Sign in to follow this  
Talstorm

Being Tame blocked by tame limit

I have been having issues with the tame limit and it isn't the companies limit, but it is the entire server limit. Because we are in the same tile as a mega-company, and because of that the entire server has hit a tame limit. I was wondering is there a reason the devs implemented it this way or is it simply a bug. Every small company is having issues with this problem, so I do not think it is bug, but I am unsure.

On 3. November 2019 at 1:25 AM, Talstorm said:

I have been having issues with the tame limit and it isn't the companies limit, but it is the entire server limit. Because we are in the same tile as a mega-company, and because of that the entire server has hit a tame limit. I was wondering is there a reason the devs implemented it this way or is it simply a bug. Every small company is having issues with this problem, so I do not think it is bug, but I am unsure.

Never heard of a Server wide tame Limit And im 99% sure there is non. Sometimes if an Animal was Fed by another Company You cant Feed it anymore, tho in unsureif thats the reason multiple companys have this Problem. I would submit it to the bugreports.

Every company on our tile has that issue. I even ran around to see if I can tame a pig, but it won't even give me an option to do so, but yea I am submitting it to bug report. 

23 hours ago, zottel said:

Never heard of a Server wide tame Limit And im 99% sure there is non. Sometimes if an Animal was Fed by another Company You cant Feed it anymore, tho in unsureif thats the reason multiple companys have this Problem. I would submit it to the bugreports.

There has to be a server limit even if the devs haven’t said it. There was always a tame limit on ark servers and not because the devs wanted it that way. A server can only hold so much. 

4 hours ago, Realist said:

There has to be a server limit even if the devs haven’t said it. There was always a tame limit on ark servers and not because the devs wanted it that way. A server can only hold so much. 

Yeah at some Point there will be a Limit but even Mega companys can only have 300 tames in a Grid, so its not the Case causing a tame Limit here. 

4 hours ago, zottel said:

Yeah at some Point there will be a Limit but even Mega companys can only have 300 tames in a Grid, so its not the Case causing a tame Limit here. 

Yeah if a mega company is simply just a big company now then yes. From ark a mega was a conglomerate of many alpha tribes that formed alliances to become a mega tribe.

if that is the case him saying a mega is on there could mean that there are 10 different companies all allied together and if they all maxed their company tame limit there would be 3000 tames on the one server. Which is just an example of course.

not sure if the term mega has changed since ark but then a mega was multiple groups coming together 

@zottel, how many tames you had last season in one grid (at max).
We had >1,2k in a lawless grid (e11). AND it was a grid where alot of big bear breeder had their breeding bases.
I dont think there is a global limit of tames tbh.

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

@zottel, how many tames you had last season in one grid (at max).
We had >1,2k in a lawless grid (e11). AND it was a grid where alot of big bear breeder had their breeding bases.
I dont think there is a global limit of tames tbh.

About 1,5k Most of the Time. If there is a global Limit im sure  its way over what a Grid usually has. And yeah E11 was a hotspot for breeders. We had about 300 bears + the 1,2k from pink fluffy And Couple Smaller companys that also had about 200 tames 

Might be mounted npc count as server tame limit.. You can have 10 000npc mounted on ships and puckles that dont count towards the 300 cap anymore

Fuck sakes, these tames are lut of control. 1200 god damn tames?! 

Devs, let's fix this. 1200!? We need to seriously dial this tame shit down a few pegs. 

Too many people playing zoo keeper and not out sailing.

To be fair, thier ship was probably  destroyed.

16 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Devs, let's fix this. 1200!? We need to seriously dial this tame shit down a few pegs. 

That was before the Last wipe And companys had a Limit if 1600. also Quite normal that if you trade And Breed tames you end up having alot of them.Ships all healthy And waiting for the next Hunt,so Nothing with Sitting only on land.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:25 AM, Talstorm said:

Because the engine was never meant to handle what it has to, they went the cheap way of "fixing" it. Same with the reduced building count after the last "relaunch".

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, zottel said:

About 1,5k Most of the Time. If there is a global Limit im sure  its way over what a Grid usually has. And yeah E11 was a hotspot for breeders. We had about 300 bears + the 1,2k from pink fluffy And Couple Smaller companys that also had about 200 tames 

Plus 300 not so ultimate bears.

18 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

How about you let people play a sandbox how they like it?
And yes one of our ships got destroyed, but by a bug. It was a breeder galleon with 60 tames on it.
How do you know btw, are you omniscient?

I’m just here wondering why you’d have a base on the same grid as a lagging mega company. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Percieval said:

I’m just here wondering why you’d have a base on the same grid as a lagging mega company. 

Yep. Especially on pvp. Thank you for being the 🍆. I didn’t want to do it but since you have.... the question needs to be raised.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:30 AM, Percieval said:

Well, they are our allies. I have not experienced lag while playing on the server. I really don't see the problem. We got a mega to immediately back us up in the event of a battle in the area. So it serves as a safety net.