Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
The D Legacy

"ATLAS IS NOT AN ARK DLC!"...yeah right

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, moozoo said:

Lets say for argument sake that Atlas is a "DLC". It's Not.
Scorched Earth ~30 AUD 1 New Map
Abberation ~30 AUD 1 New Map
Extinction ~30 AUD 1 New Map
Atlas ~42 AUD 226 new maps. (15x15 + Blackwood)
Spot the odd one out.

I've 2500hr in Ark, 500 hrs in Atlas. Atlas is not a DLC. Saying its a DLC is  like saying any unreal game is a DLC of unreal engine lol.

 

lets be formal shall we?? a "iteration" of the same 10-15 islands is not a map, it can be used as such but its not proper to call it so, yes atlas has 226 iterations of islands wich is means that they are 225 different iterations from all the possible combination of islands, in other words atlas has only like 15-20 types of islands (with the most horrific terrain collision i have ever seen), thats like using a MacDonals hamburger as a reference point to define what a hamburger must be like, you can do it but everyone would just laught at you.

that been said "size" has little to nothing to do with "intent" when atlas was developed they intended it to be a ark expansion at first, hence why they share mechanics, features, gameplay style and even bugs, is that intrinsecally bad? no it isnt, if atlas had been announced as a ark ocean themed dlc it would have made perfect sense and we wouldnt be having this conversation, but they didnt do it that way because they knew only people who likes ark would have bought it, instead they decided to misslead people into thinking this was a brand new game, wich is unthinkable when not only 75% of the game is a copy paste but went as far as to not even change the hotkeys you use to perform the same action, want to drink water? ARK: lay down and dig. ATLAS: lay down and dig.

please do not compare graphical engine assets to mediocity, you would be pretty surprised what the difference between 2 developers using the same graphical engine can be.

On 11/10/2019 at 8:18 PM, zottel said:

Guess 99% of the Players Dont even Care about the fact wether it was planned/started as DLC or not. Its a standalone now And People enjoy it.

then why do you get butthurted when brought up? if you are trying to fool someone you are only fooling yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 12:19 PM, Dollie said:

ATLAS was never intended as an ARK DLC. Not at any point in its development. That's all. 

do you realise the implications of your statment?? you are openly admitting that you guys had the intent of copy paste ARK assets into ATLAS and sell it as if it was a new game from the beggining, how cheap can you guys be!!?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 12:43 PM, Cap’n Ro said:

Why have you taking so long to “share your findings” unless of course this is nothing but a bitch post because you’re now playing another game and feel the need to complain because that’s when you’re happiest?

because as you can see the video i was watching was not related to atlas? i watch neebs gaming videos because they have tons of videos from 7days2die wich i actively play and those guys are fun

and dont get me wrong i dont wish the game to stay bad forever, but i am not willing to let any developer believe they can fool us and pretend nothing happened, atlas and no man's sky are both good examples of what can happen, even after no man's sky developers achieved a comeback the damage is already done.

Edited by The D Legacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

do you realise the implications of your statment?? you are openly admitting that you guys had the intent of copy paste ARK assets into ATLAS and sell it as if it was a new game from the beggining, how cheap can you guys be!!?????

You can’t honestly be this stupid? Please name a game company that doesn’t use assets made from their other games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHOY ME BOI!

 

 

im ok with them using the same AI/animations for some creatures. to me it makes sense due to cost 

but im fine with it due to different looks like the crab.    THE Crab looks really cool same with the shark.

 

 

but i do understand why people don't like that! 

 

 

 

also why is everyone a parrot 

 

Edited by Udam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well mr legacy as a mediocre sheep I can tell you i've done more protesting in my lifetime than the years you've been alive, and I still do, but this isn't politics this is a video game, so do yourself a favour and keep your armchair revolution away from gaming. I bet you use facebook and google yet the owners are millionaires now. Save your hypocrisy for twitter they seem to thrive on it there. And if you really were doing anything in your life against the injustice of wealth you wouldn't have the time to keep spouting your rants on here would you? If your views are really that strong why not move to alaska or somewhere remote and live off the grid? Cos calling people names who you don't know and have never met is gonna get you nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cap’n Ro said:

You can’t honestly be this stupid? Please name a game company that doesn’t use assets made from their other games?

Klei, developers of oxygen not included, they have 4-5 different games and none of the is remotely similar to eachother (i could give you a list of other developers too but i already made my point) and considering oxygen not included belongs to a very dense genre (colony building) they made the game unique by infusing it with an astonishing ammount of creativity.

if a new game uses the same assets of and old game its called a DLC or a expansion (and lets not to confuse game assets with graphical engine assets), not a new game. but ofc i dont expect someone who is unable to write a single sentence  without insults to be as smart as to realise that since i assume you would also be ok with your nearest restaurant giving you the leftovers of other clients as you food.

you guys complain about my statements and try to bash me (as if you could) but is about time you all realise the pit of bullcrap (the videogames industry in general) you are all helping to build, just remember the lower you set your own standars the lower the quality of the product you will be given. and thats not even the developers fault its actually your own.

Edited by The D Legacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

Klei, developers of oxygen not included, they have 4-5 different games and none of the is remotely similar to eachother (i could give you a list of other developers too but i already made my point) and considering oxygen not included belongs to a very dense genre (colony building) they made the game unique by infusing it with an astonishing ammount of creativity.

if a new game uses the same assets of and old game its called a DLC or a expansion (and lets not to confuse game assets with graphical engine assets), not a new game. but ofc i dont expect someone who is unable to write a single sentence  without insults to be as smart as to realise that since i assume you would also be ok with your nearest restaurant giving you the leftovers of other clients as you food.

you guys complain about my statements and try to bash me (as if you could) but is about time you all realise the pit of bullcrap (the videogames industry in general) you are all helping to build, just remember the lower you set your own standars the lower the quality of the product you will be given. and thats not even the developers fault its actually your own.

So you are an idiot. I’ll make sure never to converse with you in the future so not to stoop to your level of idiocy.

Edit: Avoid games from Rockstar, EA, 2K, Bethesda, Activision/Blizzard, Ubisoft etc as they use the same assets from previous games.

Edited by Cap’n Ro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cap’n Ro said:

So you are an idiot. I’ll make sure never to converse with you in the future so not to stoop to your level of idiocy.

Edit: Avoid games from Rockstar, EA, 2K, Bethesda, Activision/Blizzard, Ubisoft etc as they use the same assets from previous games.

so i answer your question and the best you can pull off is an insult followed by a tantrum and then another insult (not even a different insult)? is that the lenght of your argumentation? well well this conversation sure was short lived.

Rockstar is already on my black list for programer misstreatment and exploitation

EA? the same EA that was called dishonest by the UK parlament commettee? the same EA that buys studios and then shuts them down? the same EA that technically speaking invented lootboxes?, no ty.

2k? The same 2k that release NBA 2K20 trailer that included a literal casino roulette and slot machine in their advertising trailer? rofl

Bethesda....the same bethesda that was forced to refound players in australia after the nilon bag scam?? same developer wich bigger fallout 76 title is well known for how bad it is?

Ubisoft... i played tera for a while, they took asset recycling to a whole new level(hence why i left),  game is literally dead ( no surprise there) as dead as their new title Ascent infinite real will be when people discover its more TERA assets mixed with the p2w mechanics of black desert online (mark my words on this one), ofc i will never touch anything they release, not even with a 2 meters long stick.

Activision/Blizzard... what can i say, activision never released anything that was of interest to me, and blizzard had a somehow decent reputation because of wow, then they went full retard and released a movile version of diablo and banned a heartstone player who was rightfully giving his support to hongkong also last time checked Ogame it was so full of p2w elements that it literally was not worth playing.

right now the best games are being developed by small/mid size developers, 7days2die, oxigen not included, satisfactory, factorio, etc. (no, not you ATLAS)

so yeah they are to be avoided, first thing we can agree on.

Edited by The D Legacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

Does it really matter stop your crying go play arkh then jesus 

first thing first, why did you separate yourself from the flock!?

ARK? this is a wonderfull example of how little reading people do, when did i say that i play ARK? if you dont want to bother reading the post you may as well not bother replying to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 4:09 PM, Whitehawk said:

Well mr legacy as a mediocre sheep I can tell you i've done more protesting in my lifetime than the years you've been alive, and I still do, but this isn't politics this is a video game, so do yourself a favour and keep your armchair revolution away from gaming. I bet you use facebook and google yet the owners are millionaires now. Save your hypocrisy for twitter they seem to thrive on it there. And if you really were doing anything in your life against the injustice of wealth you wouldn't have the time to keep spouting your rants on here would you? If your views are really that strong why not move to alaska or somewhere remote and live off the grid? Cos calling people names who you don't know and have never met is gonna get you nowhere.

what does google and facebook have to do with all of this? what does the fact that they are millionares have to do with this? you seem to be confused about my message, i am asking for quality videogames infused with creativity, i am not an anti-capitalist, actually if you invest money into an already good product it can become even better, but in here they are doing the opposite, they are spreading their investments into different fronts while keeping the overall quality very low by resorting to copy paste techniques, wich even tho is very mediocre its not a problem on itself, the real problem is the wrong expectation they created with missleading information while advertising the game, so you can boil all this down to lack of honesty.

this is not a competition and i am not the flawless prime example of anything, but i am not a fool either, neither i like people being treated as fools, so i am glad to hear you are pro actively being critic, but either you are a critic or you are not, being critic with politics while being a sheep in videogames is a bit contradictory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the big difference between politics and video games is quite distinct, no one forces you to buy their video games. But you have barely any choice over your country's leadership, so yeh as far as i'm concerned the two are very different beasts. no one put a gun to your head and made you buy atlas I assume? and you're obviously not happy, I'm not sure if it's atlas or your life in general but you certainly need to get over it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 5:09 PM, Whitehawk said:

yeh nintendo must be really regretting using the same mario format for years by now, I bet they're skint.

you are comparing a big hit from a multi billionare company in times when there were barely any gaming developers with a disaster from a small company in a date in wich there is literally thousands of games released per month in steam...you are comparing apples with bacon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Well the big difference between politics and video games is quite distinct, no one forces you to buy their video games. But you have barely any choice over your country's leadership, so yeh as far as i'm concerned the two are very different beasts. no one put a gun to your head and made you buy atlas I assume? and you're obviously not happy, I'm not sure if it's atlas or your life in general but you certainly need to get over it.

when did i ever said i was forced? and if you think about it dont politicians use missleading information to throw shit at their adversaries to gain votes? well videogame representatives advertise games in a missleading ways to increase the ammount of sold units, both use infrmation manipulation, thats why honesty is so important because we are normalising dishonesty to a point were people see it as a standar practice now, be it in politics or in videogames.

believe me i have gotten over it quite a while ago, i play 3 different games now all of them are a lot of fun, but moving on from corporates/politicians lying their way through everything is something very unwise in my opinion, you said it yourself we barely have any weight when it comes to changing something, but that doesnt mean you cannot at least try, what would be of life if we just accept everything as it is?

Edited by The D Legacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, The D Legacy said:

believe me i have gotten over it quite a while ago

Yet you’re still crying about it all over this thread by the mere fact of bringing up in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cap’n Ro said:

Yet you’re still crying about it all over this thread by the mere fact of bringing up in the first place.

sorry, did my statements hurt your feelings?  is not adviced for fragile minds to wander in this forum without the supervision of an adult.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

sorry, did my statements hurt your feelings?  is not adviced for fragile minds to wander in this forum without the supervision of an adult.

 

Can you repeat that without the gutter English please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cap’n Ro said:

Can you repeat that without the gutter English please?

sure

heri tus sentimientos? delicado trocito de mierda?

better? do you want it in french now?

Edited by The D Legacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 6:19 AM, The D Legacy said:

you are getting me wrong, using the same engine in different games can give them a similar feeling (wich is what you are talking about), that is well know by any veteran gamer(you dont need to have a phd to know that), what i am talking about is: then you take those generic assets and add your own creativity and that is what makes each game unique. 

 

You used the crab as your example.  It was a horrible example.  The odd thing is that you ignored that the bear is practically identical to the bear in ARK, as is the monkey.  So what?  How different can the bear, or monkey be?  A bear is a bear.  But you used the crab.  Do yourself a favor and look at two side by side pictures of the ARK crab, and the Atlas crab.  Are there some similarities?  Sure.  They are both giant crabs.  And yet, they look totally different.  The ARK crab has 4 claws, though only two work.  The shapes and colors of the head, body and legs are all different.  The Atlas crab has abilities that the ARK crab does not.  The ARK crab does not jump as high as the Atlas Crab, for instance.  You tame it differently.  I mean, how different does it have to be?  It's still a giant crab, so it has to look like a giant crab.  Do yourself a favor and look at the two pictures side by side, before you keep embarrassing yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 7:16 PM, The D Legacy said:

sorry, did my statements hurt your feelings?  is not adviced for fragile minds to wander in this forum without the supervision of an adult.

 

This is comedy gold.  You cry about being insulted and humiliated in one post, and then admonishing somebody complaining about you doing it to them.   LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 4:56 AM, eeeceee said:

shootergame.exe is not a shootergame.exe dlc. Thanks guys.

That is all. Good day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×