Realist

A$$hole crew

Man, these guys are just randomly shooting at 💩 in the water. I changed their behavior to attack your target instead of neutral but that didn’t work. I now have to take out all of the cannon balls out of our ammo box because these A$$holes just keeping shooting at the water.

getting ready to make them walk the planks if they keep wanting to pull this 💩. Not sure what is going on but I do know that I do not like my crew anymore. About to be some dead mother $&@“ers pretty soon.

I think the worst thing is when I sail and the npc automatically go full sail when i'm trying to damn well slow down!

Mine always shoot at tuna and turtles when at Freeport only

god knows why they need to plough a cannonball into a turtle 

43 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I think the worst thing is when I sail and the npc automatically go full sail when i'm trying to damn well slow down!

Oh I won’t let these assholes touch our sails. One of my buddies is the sail guy and the other is the captain. I am the navigator.

the best our crew can hope for is being a cannoneer or handy man. We are thinking about getting an entertainer soon which will be a very big promotion lol.

28 minutes ago, Atlaneer said:

Mine always shoot at tuna and turtles when at Freeport only

god knows why they need to plough a cannonball into a turtle 

Yeah they are going to be walking the plank pretty soon if they keep that crap up. 

with us they are doing it regardless of Freeport/lawless/owned islands.

bunch of jerks to be honest. I mean we are paying them after all. They have food and gold so they are just being dicks at this point. Haven’t pulled out the guillotine yet but I’ll let you know how that goes. They are about 20 cannonballs shy of getting a high and tight in a very medieval way lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Let barnacle bill tear their rumps asunder, keel haul the lotto em'

Believe me, I’ll be getting that booty if they don’t straighten up lol

On pc you can press C At the Steering Wheel And then they Dont fire Any tunas 🙂

There are settings on all NPC mountable weapons (cannons/swivels etc) to choose what the NPCs should be firing at.
Options include things like: Pathfinders and Mounted Tames only. etc.
Check the weapons setting.

The settings didnt fix it for those of us in our company that had the problem with npcs still firing. What did fix it was assigning all those cannons to a group, making sure the group was active with all the others on the hotbar, and then they listen to commands. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, zottel said:

On pc you can press C At the Steering Wheel And then they Dont fire Any tunas 🙂

29 minutes ago, Bluestone said:

There are settings on all NPC mountable weapons (cannons/swivels etc) to choose what the NPCs should be firing at.
Options include things like: Pathfinders and Mounted Tames only. etc.
Check the weapons setting.

Not pc, and I do not have those options

edit: I have the wheel. Set behavior and so forth. Nothing says tames or what not. 
I have neutral, aggressive, passive, attack your target and so forth.

Edited by Realist

Nuetral/aggresive/passive etc are settings on the NPC.
There is a seperate set of options on the weapon.
image.png

7 minutes ago, Bluestone said:

Nuetral/aggresive/passive etc are settings on the NPC.
There is a seperate set of options on the weapon.
image.png

Ah ok. From the cannon itself. What’s happens when I change it back so they fight the SoTD though? Are they going to start shooting tunas again?

this problem literally only started today. Before they were fine and only shot at the damned when we told them to.

really wandering what’s going on because even though your solution is a quick fix the damned are neither tamed creatures nor pathfinders.

edit: thanks for the quick fix though. That is appreciated 

Edited by Realist

10 hours ago, Realist said:

Man, these guys are just randomly shooting at 💩 in the water. I changed their behavior to attack your target instead of neutral but that didn’t work. I now have to take out all of the cannon balls out of our ammo box because these A$$holes just keeping shooting at the water.

getting ready to make them walk the planks if they keep wanting to pull this 💩. Not sure what is going on but I do know that I do not like my crew anymore. About to be some dead mother $&@“ers pretty soon.

that happens after you let go the wheel right? its been a long time but i remember you had to order them to "cease fire"...i think ....cant remember if it was the "C" or the "V" those 2 were activate or deactivate, so you have to remember to deactivate it every time you park and activate it every time you sail or they wont attack the SotDs, a work-around would probably be to open/close your gun ports, cant remember the hotkey for that since this game expect us to know hotkeys they have never even mentioned anywhere.

I have read someone saying it was related to the cannons set up, it isnt (wasnt?) you set up the cannons only for firing distance or/and objectives priority like mounts (in pvp)

Edited by The D Legacy

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

that happens after you let go the wheel right? its been a long time but i remember you had to order them to "cease fire"...i think ....cant remember if it was the "C" or the "V" those 2 were activate or deactivate, so you have to remember to deactivate it every time you park and activate it every time you sail or they wont attack the SotDs, a work-around would probably be to open/close your gun ports, cant remember the hotkey for that since this game expect us to know hotkeys they have never even mentioned anywhere.

I have read someone saying it was related to the cannons set up, it isnt (wasnt?) you set up the cannons only for firing distance or/and objectives priority like mounts (in pvp)

Yeah still trying to figure it out. The weird part is they have been on the cannons for over a week and just barely yesterday they started doing that. Came as a very unfortunate surprise lol

Regardless of what's available, it a TERRIBLE DESIGN!! 

As the captain you should be able to tell the crew EXACTLY what to shoot at and WHAT NOT to shoot at. The radial options on the weapons are poor at best. 

You should look at the steering wheel and hit E for captain options where you can choose EXACTLY what you want.

Its stupid that as the captain, I can't say to my crew, "ONLY shoot at SotD and whales! Those are my orders!" PIus i shouldn't have to tell the CANNON what to shoot at. You tell the crew! The orders should be a blanket statement for the boat. 

Yes you can hit C while steering to make them all passive and not shoot at anything. V makes everyone start shooting again. R closes gunports. 

• Thanks 2

Was discussing this with my friend about how we think it should be..... 

Captaineering tree should have a skill available it the top row (1 pt) for something called CREW ORDERS. Once taken that person can create a piece of paper/parchment scroll that allows the captain to choose specific orders for the crew. What to attack, when to attack, when to sweep and fix, when to defend against invaders ect

Once the CREW ORDERS are done the Captain needs to hang it on the boat... On a mast, on a door, a wall... Ect. The orders hang there by a dagger (that would look cool).

Once hung up, the crew follows those orders. If they need modifying, you remove the paper off the mast or wall and either edit it, or use the current method. 

Edited by Hattrix
  • Like 1

NPC on ships, I typically keep them ALL on passive and Set the cannons/swivels and all to the type of target I want. After you get on the helm you if you look down,  There will be several groups that can be toggled to attack/stand down, if any of them are not showing the hand icon, they are still toggled to attack.  How it works on console, I have no idea 😛

pc, if you put cannons on the back of your ship, it activates a new -group icon (back) group- or what not..  Accidental fire happens often if a player pulls into port and one of the groups is still active to fire on its set targets 😛 

If your Npc are not on passive they can hop off the cannons and go attack something (not always a good thing) NPC right now seem to serve to fire your stuff for you, not so great at hand to hand combat)

You can set your swivel ship protection guys to attack at short/med range for use  in Pvp for instance to shoot at people trying to get on your ship and have all the cannon guys on stand down (so you don't waste all the cannon balls on trash)

While on helm, I don't rely on cannon npc auto shooting, I direct  them to the target with my helm controls.

Gets some getting use to and practice but, once you learn it, it goes pretty quickly.

Edited by Liatni

1 hour ago, Liatni said:

NPC on ships, I typically keep them ALL on passive and Set the cannons/swivels and all to the type of target I want. After you get on the helm you if you look down,  There will be several groups that can be toggled to attack/stand down, if any of them are not showing the hand icon, they are still toggled to attack.  How it works on console, I have no idea 😛

pc, if you put cannons on the back of your ship, it activates a new -group icon (back) group- or what not..  Accidental fire happens often if a player pulls into port and one of the groups is still active to fire on its set targets 😛 

If your Npc are not on passive they can hop off the cannons and go attack something (not always a good thing) NPC right now seem to serve to fire your stuff for you, not so great at hand to hand combat)

You can set your swivel ship protection guys to attack at short/med range for use  in Pvp for instance to shoot at people trying to get on your ship and have all the cannon guys on stand down (so you don't waste all the cannon balls on trash)

While on helm, I don't rely on cannon npc auto shooting, I direct  them to the target with my helm controls.

Gets some getting use to and practice but, once you learn it, it goes pretty quickly.

Yeah I think console is limited to certain. Things. From what I have seen I am not seeing every possibility that pc has. It’s all good though. If they keep acting up they just won’t make it to the fountain of youth if you know what I mean lol.

Once they get the ship npc's working properly I'd love to see a fleet commander skill, so you could solo ships full of npc's and command them from the lead ship.

• Like 1

Try LB+Down on the Dpad on xbox (must be on steering Wheel). That should make them not do anything anymore lol

Never had that problem, my crew only fires when I tell them to. But if they would start such stuff...…...well…...we have a Guillotine for a reason lol

Edited by Zayne

30 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

console-players ^_^
the devs are such jokers to crossplatform.
poor ppl on their sofas

Consoles are so 2nd rate vs PCs

I don't feel bad for console players though, they COULD have saved up for a nice gaming PC but they took the cheap route. 

I've got both versions pc and xbox, and I play the xbox version cos it's more relaxing with a controller.Also kinder on my hands cos of arthritis. Not that it's any of your business why People choose to play console. I just thought i'd let you know you are wrong. Also xbox players paid twice the amount for atlas as we did on pc. I don't know why some people think the forum is now a football match of pc versus xbox, we all play the same game regardless of the platform it's on.