Sign in to follow this  
Accid3nt

Why did the Game cut my House...

Hello,

i have more then 600H Playtime and this is the first Time that the Game Troll´s me like that way...

Can somebody explain what happend...? and how can i stop this...?

I lost all the Stuff from the Tables, Mortars and so on... i was there at the Moment when this happen.

But no Pockets to collect the Items...

20191102004158_1.jpg.34cb6707dfb7645357f5e6b67682cfb4.jpg

It is an old bug. When building pillared structures you need to make sure the pillar has hit "bedrock" sometimes it will look like the last one you have place has snapped to the ground, but there is still an option to place one underneath it out of sight. Adding more pillars to that area to ensure you have coverage usually is a fix.

15 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

It is an old bug. When building pillared structures you need to make sure the pillar has hit "bedrock" sometimes it will look like the last one you have place has snapped to the ground, but there is still an option to place one underneath it out of sight. Adding more pillars to that area to ensure you have coverage usually is a fix.

Oh damn. That is good to know. Luckily I have not built in pillars but wow. 

I don’t blame that guy for being pissed though. I feel his pain.

this will be a good lesson learned that I was able to learn from someone else. That is always the best lesson learned.

Don't necessarily think it had to do with the foundation, think the bug also relates to the save portion, or rather, when you log out and come back in, it doesn't put everything back. Save file gets corrupted somehow. I've noticed at times when I logged back in I would have several pieces of armor missing off my ship, or pieces of armor would disappear off my crew, or I would lose items out of my personal inventory. I generally carry three waterskins with me at all times, but am constantly having to make extra ones to replace the ones that come up missing on each log in. I have begun the habit of putting all my personal inventory stuff into a chest before logging off, don't seem to lose items that way. Also had gold come up missing from the resource chest.

Also, each time I log in, I have to go each one of my crew and remove their armor and then reequip them because the armor starts to bleed, so to speak, you can see the NPC skin through the armor. When you have 80+ crew with armor, gets to be tedious, but its something I have to do, cause if I don't and wait too long, the armor starts disappearing all together and I have to expend more resources to replace it. But then, its not all bad, gives me a chance to level up the crew while I'm at it.