Sign in to follow this  
RogueLdr

Why can't you fix your game... PLEASE!

I want to like this game... all of my friends WANT to like this game.

We have come back to this game no less then 3 times.

Played at launch... left after the wipe.

Came back... left after terrible land claim system.

Saw single player (non dedicated) game options, came back... left due to crippling bugs and crashes.

Gave it several months.... saw piles of patches. (left around v211 as i recall, at v400 something now) Thought... surely they've fixed most of the problems by now...

... WRONG!

I just don't know what to say anymore...

This game has SO much potential that we keep trying, but honestly... i don't see a reason to keep slamming our collective junk in the bathroom drawer.

We gave you months... almost 200 iterations of the game... And the non-dedicated mode still crashes my pc.

... allow me to say that again... the game doesn't crash... IT CRASHES MY ENTIRE PC.

Without mods... without even other people connected to my game, (was testing it to see if i could lure them back if it worked)... it crashed... hung up my PC so badly i finally had to do a hard reboot after trying to get the game to close for ten minutes. Amusingly enough the music was playing in the back ground the entire time even though the game was technically closed... almost like it was mocking me.

Please, please PLEASE fix your game.

I know it's EA, but if you can't deliver a workable product then you don't deserve to be charging for it.

2 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

I want to like this game... all of my friends WANT to like this game.

We have come back to this game no less then 3 times.

Played at launch... left after the wipe.

Came back... left after terrible land claim system.

Saw single player (non dedicated) game options, came back... left due to crippling bugs and crashes.

Gave it several months.... saw piles of patches. (left around v211 as i recall, at v400 something now) Thought... surely they've fixed most of the problems by now...

... WRONG!

I just don't know what to say anymore...

This game has SO much potential that we keep trying, but honestly... i don't see a reason to keep slamming our collective junk in the bathroom drawer.

We gave you months... almost 200 iterations of the game... And the non-dedicated mode still crashes my pc.

... allow me to say that again... the game doesn't crash... IT CRASHES MY ENTIRE PC.

Without mods... without even other people connected to my game, (was testing it to see if i could lure them back if it worked)... it crashed... hung up my PC so badly i finally had to do a hard reboot after trying to get the game to close for ten minutes. Amusingly enough the music was playing in the back ground the entire time even though the game was technically closed... almost like it was mocking me.

Please, please PLEASE fix your game.

I know it's EA, but if you can't deliver a workable product then you don't deserve to be charging for it.

Sounds like pvp to me. The whole world is awesome. Come to the darkside(pve).

i really don’t like the word potential. Every single game/life/tree/anything has potential. That is a very bad word to use as far as games go because every single game has potential. Please don’t act like that word has any kind of impact on what the game is. That would be sad.

this game is awesome. It is time to deal with that fact. I won’t even bother with the whole EA BS. It’s awesome. Is this your genre or is it not? 

does it have bugs? So what? If you have left 3 or more times that already speaks volumes. Let me guess you are one of the “loyal” players right? Lol

How are you people not having fun with this game? I don’t care if you are day 1(entitled) or not. Live it up, plenty of things to experience. Just in case you think you have experienced everything they have added a lot of new islands. I have been to many grids and have seen the copy and paste islands but I have also seen the new and very awesome islands.

boo hoo, you think new islands aren’t enough. Time to deal with the entitlement really. Pc players right now are complaining about nothing new being added. A new life was added to the game. People are actually playing it. Maybe it’s time to be thankful and try to enjoy a good game. Maybe?

Wow, still at it huh realist.

I remember sideng with my back at launch against all the nay sayers. It must be hard to keep that armor white by now huh. Mine has long since rusted away.

Though, please try to actually read my post.

1:   i specifically said non-dedicated. which means me and my friends... not pvp

2:  it doesn't matter if you like the word potential or not, it's a thing. Yes, everything has potential... and many things do not fulfill it... this is looking like one of them.

3:   Is the game awesome? It certainly could be. It is our genre, which is why we want it to get better so badly.

4:  How can you say "so what" to the bugs? There have been almost 200 version of the game since we left and the same bugs that made us leave are still there. At some point there has to be some accountability on the part of the devs.

5:   We're trying to have fun with the game, It's kinda hard when it crashes and locks up your PC constantly. Either the host crashes or the people connected crash so much that it's unplayable.

6: I never once mentioned new content. Not even sure where you got that from lol. All i want is what they have to ... you know... actually work!

They focused so hard on cross platform play... which is fine, except that they haven't actually fixed the game for existing customers. It feels like that had to bring in a fresh batch of money... i mean players that haven't been disappointed by them yet in order to stay afloat.

All we want is to be able to play the game we paid for without it locking up our PC's.

I had an old video card and in the game I had 5-6 FPS at minimum settings. I changed the video card to one of the latest models, and now at the maximum settings I have FPS ten times higher.

I did not wait for someone to optimize something, I brought my computer in accordance with the requirements of the game.

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Sounds like pvp to me. The whole world is awesome. Come to the darkside(pve). 

i really don’t like the word potential. Every single game/life/tree/anything has potential. That is a very bad word to use as far as games go because every single game has potential. Please don’t act like that word has any kind of impact on what the game is. That would be sad.

this game is awesome. It is time to deal with that fact. I won’t even bother with the whole EA BS. It’s awesome. Is this your genre or is it not? 

does it have bugs? So what? If you have left 3 or more times that already speaks volumes. Let me guess you are one of the “loyal” players right? Lol

How are you people not having fun with this game? I don’t care if you are day 1(entitled) or not. Live it up, plenty of things to experience. Just in case you think you have experienced everything they have added a lot of new islands. I have been to many grids and have seen the copy and paste islands but I have also seen the new and very awesome islands.

boo hoo, you think new islands aren’t enough. Time to deal with the entitlement really. Pc players right now are complaining about nothing new being added. A new life was added to the game. People are actually playing it. Maybe it’s time to be thankful and try to enjoy a good game. Maybe?

there is only so much stuff to discover, once you have experienced all you draw conclusions and....well... lets just say its not what some of us expected when we bought it.

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

there is only so much stuff to discover, once you have experienced all you draw conclusions and....well... lets just say its not what some of us expected when we bought it.

Yeah it’s kind of like the whole shipyards being everywhere thing. They shouldn’t have built all 10 at once, but just recycled the shipyard.

i can see how a big group can easy rush content but I can also see them getting bored after rushing said content.

but yeah, I understand people getting bored but I already learned from that and am taking my time to where I won’t get bored soon.

hopefully the future will have some cool new stuff in store for everyone.

9 hours ago, Realist said:

Come to the darkside(pve).

Sadly that part is about as much fun as an actual sandbox after a bit.

9 hours ago, Realist said:

Pc players right now are complaining about nothing new being added. 

I was complaining because i paid for a game with pirates but i only received a pile of trash with bears.

I was complaining because i paid for a game based on UE4 but i only got an underperforming heap of bugs that made the game run with <40 fps in FHD on an RTX 2080. (Seriously, HOW THE FUCK DID THEY DO THAT?)

I was complaining because i paid for a PVP enabled game but i only got an offline raid simulator where the bigger corp always wins and the bigger ship is always better and literally everything is one dimensional.

I had high hopes when i learned that there was a new chief game designer assigned, but everything i have read about the game ever since failed to raise any desire in me to have another look at it again.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, user1 said:

I was complaining because i paid for a game with pirates but i only received a pile of trash with bears.

Lol, love this quote. 

Pirate experience, kinda not so much. But hey we DO have se awesome OP bears! You know how pirates loved thier bears! Far more important to a pirate than better ships right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Realist said:

Lol atlas broke your brain.

Suddenly, I feel the need to hug a tree.

Edited by eeeceee

1 hour ago, Grongash said:

Sadly that part is about as much fun as an actual sandbox after a bit.

Yeah I am just taking it slow right now and focusing on discovery points right now. By the time that is done I will still have all of the end game stuff to do. I get what you are saying though

I've been around the gaming world for a long time and I've watched the development here since day one. I'd say the biggest problem is the top person on the development team. From day one it's been what I see as unfocused on the big picture and unclear on a path.

Just like in RL, when an area is not running correctly, it's almost always the person running that area. When I see some of the actions taken I think this company may be low of cash and desperate. That would explain some of the decisions. Otherwise I'd chalk it up to grab ass.

Overall the game is improving and the concept has a lot going for it. I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best for it.

Lately it seems the biggest problem is back to one of the old ones. That being grid performance. And from chat, many think the same. I've found myself leaving the area I want to be in for better running grids.

Two days ago I was transporting bears by sea. I crossed a grid line and all my bears disappeared. I stopped, turned around and searched both sides of the grid line for a while before, out of the blue all my bears were back standing on the deck.

I'd suggest at this point a focus on bugs and performance over new content. Get step one right, then move back to step two. Or you end up having people leave for both reasons.

Is this game crashing everyone else's computer in that game mode?   If it is we can specifically blame the game.  If its not then that means there are certain variables causing the PC to crash.  Need to find out what that is.  Laying the responsibility at the devs feet without providing any info won't do anything to resolve the issue. 

If your intention was not to fix the issue and just rant then carry on.  If its not then you are going about this the wrong way. 

Edited by DocHolliday

Ok so I have 1 gripe right now lol.

grappling hooks.

they should not automatically let go of you hit a little lip or sometimes even randomly let go.

distance and height are fine and all of that but when you are in the middle of climbing and you just let go? Nah man, I am not suicidal.

make it to where you only let go when you physically let it go yourself and you guys will be fine 👍

Also need to fix your diving suit unattaching randomly when diving not a fan of suddenly drowning while diving with zero warning

1 hour ago, Atlaneer said:

Also need to fix your diving suit unattaching randomly when diving not a fan of suddenly drowning while diving with zero warning

Are you sure it's not your company mates trolling you? as when you put on the dive suit it removes it from the player already using it. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Realist said:

Ok so I have 1 gripe right now lol.

grappling hooks.

they should not automatically let go of you hit a little lip or sometimes even randomly let go.

distance and height are fine and all of that but when you are in the middle of climbing and you just let go? Nah man, I am not suicidal.

make it to where you only let go when you physically let it go yourself and you guys will be fine 👍

So, you finally got your Xbox copy. I wonder if you like the game still this much in, let's say, 3 months. Me, pc player since day 1, love this game. Up to the end all alliances quit the game and my members ran away;

-buildingbug (still ridiculous, the thread gave alot of players hope, but even devs/co-owners are not having the respect to respond to it anymore. Wipe incoming)

-STILL NO new ship (designs)

-bonusses on bps not working

-tames falling thru foundations etc. And only they moved AFTER destroying loads of those

-Captainhat skin for ALL WHO LOVE and helped out to get this game to a... ye, a what? (where the frack is it?)

-Promisses no wipe, yet wipes are still incoming

This, matey, this should've been fixed by now. After almost 1 year since EA release. And yes, early acces, I know. But come on, this is becoming one big joke.

From thousands of players on a daily base, to hundreds weekly. Doesnt that say enuf?

I logged in after the wipe, made a very high stone wall. Broke down a ceiling, looked behind me and see the wall broken down. The bottom 10 hight where gone, rest above was still hanging there.

"Bugs not fixed, cya after the next wipe" And logged off.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

33 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

So, you finally got your Xbox copy. I wonder if you like the game still this much in, let's say, 3 months. Me, pc player since day 1, love this game. Up to the end all alliances quit the game and my members ran away;

-buildingbug (still ridiculous, the thread gave alot of players hope, but even devs/co-owners are not having the respect to respond to it anymore. Wipe incoming)

-STILL NO new ship (designs)

-bonusses on bps not working

-tames falling thru foundations etc. And only they moved AFTER destroying loads of those

-Captainhat skin for ALL WHO LOVE and helped out to get this game to a... ye, a what? (where the frack is it?)

-Promisses no wipe, yet wipes are still incoming

This, matey, this should've been fixed by now. After almost 1 year since EA release. And yes, early acces, I know. But come on, this is becoming one big joke.

From thousands of players on a daily base, to hundreds weekly. Doesnt that say enuf?

I logged in after the wipe, made a very high stone wall. Broke down a ceiling, looked behind me and see the wall broken down. The bottom 10 hight where gone, rest above was still hanging there.

"Bugs not fixed, cya after the next wipe" And logged off.

I still haven’t experienced most of those bugs yet. My buddy did however, have to deal with the walls disappearing or breaking bug. He had to build out a little further then before. It seems as though it is actual specific spots that are bugged. Once he built outward more the walls stayed.

it will definitely take more than 3 months for me to get bored. I am still only able to play a couple of days a week until I get laid off so it will probably be months before I can even get the discovery points done, let alone get to the rest of the game.

then again I am not rushing through content though either. I have agreed with other people that if they had rushed through everything they could get bored easily. It won’t be that way with our group. Just taking our time.

• Like 1