Sign in to follow this  
Veg

pvp Captain Veg's suggestions

Hi, i played atlas at release and then i quit after huge population loss and now i return at this season. I got 900 hours in this game and i feel like game is right on its tracks now i  feel like every update make this game greater so good job dev team!

First i have to mention the reason i play this game is naval combat. I played various naval games includes Naval action which i like most due to its mechanics. 

This game lacks naval diversity, i see people are trying different builds with ships but mostly they are getting sinked cuz theres always only 1 build that works for combat

Johnny Depp Ship GIF

Modules

We definetly neeed more modules for ships like rudder, fins, anchor, ammo depot and all should randomly malfunction when they are not repaired fully.

image.png.b729caff2f095964fc7b317bc7877025.png

• A rudder that can be damaged, broken and destroyed. Random malfunction: Stucked rudder.
  • Finns that reduces your drag
  • One use only anchors for fast manuevers that can be deployed from the front of the ship at shallows. Random Malfunction: released anchor due to a lucky shot.
  • Ammo depot that can randomly catch fire slowly burns your ammo till you extinguish.
  • Mast malfunction: Stucked sails.

Damage Mechanics and Penetration

Right now at naval fights your ultimate aim is to remove enemy ships planks. What if we didnt need to remove them? Cant just one shot creates leaks and damage internals and crew? So repair guys wont get bored?

Different Plank types also would be nice to see to add on diversity on waters:

• Heavy plank: Slows the ship but has ticker armor and canon balls can bounce from it when they shot from certain angles.
  • Medium plank: Average plank, Average penetraition protection, No speed debuff
  • Light plank:  Speed buff, low armor, low hp

Ammo Types and More Calibers

We need different types of cannons right now we have only two options, Medium Canon and Large Canon thats not enough we need more diversity.

• Long Canon; Deals less damage but has longer range, longer reload time.
  • Medium Canon; Medium range, medium damage.
  • Short Canon; Short range, Fast Reload, High Damage 

Ammo Types:

• Grape shots for canons: damages and kills the crew
  • Spike shots: Right now they are useless but would be nice if they have chance to start fire since they explode with a fuse.
  • Canonballs at different calibers for each canon type.

All these canons should have exist in different calibers for different ships.

SAILING

There should be two different sailing modes, 

1: Simple sailing mode: Like it is right now.

2: Advaced Sailing mode: Now im about to mention.

We talked about  modules that can broken and malfunction. Lets say your rudder is damaged and stuck and you cant turn anymore but is rudder the only way to turn ship? No, in real life you can turn the ships by just turning sails only if we were be able use the front sail and back sail seperately. 

image.png.572baed07bfb9d9bdcb9269407e5b528.png

If you move your sails like this the wind should push the front of the ship towards right and makes you turn right.

image.png.98c595f89d642519c03c18d0342c3df5.png

If you move your sails like this the wind should push the back of the ship towards right and makes you turn left.

Conclusion

Im not gonna mention that we also need more ship types im pretty sure devs are working on it.

Thank you for reading my post im gonna add more to the post by time. 

I also would like to hear what you think about this.

image.png

Edited by Veg