Sign in to follow this  
The D Legacy

"ATLAS IS NOT AN ARK DLC!"...yeah right

Minute 4:30 do those crabs look familiar to you??

grapeshot you have not the slightest trace of integrity in you, shame on you.

• Haha 1

For someone who has no interest in Atlas anymore you Seem quite active on the Forum. Whats so bad that the crabs Look simliar?  I mean they are crabs, they have leg's And claws And Not much to Change anyway in the Looks.  If you wanna compare all stuff devs Teams copied from their own Games You will spend years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, zottel said:

For someone who has no interest in Atlas anymore you Seem quite active on the Forum. Whats so bad that the crabs Look simliar?  I mean they are crabs, they have leg's And claws And Not much to Change anyway in the Looks.  If you wanna compare all stuff devs Teams copied from their own Games You will spend years. 

Something happened to him so now he’s deeply hurt or something.

OT: As for the dinos and crabs and all that crap, you already knew they took shit from ARK in the announce trailer so to post this 11 months after that shows me how bad you want attention. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

Minute 4:30 do those crabs look familiar to you??

grapeshot you have not the slightest trace of integrity in you, shame on you.

Just wait until you see what other game developers do

Best i've Seen so far was call of Duty using the Same Video Clip in 2 of their Games 🙂 cant remember which ones it was tho

If it were meant to be a DLC they wouldn't have went out of their way to get rid of the DX9/10/11 assets just to improve the graphics while knowing full well how long it's going to take to optimize everything recreated in DX12. Also that's not even how the crabs look in Atlas.

Edited by Dang Bo

Ark is nothing like atlas it's like saying the new COD is DLC to the last COD or borderlands 3 is DLC to borderlands 2 etc

Edited by Bluestone
Removed insult.

8 hours ago, Dang Bo said:

If it were meant to be a DLC they wouldn't have went out of their way to get rid of the DX9/10/11 assets just to improve the graphics while knowing full well how long it's going to take to optimize everything recreated in DX12. Also that's not even how the crabs look in Atlas.

Check reddit and youtube, it even had the full-blown ark menus there in place, they were only hidden in earlier builds. It started out as a DLC for sure and at some point they probably thought it could make it as a standalone. It also fits the amount of content, the way it was delivered and the issues they had to fix and change things. The Developers with a clue about the engine/system clearly stayed with ARK.

It is a shame really, in addition to ARK this could have rocked as DLC.

Guess 99% of the Players Dont even Care about the fact wether it was planned/started as DLC or not. Its a standalone now And People enjoy it.

Atlas may have begun its existence as an ark dlc but it has way surpassed that now, I don't give ark much of my time now atlas is so damn good. Yeh if you like being surrounded by peoples lag creating pets and building griefers then I guess you will prefer ark anyway. But as it stands even in these early days atlas has well surpassed ark imo.

On 11/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, zottel said:

i dont see the correlation between having no interest in atlas and posting in the forums, i am doing trading runs on black desert online so i got few minutes while my ship reaches port, oceanic content expansion just went live and i am grinding my trading ship 😉

as you could deduce i wasnt even looking at anything related to atlas, i watch neebs gaming videos because they have fuck ton of videos of 7 days to die wich i also play, and when i came across that i had a flashback of people whiteknighting atlas saying it was not an ark dlc (wich it was) so i tought i would drop it and enlighten a lil bit those ignorant minds.

On 11/9/2019 at 5:36 PM, Percieval said:

Something happened to him so now he’s deeply hurt or something.

OT: As for the dinos and crabs and all that crap, you already knew they took shit from ARK in the announce trailer so to post this 11 months after that shows me how bad you want attention. 

hey there mate, its been a while, i would give you some attention but my ship is about to arrive at its destination (in black desert online ofc) so i will have to give you attention some other time 😉

On 11/10/2019 at 10:42 AM, Dang Bo said:

i could prove you wrong but that would imply time investment and reinstalling the game, wich i am not willing to do so feel free to believe what you will 😉

I always Look Into Forums of Games i dislike while having Fun in Other games just to Post something no One cares about And then telling People how much fun i have. Last Time i visited the Chess Lessons in School And told them how Great atlas is And that i Dont have time to Stay because im busy playing atlas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i could prove you wrong but that would imply time investment and reinstalling the game, wich i am not willing to do so feel free to believe what you will 😉

You act as if you have something more important to do, which is clearly not the case seeing as how you are on the forums for a game that you apparently uninstalled, and very much dislike. It seems more like you are running from something to me.

Edited by Dang Bo

7 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

I don't think anybody really cares. We all saw the videos and threads.... so what.

16 hours ago, Nuka said:

Even if it's DLC what your problem huh?

People like OP are never happy unless they have something to complain about

19 hours ago, Nuka said:

Even if it's DLC what your problem huh?

i already explained above, not gonna rewrite it.

17 hours ago, zottel said:

I always Look Into Forums of Games i dislike while having Fun in Other games just to Post something no One cares about And then telling People how much fun i have. Last Time i visited the Chess Lessons in School And told them how Great atlas is And that i Dont have time to Stay because im busy playing atlas.

you seem quite butt hurted mate, are you alright? do you need a hug? did my freedom hurt your fragile feelings?

13 hours ago, Dang Bo said:

You act as if you have something more important to do, which is clearly not the case seeing as how you are on the forums for a game that you apparently uninstalled, and very much dislike. It seems more like you are running from something to me.

i simply dont see any inherent benefit into proving you that you are mistaken, specially when that implies time and effort put into argumentation and proofs, so i am just gonna let you believe what you want to believe. sorry but as i stated before i am busy playing other stuff so i only come here every now and then.

13 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

I don't think anybody really cares. We all saw the videos and threads.... so what.

well if you dont care thats perfect, then just move on 🙂

2 hours ago, Cap’n Ro said:

People like OP are never happy unless they have something to complain about

i am sharing my findings about something, if it bothers you so much just stay in your cave

2 hours ago, Atlaneer said:

BDO is dead has been since release

well they just launched the great ocean expansion and i am a fan of ocean content and trading so i am checking it out, so far so good.

Um. No. They don't look familiar. Personally I don't think Atlas was ever intended to be a DLC, I think it was a new project from the ground up, which they used Ark as a framework to build-on because reusing code and assets is standard practice for game studios and has been probably since before either of us were born. It saves an amazing amount of time. If anything, you should be impressed with how dedicated they are to NOT reusing models from ARK. Every item or creature in Atlas that they could've borrowed from Ark they instead opted to make a brand new models and animations for, which, in my book, is a class act.

ATLAS was never intended as an ARK DLC. Not at any point in its development. That's all. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dollie said:

ATLAS was never intended as an ARK DLC. Not at any point in its development. That's all. 

Jeremy said that it was thought about to implement in ARK, but because of the major lag that would occur with the massive amounts of dino’s and ships, it couldn’t work?? 

Why have you taking so long to “share your findings” unless of course this is nothing but a bitch post because you’re now playing another game and feel the need to complain because that’s when you’re happiest?