Sign in to follow this  
Necromancie

After 2 Days

So ive been tring to play, but its one thing after another.

1. Heat killing me everytime i turn around.

2. Vitamins ???

3. Boats sink not even useing just sink.

4. Even if i had a boat cant get gold to hire a crew.

So yea not fun, waste of $$ and time.

AND NO I CAN NOT LEAVE THE FIRST #@&^ING ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Necromancie

Would you like some tips?
The game can certainly be somewhat hard to figure out initially.
I and others in the community would be more than happy to help if you would like it?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Necromancie said:

So ive been tring to play, but its one thing after another.

1. Heat killing me everytime i turn around.

2. Vitamins ???

3. Boats sink not even useing just sink.

4. Even if i had a boat cant get gold to hire a crew.

So yea not fun, waste of $$ and time.

AND NO I CAN NOT LEAVE THE FIRST #@&^ING ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. put the First few Level Into fortitude. Also a frequent thing i noticed New Players Dont know is you can dig for water while lying ob the Floor. Or you change your home Grid to another freeport.  2. Vitamins can be annoying in the beginning, so easiest way while Farming for a ship is to die. Be sure to get Yourself meat berries vegtables And Fish before you set Sail. 3. Need More Details what happened to your ship. 4. you are no pirate Captain yet, so Sail with Friends or alone. Loot flotsams or craft a Diving attachment,Fill it up with Oil And Dive for shipwrecks to get Yourself some Money And Crew. 5. insults And Flaming will only get you in Trouble,after all you Want to be a Captain Which is worth the respect of his Crew 

1:- tropical, desert, and equatorial can be brutal on the temperatures, as stated above, I’d strongly advise on sticking your first 10 points into Fortitude. It just makes everything more manageable.

2:- its honestly easier to die at this stage in the game. Personally I don’t manage my vitamins half the time anyway, it’s a useless mechanic that brings nothing to the table. That’s another story however and they do get easier to look after later.

3:- you’re in a Freeport, aren’t you. Freeport’s have accelerated decay timers on ships, the purpose behind this is to prevent it cluttering up with abandoned player craft. Anywhere else in the atlas, a ship will last almost indefinitely (assuming no one sinks it) as long as someone visits it every 2 weeks, In a Freeport you’ve got about 8 hours. Again, it’s a frustrating mechanic that does more to upset new players rather than protect them. Personally, on death, I’d change my home region to lawless, you won’t be bound by any of the Freeport’s odd mechanics then.

4:- a sloop, (built in a small shipyard rather than a bought ramshackle) can mount a single medium sail rather than 2 small sails making it easily solo sailable.

instead of actually mounting the sail, of its within reach from the wheel, bring up the radial menu and adjust rotation and percentage open on that.

Want some metal tools? 😄

13 hours ago, Bluestone said:

I and others in the community would be more than happy to help if you would like it?

No offensssse but, did you read the OP? 🙂

If you use the fishing rod it will give you a small amount of gold with each catch, within no time you'll have enough for ship crew to help you start. You also get fish this way for blue vit, and skin sometimes.

20 hours ago, Bluestone said:

yeah because having a tutorial is too main stream, right?

@eeeceee No offense taken.
Some people just want to vent and don't respond well to tips from the community, so I was trying a different approach to see if it would be received well. 🙂

@The D Legacy There is a tutorials option in the main menu. This is often overlooked by players. I am not even sure if it was there when I started playing 🙂
Also in the game options you can toggle 'Show Tutorial Hint Text' and 'Hide Tutorial Button'
The tutorial button this refers to is in between Discoveries and Atlas when viewing the in game tabs and contains the same tutorial information as the main menu option.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluestone said:

@The D Legacy There is a tutorials option in the main menu. This is often overlooked by players. I am not even sure if it was there when I started playing 🙂
Also in the game options you can toggle 'Show Tutorial Hint Text' and 'Hide Tutorial Button'
The tutorial button this refers to is in between Discoveries and Atlas when viewing the in game tabs and contains the same tutorial information as the main menu option.

i am a day 1 player, and believe me it wasnt there, i cant remember how many times i died from dehydration in the starting island when i was a newb until some random hero explained how to do it in the general chat, and he knew only because it was the same way as in ark, i am gald to hear they fixed it.

I would actually like to see players below level 8 not having to suffer heat or vit effects or at least have them at a reduced rate, that way new players could ease their way into the game. I only say lev 8 as you can't lev above that until you leave the freeport zone anyway.

It would be nice if the tutorial was an option provided when you load into the map. instead of a hidden button.

The heat wave, while I understand is a thing, is OP at the moment. It should be able to avoid if you go into shade or dive in the water etc

@NECROMANCIE give it time, research the game and watch YT vids and ask questions here, to learn a lot.

8 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i am a day 1 player, and believe me it wasnt there, i cant remember how many times i died from dehydration in the starting island when i was a newb until some random hero explained how to do it in the general chat, and he knew only because it was the same way as in ark, i am gald to hear they fixed it.

Haha yea. Not knowing how to drink from the ground at the start got me a few times too 😂

20 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

I would actually like to see players below level 8 not having to suffer heat or vit effects or at least have them at a reduced rate, that way new players could ease their way into the game. I only say lev 8 as you can't lev above that until you leave the freeport zone anyway.

I think it is mainly people that have not played ark or this type of survival game before. Just a couple of days ago we adopted a new guy and this was his first survival game.

he said he really likes this type of genre but he was pretty much aimlessly wandering around when he found us lol.

i am glad I have been on the forums as long as I have been as well as being an ark veteran because I pretty much hit the ground running and have been having fun ever since.

it will really all come down to if the veteran players want to be helpful or dicks to new players. They can read a tutorial all they want but if they are shown what to do and put it to practice then they will retain a lot more of the information.

p.s. The new guy is doing just fine now lol

18 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Games to hard for you bro...try checkers maybe..or roblox

Not cool 👎

16 hours ago, Bluestone said:

Haha yea. Not knowing how to drink from the ground at the start got me a few times too 😂

Which bring us to ark. There were shark in both ark and atlas but yet you could drink from the ocean in ark so how did the sharks and other fish survive? Lol

I've never played this kind of game before and it took some time.  I didn't even leave the Freeport until I was about a week in after launch.  I was having fun figuring out how to farm, level, skill up and build a raft with a bed, smithy and storage.  I remember how amazed I was at how quickly I could farm fiber using a scythe.  I sailed out with my brother on a raft after a week and we were flagged down by a company and started talking to them.  We joined that day and the rest is history. 

Edited by DocHolliday

I like how different playstyles are And how People socialize in Game And found their Company or Members for it. We once were Doing Maps And saw a Guy naked punching Army of the damned. He Didnt know that he Needs to fight AOD to do the map. We Killed the AOD And were on our way back to the ship, then he told us he hasnt received Any Gold. End of the Story was he hasnt brought a shovel And we recruited him 🙂

4 hours ago, zottel said:

I like how different playstyles are And how People socialize in Game And found their Company or Members for it. We once were Doing Maps And saw a Guy naked punching Army of the damned. He Didnt know that he Needs to fight AOD to do the map. We Killed the AOD And were on our way back to the ship, then he told us he hasnt received Any Gold. End of the Story was he hasnt brought a shovel And we recruited him 🙂

Oh man. That noob story was actually kind of bad lol I totally get being new and not knowing about army of the damned and all but what the hell was that guy thinking not bringing a shovel??????

everybody knows you have to have a shovel when digging up buried treasure. No game knowledge is needed for that. Unless you have never learned anything about pirates you should know you need a shovel 😂

this is more comical than insulting.