Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

WPE ships

Don't know if this is a glitch or intentional but the wpe ships I attack take damage then turn, and the are at full health again I can't sink em they just keep coming back at full health.And  I can't claim the camp until I beat the ship, Don't get me wrong it's a great battle but surely they should stay damaged for a couple of minutes at least.

I"ve had to disengage for a bit and then turn on them. then they appear to have taken damage. They do heal and repair. Thing I don't know is whether or not the health bar is of the ship or the pirate at the helm

alternatively, you could do what I have done and sit near shore with a mortar and bombard the heck out of it.

Edited by Geminia_Sierra

Yes, you need a lot of cannon balls to take down even the sloop, you have to keep the pressure on them or they heal and still hit you hard each time. I generally get them to follow my battle brig and let my 13 rear cannons just keep firing at them til they sink. Does go thru an enormous amount of cannon balls though, Takes at least a 100 or so for the schooners and sloops and close to 300 for a galleon. Too bad there are no loot boxes on the sunken ships though, the only thing they are good for are the resources you get from dismantling them, or at least whats left of them after I'm done with them.

And another thing to keep in mind, if you don't take out the whole islands camps before you log off, they will regenerate too include any ships associated with the bases when you log back in. So if you wasted a lot of ammo taking out a ship, then log off, it will respawn and you have to do it all over again, but your ammo that you used won't respawn for you.

And you have to pay attention when leading the WPEs, cause if your not keeping an eye to the front, you may run into SOTDs, and they don't care bout the WPE ships, just you.

31 minutes ago, Shadow Wolfe said:

And you have to pay attention when leading the WPEs, cause if your not keeping an eye to the front, you may run into SOTDs, and they don't care bout the WPE ships, just you.

yeah, so ran into that problem one time. 

The WPE ships are just crazy OP. Yeah, keep pressure on them and they'll eventually die. I almost think you have to hit the wheel to score damage. Now that I'm thinking of it I'll have to check that out when I get home. I've blown whole sides off the ship and it doesn't sink and had to disengage to get the wind back, only to turn back (less than a minute) and it had a fixed side.

Believe it or not, I've lost armor pieces to sloops and almost lost planks, and that's with upgraded planks and resistance. They hit you as hard as you hit them. Problem is that the sloops have 4 guns on the top deck, and you can't take the guns out, so they keep firing at you even though their planks are missing. All the other ships only employ guns in their gunports, so if you take the gunport out, they can't fire at you from that port until it is repaired. I mean, the sloop is usually only able to fire 2 guns at a time, but like I said, they hit hard, I've seen damage numbers from multiple sections on each hit. And they definitely are higher damage than SOTD hits. One broadside from my battle brig, or one volley from the 13 rear guns is generally enough to take out low level SOTDs, but it takes 10 times as many hits to take down a low level WPE sloop.