Wambabalo

Fix the weight exploit!

How many here have had their ship overweighted after logging off or stepping away to gather resources on an island? If you're like me, you've had it happen countless times.

At first I was taking this short straw with a smile and a willingness to build bigger and more expensive boats with defenses and NPC to keep offline raiders to a minimum but what is the point of building on deck defenses if all someone has to do is get on your ladder for a few minutes and bring it down?

The devs need to do away with this weight system until they can stop trolls from doing this. Why not have a system that only counts what is in the storage of the company or player who crafts the ship?

Sure you will have allies exploiting this but it is better than coming online to see all of your ships sunk with no person to go after or wage war on.

At bare minimum tell us who sunk our ship by doing this stupid exploit. Please find an alternative to this current easily exploitable weight system for ships.

Your player base will appreciate it

21 minutes ago, TerrorTrooper said:

I thought they changed it so anchored ships won’t sink when overweight/overcrowded?

Is that really in the game yet or a "will come in a future patch" state? I know it´s implemented for overcrowded (my ship was overcrowded with npcs at one Point and I had a message popping up telling me that my ship will sink if I´ll raise the Anchor)

That would solve the problem tho

- Torpedo Damage reduced by 45%
- Boats will no longer sink when overweighted or overcrewed if they are fully anchored (green anchor)
- Settlement Mode: Claim Flags now appear on the World Map for the grid region you're currently on
- Submarines docked on hangars now retain their colour after server restarts
- Prevented firing from gunports if the gunport has not fully opened. This is to resolve crews being dismounted as they were blocked for firing too soon
- Quest skills are blacked out with a silhouette when not learned
- Cocoa can now be crafted properly in irrigated grills
- Fixed FPV reload animation playing when switching from TPV to FPV with the Crossbow
- Fixed an issue where servers that were running for more than 4 days consecutively without reboot would have choppy water on the client.

They sorted that a while ago.

• Like 1

My ships were anchored. Underweight. Not in a freeport. And completely repaired. Why the $!#! did they sink? Why is there no shipwreck symbol?

Tired of getting on to all my ships being gone and not knowing how or who did it. My log just says something was sunk or destroyed. Never telling me how or who. 

Edited by 1-ball Willy

50 minutes ago, 1-ball Willy said:

My ships were anchored. Underweight. Not in a freeport. And completely repaired. Why the $!#! did they sink? Why is there no shipwreck symbol? Why diesnt it tell me how the hell they sank. Why is this game broke asf?

Tell us how our ships are sinking grapeshot!!  Tired of getting on to all my ships being gone and not knowing how or who did it. My log just says something was sunk or destroyed. Never telling me how or who. It's a complete waste of time. Im going back to fallout 76 till you guys learn how to make a game. 

You realise that this game is still in Early Access and therefore not finished and has a lot of Bugs and glitches? It even tells you that before you buy it and it tells you that in the main menu. 

Yes, it is annoying AF but that´s what we basically signed up for, we are testers for this game and therefore we have to live with those bugs until they are fixed. 

• Like 1

- Boats will no longer sink when overweighted or overcrewed if they are fully anchored (green anchor)

I think they must have fudged something up because we just had a ship sink two days ago that was fully anchored at an Island for a treasure map and when people started porting to it just sunk. Ship had been anchored for a good 15 minutes because we sailed it there for the map then hopped to another boat to finish a different treasure map. There was no warning, nothing. Just there and then gone. What is funny is no one actually finished the port as everyone got dumped in the ocean or green screened back. Fucking ridiculous. 

So something isn't right with anchored ships again. I'm thinking it's just people can climb on a ship now and it will sink because of over capacity which is just stupid.

4 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

- Torpedo Damage reduced by 45%
- Settlement Mode: Claim Flags now appear on the World Map for the grid region you're currently on
- Submarines docked on hangars now retain their colour after server restarts
- Prevented firing from gunports if the gunport has not fully opened. This is to resolve crews being dismounted as they were blocked for firing too soon
- Quest skills are blacked out with a silhouette when not learned
- Cocoa can now be crafted properly in irrigated grills
- Fixed FPV reload animation playing when switching from TPV to FPV with the Crossbow
- Fixed an issue where servers that were running for more than 4 days consecutively without reboot would have choppy water on the client.

They sorted that a while ago.

if this happened to him they probably didnt, or it broke after a patch.

Fully anchoring takes 15 mins. Its when you get the solid green anchor. If you recently stopped and overweighted it before the 15 min green anchor, then it'll still sink.

On 11/8/2019 at 4:54 PM, Atlaneer said:

Just build a galleon fill with weight sails and level crew only PROBLEM SOLVED

What do you mean by 'level crew'?

Like has been said. You need to wait 15 mins after dropping an anchor for it to be classed as safe from overweight.   If you anchor you will be vulnerable again.    It works now. Comes up with a yellow symbol when overweight