Drake L

Wipe a island

Hey so how does it work with the wipe on a claimed flag does it wipe your company buildings to or only everything else

You don't in PVE. The option was included for a single weekend and once they realized what an excellent griefing tool they had given to the playerbase, was immediately pulled. You can still see the option on the radial, but it does nothing. Island owners can only destroy new structures placed on their islands for the first 24 hours. Anything that was there before you were the owner is grandfathered in. Same rules apply as in lawless, if they don't render the assets in for 10 days they go poof. As long as they keep coming back, you are stuck with their stuff for good. If you want to keep people off your island from placing trash, good luck, you are subject to the whim of whoever lands there. Most people will read a flag message that is broadcast as they land as to whether the island allows settlers or building. There is of course a percentage that say "YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!" and will place stupid shit just to grief. If you plan on keeping spawn points clear and reducing clutter, prepare to patrol your island at least daily.

What about on a PvP server?  Island wipes still exist, but can anyone shed light on when you can wipe (delays before wiping, time limits to wipe, etc)

Also would a failed contesting of the flag, which was still permitted to wipe for a few more hours, remove the option?

We had an island (PvP) we was about to wipe and then someone placed a contesting flag.  We killed them and their contest was ended quite quickly but then when we looked at our flag again the wipe option was no longer shown.  There should have been a couple of hours remaining at least for us to wipe; any ideas what happened?

2 hours ago, CharlieMike73 said:

What about on a PvP server?  Island wipes still exist, but can anyone shed light on when you can wipe (delays before wiping, time limits to wipe, etc)

As I understand it, you need to wait 24 hours after successfully claiming to initiate a wipe, then you have a 48 hour period before the option goes away.

Full disclosure: This is second hand knowledge, I have never actually done it myself.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:41 AM, UnknownSystemError said:

You don't in PVE. The option was included for a single weekend and once they realized what an excellent griefing tool they had given to the playerbase, was immediately pulled. You can still see the option on the radial, but it does nothing. Island owners can only destroy new structures placed on their islands for the first 24 hours. Anything that was there before you were the owner is grandfathered in. Same rules apply as in lawless, if they don't render the assets in for 10 days they go poof. As long as they keep coming back, you are stuck with their stuff for good. If you want to keep people off your island from placing trash, good luck, you are subject to the whim of whoever lands there. Most people will read a flag message that is broadcast as they land as to whether the island allows settlers or building. There is of course a percentage that say "YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!" and will place stupid shit just to grief. If you plan on keeping spawn points clear and reducing clutter, prepare to patrol your island at least daily.

Wait, are you saying the wipe island thing works on decayable structures or not?

Would make it nice for people settling on my land.

Personally full island claims should be removed from PvE.  Either replace it with claimable zones on the islands where only your company can build.  Lose the claim, you lose the base, this way they still have their gold sink and they can make  island zones 1-5 points.  small companies get 1 point ( 1-5 people) mid size companies get 2- 4 points( 6-99 accounts) and large companies get 5 points( 100+ accounts).  It would eliminate a lot of structure blocking and allow the world to get less empty.  Gold upkeep 1 point is 100g per day, 2 points is 300 g per day, 3 points is 700g per day, 4 points is 1500g per day and 5 points is 3000g per day.  If a large group claims 5 1 point zones all zones are 1k gold per day, etc to keep those areas open for smaller groups.  It wont solve everything but I think it will spread people out more and reduce lag in zones.

• Like 1

Going back to claimable zones in PVE would solve some current granularity problems, but also eliminate 90% of the mutual benefits of curated islands. It would solve some problems and re-introduce MANY more. Claim zones were cancer, our current system is arthritis.