Sign in to follow this  
Magicthighs

Grill connected to water pipes issues

I know it has been posted before, but here we go...

When the grill is connected to a water source and has its fire lit, it burns through wood at a rate of 1 unit wood per second and drains 100 units of water per 1 second burn cycle.  It acts as if you have a run of items to be manufactured even if you have no work jobs queued. If you leave wood in the grill it reignites after you turn it off, you have to remove the wood.  This only happens when connected to water pipes. 

It also fails to draw water from your water system as a whole.  So if you have 12 reservoirs linked together, the grill seems to only work with what it has been drip fed from the nearest one.  It recharges its own store of water at the same rate as the nearest reservoir in the chain.  Pipes show as blue and connected, reservoirs in the daisy chain show ample water further back in the supply.  

Can we please fix this so that a grill operates from the reservoir stores that you have and so that the wood burn cycle does not glitch badly?  My temp fix is to break one pipe link in the chain near the grill and work with water bladders from a tap.  Hardly ideal for what should be a plumbed system.

20191108122114_1.jpg

That's an odd one. I always connect my grill to the water pipes and it just re-fills after crafting anything until I totally run out of water.

And I can't say I've ever seen an issue with wood burning on it either. The only real pain is having to connect it to an existing water pipe when you place it, instead of being able to place it then attaching a water pipe.

I've never managed to get it working that way, even if it appears it's connected it doesn't get any water. Always have to have placed the pipes first then snap the grill to them.

It does make placing the grill exactly where you want it a little more tricky. I never get the pipes dead straight so the grill is always a fraction off centre!

Edited by Killer Keen