Sign in to follow this  
Cito

A Single Improvement for Game Performance/Experience

I think if you can add the Wild Pirate Encampments (WPE) and have them patrol the seas and attack islands/ destroy structures, it would really keep the PVE experience in check and also cut down on spam (essentially increasing performance). Plus it would make more sense than the Ships of the Damned (SOTD) everywhere you go. Make the SOTD really rare, (one per Tile) this way they can be another kind of Treasure in finding them.

I haven't played against the WPEs in single player but here is my idea for how they could operate:

Each Tile has two or 3 WPE companies and the would follow a course in attacking an island. The WPEs would operate like aggressive animals and attack your structures (essentially helping cleanup abandoned taming pins and all other kinds of spam/griefing structures). So if you build on lawless you potentially can be attacked by a WPE. This way people will be more apt to try and land on another players island and try and join them or pay them tax. (tax has to be affordable though- for people just starting out)

I think this would be a natural check on the PVE side and help bring people together. Lawless wouldn't be inundated with structures/ships.

p.s. I think you would need a tutorial on this, so people know they can sail to other peoples lands to join them or pay an affordable tax. I still haven't sailed to any land that is already claimed and ive been playing for a month.

• Like 1

WPE's don't work like you think they do.

Basically, they are static. 8 to 10 pirates per encampment and that don't do anything except shoot cannon at you if they see you, until you attack and there are usually 2 to 4 wild pirate ENCAMPMENT on the islands. The larger the more from what I've seen. If the encampment is near the shore, there is sometimes a ship doing lazy circles off shore. These range from schooners and brigatines and I've heard galleon (shudder). These ships are TOUGH, tougher that SotD in that they repair, and they'll follow you for a while if they can keep up.

It would be nice if there were some wandering pirates.

• Like 1