Sign in to follow this  
BalackFT

Single Player Game Error

Hello All!
So I've just started getting this error. I've validated files several times and even did a fresh install. Anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be?

tJD8CM4.jpg

Hmm, looks like your trying to play an MMORPG type game by yourself, without the MMO part. That's probably the main issue. I'd try joining krackens maw official, see if it fixes the problem.

37 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Hmm, looks like your trying to play an MMORPG type game by yourself, without the MMO part. That's probably the main issue. I'd try joining krackens maw official, see if it fixes the problem.

While funny......its not helpful. The error pops up as the menu loads and i cannot "choose" and option.

1 hour ago, BalackFT said:

Hello All!
So I've just started getting this error. I've validated files several times and even did a fresh install. Anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be?

tJD8CM4.jpg

Do you have discord on?

• Like 1

D3D device lost.  Check your Event viewer for Video card drivers crashing or related events.

Start > PC > Right click manage > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System

The logs should be in chronological order.  Easiest thing to do is recreate the errors then immediately check the logs.  If the driver is crashing it can be a range of causes.  Game might need a reinstall.  DX screwed up.  Drivers or game profiles corrupt.  Failing GPU, PSU issue.  Start at the simple software related issues first.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

D3D device lost.  Check your Event viewer for Video card drivers crashing or related events.

Start > PC > Right click manage > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System

The logs should be in chronological order.  Easiest thing to do is recreate the errors then immediately check the logs.  If the driver is crashing it can be a range of causes.  Game might need a reinstall.  DX screwed up.  Drivers or game profiles corrupt.  Failing GPU, PSU issue.  Start at the simple software related issues first.

This put me on the right track. The event viewer showed a display error and, as it turns out, that GForce Experience program downloaded a new driver for Red Dead's PC launch. Rolling that "Game Ready Driver" fixed my Atlas issue.

Thank you Doc!

7 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

MMO stands for Multi Massive Online  not Forced Masive Online, so how he wants to play is most likely his decision

• Like 2