just for you to say the heck with it and let yourself die so you can re-spawn back with levels balanced. No re-spawn option for the sloop, I do name my beds, an old Ark habit. Found the sloop bed on the Atlas map when I went to fast travel. Fast traveled and ended up in the ocean, no sloop. Killed off by sharks re-spawned again tried fast travel and the sloop wasn’t even there. Checked the logs to see if it was destroyed and didn’t see it in the log.  So I called it a night because I was frustrated, turned the game on the next day and I was on the sloop. 

Edited by dwhitleyce

13 hours ago, dwhitleyce said:

I’m familiar with both the ship cannon and the large cannon range. Yes left trigged will aim at a specific target. LB and clicking right stick will auto shoot at anything in NPC’s target range, which you set up in behavior.  Had 2 schooners on both sides of the ship, well within range of cannons. Yes all the ports were open, know that cannons were reloaded. Watched  as we passed each other both schooners unloaded a full volley at me . As for me nothing. So I got out of range of their aggression threat. Repaired as fast as possible, using the repair hammer method. Turned back around after repairs to re-engage and tried the LT method. Kept the targeted ship in cannon range, in fact if it should of been a little less than mid range for the cannon. Again less than half the time they shot. Honestly I’m hoping this is simply a “glitch” for the single player mode. I’ve actually had it completely lose a sloop before. Out sailing to make a quick supply run for something. Vitamin levels are low enough just for you to say the heck with it and let yourself die so you can re-spawn back with levels balanced. No re-spawn option for the sloop, I do name my beds, an old Ark habit. Found the sloop bed on the Atlas map when I went to fast travel. Fast traveled and ended up in the ocean, no sloop. Killed off by sharks re-spawned again tried fast travel and the sloop wasn’t even there. Checked the logs to see if it was destroyed and didn’t see it in the log.  So I called it a night because I was frustrated, turned the game on the next day and I was on the sloop. 

Oh man that is sad to hear. Seems to be a singleplayer bug/glitch, I don´t Play singleplayer I have a Nitrado server rented and so far the crew shoots when they should

Hope a patch will solve your issues and you can Play without that frustration