Sign in to follow this  
The D Legacy

"ATLAS IS NOT AN ARK DLC!"...yeah right

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I know that is dead to me lmao over 7 billion ppl in the world and 3 million play this

superman 64 prob has more players imo

2 hours ago, Atlaneer said:

I know that is dead to me lmao over 7 billion ppl in the world and 3 million play this

superman 64 prob has more players imo

Note that it’s population ranks 9th out of the 114 MMO’s the linked site tracks. I don’t think your definition of dead matches most people’s. I have been playing MMO’s for 15 years, am currently playing BDO, and it feels plenty active to me. But that’s the way internet talk goes these days, nothing but extremes because nuance is a foreign concept.

Also comparing the number of players a game has to the entire world population is meaningless, since large percentages of those 7 billion lack power grid or internet access, and billions more lack the leisure time to even take up gaming as a pastime. What is far more relevant is to compare it to games within its genre, where it ranks near the top.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Note that it’s population ranks 9th out of the 114 MMO’s the linked site tracks. I don’t think your definition of dead matches most people’s. I have been playing MMO’s for 15 years, am currently playing BDO, and it feels plenty active to me. But that’s the way internet talk goes these days, nothing but extremes because nuance is a foreign concept.

Also comparing the number of players a game has to the entire world population is meaningless, since large percentages of those 7 billion lack power grid or internet access, and billions more lack the leisure time to even take up gaming as a pastime. What is far more relevant is to compare it to games within its genre, where it ranks near the top.

I thought you might be an imposter, but that response is too reasonable.  It must really be you.  Welcome back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

I thought you might be an imposter, but that response is too reasonable.  It must really be you.  Welcome back.

Ty. I have been away dealing with my work’s busy season and a major quarterback controversy on the message boards for my Carolina Panthers. Sports fans at times can be even less reasonable than gamers. It does not help when your franchise qb is of one race and the plucky young backup who comes in and plays well while he’s out for the year is of another. All sorts of trolls take it as their cue to insert race politics.

I see that we have some new faces from the Xbox launch but that it did not result in a massive upswell in activity. That is unfortunate. Let’s hope those who have tried it stay. How do things seem to be shaking out?

Ship mechanics are much better to their previous game, you must not play alot of games to see that they do the same thing,  battlefield,  call of duty,  borderlands,  and any sports game to touch the tip of the ice burg. 

Its pretty good as an mmo and can't wait to see the game at full launch. 

On 11/9/2019 at 7:43 AM, The D Legacy said:

Minute 4:30 do those crabs look familiar to you??

grapeshot you have not the slightest trace of integrity in you, shame on you.

Just because something looks the same, doesn't make it a problem.  Ever notice that the Tiger, Sherman, Panther, Churchill, etc...all look the same in every WWII game you play?  Oh, that is to be expected?  Yeah, but even tanks in futuristic games, have a look similar to modern tanks.  They still have tracks, and turrets, and long cylindrical guns, etc...

So imagine that...a giant crab looks like a giant crab?  Who would've thunk it?

Plenty of legitimate issues to complain about.  Don't muddy the waters with idiotic complaints like this.

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Just because something looks the same, doesn't make it a problem.  Ever notice that the Tiger, Sherman, Panther, Churchill, etc...all look the same in every WWII game you play?  Oh, that is to be expected?  Yeah, but even tanks in futuristic games, have a look similar to modern tanks.  They still have tracks, and turrets, and long cylindrical guns, etc...

So imagine that...a giant crab looks like a giant crab?  Who would've thunk it?

Plenty of legitimate issues to complain about.  Don't muddy the waters with idiotic complaints like this.

you should re read the thread title. the problem is that we were sold a new game, wich atlas isnt and that is called missleading. you should stop the sarcasm and start fighting for good quality products instead of defending the company that sold you an asset recycled ARK DLC.

Edited by The D Legacy

OMG we were sold a new game that was an actual DLC for 20$ . I feel deeply betrayed of my 30 minutes work i did to purchase this game And i only Spent 2000 hours in. 

• Like 1

They just ported over some of the assets? the game is completely different. It plays like a porsche compared to a honda civic. Building is way more fluid, foundations stack and line themselves up, huge working boats with proper collisions ...

An actual real economy. 

Yeah.

52 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

holy molly dude, you got so much accumulated anger, are you one of those extremist that cant withstand people seeing life in a different way than they do? i am calling the shit out but it looks like i am beating your dog or something, you gotta find some help mate, that aint good for you hearth.

I suggest you re read your own posts. You are the one Who isnt able to discuss a topic properly and flights himself behind personal Attacks , rather than using facts as foundation for discussions. For someone who doesnt Care about other opinions you are backfiring alot. But as someone who really has better Things to do i wont reply to Any more insults you throw at me, so feel free continue Talking with Yourself.

19 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I see that we have some new faces from the Xbox launch but that it did not result in a massive upswell in activity. That is unfortunate. Let’s hope those who have tried it stay. How do things seem to be shaking out?

In the game or on the forums?  We've seen a bunch of new faces here and have been seeing some newbie-type questions.  In the game, I'm seeing more people in general , more activity and more visitors to my island.  It's strange though..people have said that xboxers don't do in-game chat, and they may be right.  Although numbers of people in various zones seem to be up a good bit, when you say hello or ask a question in chat, you're not likely to get an answer.  We've routinely got 6 or so people in my zone who have not ever spoken once.

• Like 1

Yeh I play both xbox and pc of most mmo's and in general xboxers are definitely not as chatty. Don't know if it's because typing on xbox is such a damn pain and atlas has a few mic probs on the xbox at the moment too.

16 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

you should re read the thread title. the problem is that we were sold a new game, wich atlas isnt and that is called missleading. you should stop the sarcasm and start fighting for good quality products instead of defending the company that sold you an asset recycled ARK DLC.

This is a new game.  Do you literally know nothing about game development?  Do you not realize that when somebody leases a game engine, such as CryEngine3, which was the engine made for Crysis 3, that you are actually buying assets in that engine that can be used by you to make your "new" game?  For instance, often when people made "new" games with the Half Life 2 engine, you could see, and hear the similarities.  I was playing a game once, and knew right away that it was made using the half life 2 engine because I recognized many of the sounds.  They were literally unchanged.  Often, game makers will do that.  Use assets in the engine to make the new game.  Often, the new engine uses assets from the old engine.  Was Assassin's Creed 2 not a new game, when it released well after Assassin's Creed?  Yes, it was.  And it used many of the assets from the original game.

This is how business gets done.  You don't reinvent the wheel, when it doesn't need to be reinvented.  It's called being smart.  If you make a car, such as a Sedan, is it not a new car design, when you make a new car that looks totally different, and is a sports car, and uses many of the same parts, but they changed everything that needed to be changed, to make it a sports car, such as stronger brakes, parts for the engine to give it more horsepower, sportier seats, etc...   Is it not a new car design, just because the engine block is the same, and the wipers are the same, and the transmission is the same, with some modifications, etc?  I mean, you do know that car manufacturers do use a lot of the same parts in many of their designs, right?  And this saves us money...you do know that, right?

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:15 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

This is a new game.  Do you literally know nothing about game development?  Do you not realize that when somebody leases a game engine, such as CryEngine3, which was the engine made for Crysis 3, that you are actually buying assets in that engine that can be used by you to make your "new" game?  For instance, often when people made "new" games with the Half Life 2 engine, you could see, and hear the similarities.  I was playing a game once, and knew right away that it was made using the half life 2 engine because I recognized many of the sounds.  They were literally unchanged.  Often, game makers will do that.  Use assets in the engine to make the new game.  Often, the new engine uses assets from the old engine.  Was Assassin's Creed 2 not a new game, when it released well after Assassin's Creed?  Yes, it was.  And it used many of the assets from the original game.

This is how business gets done.  You don't reinvent the wheel, when it doesn't need to be reinvented.  It's called being smart.  If you make a car, such as a Sedan, is it not a new car design, when you make a new car that looks totally different, and is a sports car, and uses many of the same parts, but they changed everything that needed to be changed, to make it a sports car, such as stronger brakes, parts for the engine to give it more horsepower, sportier seats, etc...   Is it not a new car design, just because the engine block is the same, and the wipers are the same, and the transmission is the same, with some modifications, etc?  I mean, you do know that car manufacturers do use a lot of the same parts in many of their designs, right?  And this saves us money...you do know that, right?

Of course they don’t know because they have never played any sports or franchised games.

@The D Legacy began their gaming experience with Ark.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:15 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Is funny when people try to discuss something by first of all insulting  and discredit the other person opinion calling them ignorants while they didnt even understood the idea being expressed in the first place, you are getting me wrong, using the same engine in different games can give them a similar feeling (wich is what you are talking about), that is well know by any veteran gamer(you dont need to have a phd to know that), what i am talking about is: then you take those generic assets and add your own creativity and that is what makes each game unique.

I dont aggre with the "thats how bussines are done" i would say that how low quality products are done, and its called being cheap. and its very easy to prove, play "satisfactory" is a early acces well rounded factory simulator that used already existing asssets and infused them with a lot of creativity making the game unique, play "7days 2 die" is a alpha state of development zombie survival with low graphical quality that uses their own assets + a lot of creativity wich make it very fun to play even when the physics and the looking of the game is awfull, play "oxygen not included" is a early acces that just recently was launched to its 1.0 version, its a colony management simulation with so much originality that i have never played something that reminds me of it, those games prove that there is still companies that make things right (luckly) so at the end of the day excuses are just excuses.

And there are tooooooons of excuses that people use to defend this game, but they dont get several things:

-their conformism will never help improve nor the game nor the gaming industry it will only help "improvisations" like atlas hit the market and be a failure

-the fact that they like the game doesnt make it a good pproduct and the fact that someone is critic about it doesnt mean they have to stop liking it

-cristicism is not only something desirable rather is something fundamental to improve whatever you want to improve.

people attack and insult here because in today's bland society being delicate with other people's feelings is more imprortant than facts, but i refuse to be a sheep, i will be critic, i will be direct and i will be harsh, because how the hell are we gonna improve anything if we become the defenders of mediocrity.

Edited by The D Legacy

On 11/14/2019 at 4:27 PM, zottel said:

I suggest you re read your own posts. You are the one Who isnt able to discuss a topic properly and flights himself behind personal Attacks , rather than using facts as foundation for discussions. For someone who doesnt Care about other opinions you are backfiring alot. But as someone who really has better Things to do i wont reply to Any more insults you throw at me, so feel free continue Talking with Yourself.

well i shall remind you that you are the one actively looking for my posts to criticise them (thats what people do when they want "revenge" because they got their feelings hurt) and try to riduculise them while using no argument whatsoever ( i dont rly care tho), and all of that just because you dont agree with me, so what i just said is a very appropiate description of what you do. if you dont want me to believe that you are like that all the time i invite you to reflect about your attitude and be more tolerant about people with different opinion than your own.

Edited by The D Legacy

Please list all of the gaming studios/companies that don’t use the same assets from other games developed by them.

20 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

Is funny when people try to discuss something by first of all insulting  and discredit the other person opinion calling them ignorants while they didnt even understood the idea being expressed in the first place, you are getting me wrong, using the same engine in different games can give them a similar feeling (wich is what you are talking about), that is well know by any veteran gamer(you dont need to have a phd to know that), what i am talking about is: then you take those generic assets and add your own creativity and that is what makes each game unique.

I dont aggre with the "thats how bussines are done" i would say that how low quality products are done, and its called being cheap. and its very easy to prove, play "satisfactory" is a early acces well rounded factory simulator that used already existing asssets and infused them with a lot of creativity making the game unique, play "7days 2 die" is a alpha state of development zombie survival with low graphical quality that uses their own assets + a lot of creativity wich make it very fun to play even when the physics and the looking of the game is awfull, play "oxygen not included" is a early acces that just recently was launched to its 1.0 version, its a colony management simulation with so much originality that i have never played something that reminds me of it, those games prove that there is still companies that make things right (luckly) so at the end of the day excuses are just excuses.

And there are tooooooons of excuses that people use to defend this game, but they dont get several things:

-their conformism will never help improve nor the game nor the gaming industry it will only help "improvisations" like atlas hit the market and be a failure

-the fact that they like the game doesnt make it a good pproduct and the fact that someone is critic about it doesnt mean they have to stop liking it

-cristicism is not only something desirable rather is something fundamental to improve whatever you want to improve.

people attack and insult here because in today's bland society being delicate with other people's feelings is more imprortant than facts, but i refuse to be a sheep, i will be critic, i will be direct and i will be harsh, because how the hell are we gonna improve anything if we become the defenders of mediocrity.

No dude, I asked a legitimate question.  Sorry, there is nothing wrong with being critical, where it is due, and there is PLENTY to be critical of with this game.  Plenty of things that are actually broke as fuck, such as the building system, tames disappearing off your ships, frame lag and stuttering, etc...   Crabs that look nothing like the crab from ARK, is nothing to cry about.  While they may have used some of the ARK code for the Atlas crab, there is a lot different about it, both visually, and the game mechanics side of it.  Stop trying to win this argument, because you already lost it.  You are crying about something that is absolutely ridiculous, when there are actual, legitimate things to complain about.

Has anyone noticed how coco pops are just rice crispies with chocolate? Or frosties are just sugar coated cornflakes? What an outrage! and they sell them as something different , why do people eat them? Oh I know cos they like them. Yes atlas was an ark dlc that was never used, And they took it and made a whole new game of it, so what? People who like it play it, people who don't won't. I play it cos I like it, and I don't give a damn about it's origins either.

On 11/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

No dude, I asked a legitimate question.  Sorry, there is nothing wrong with being critical, where it is due, and there is PLENTY to be critical of with this game.  Plenty of things that are actually broke as fuck, such as the building system, tames disappearing off your ships, frame lag and stuttering, etc...   Crabs that look nothing like the crab from ARK, is nothing to cry about.  While they may have used some of the ARK code for the Atlas crab, there is a lot different about it, both visually, and the game mechanics side of it.  Stop trying to win this argument, because you already lost it.  You are crying about something that is absolutely ridiculous, when there are actual, legitimate things to complain about.

that fact that you consider calling the shit out "cry" and a debate a win/loss situation suggest to me that your desire to "win" is not allowing you to fully grasp what i am trying to say.

17 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Has anyone noticed how coco pops are just rice crispies with chocolate? Or frosties are just sugar coated cornflakes? What an outrage! and they sell them as something different , why do people eat them? Oh I know cos they like them. Yes atlas was an ark dlc that was never used, And they took it and made a whole new game of it, so what? People who like it play it, people who don't won't. I play it cos I like it, and I don't give a damn about it's origins either.

have you noticed that in tha last 5 years the ammount of millionars has been multiplied by nealry 500% while the wealth per capita has plummeted/stay the same? ofc you havent, because its mediocre people like you uncapable recognising the huge drop in product quality the ones that have made possible for companies to lower the standars so much in benefit of their own profit, videogames companies have been at it for few years now but you sheeps keep turning a blind eye to it while confortably living in conformism accepting any shit you are thrown to your face, and now you are evolving, is not enough to be passive/submssive now you people even defend that conformism, your parents must be so proud of you.

Edited by The D Legacy

Lets say for argument sake that Atlas is a "DLC". It's Not.
Scorched Earth ~30 AUD 1 New Map
Abberation ~30 AUD 1 New Map
Extinction ~30 AUD 1 New Map
Atlas ~42 AUD 226 new maps. (15x15 + Blackwood)
Spot the odd one out.

I've 2500hr in Ark, 500 hrs in Atlas. Atlas is not a DLC. Saying its a DLC is  like saying any unreal game is a DLC of unreal engine lol.