Sign in to follow this  
Jago

Cannons suddenly damage my ships structures

Hi, yesterday i have been farming ships of the damned pretty much all day. No problems at all. Today i log in to farm some more, and now suddenly the cannons are damaging the structures on it. I have 9 cannons on the back in rows of 4 and 5 above one another. If i shoot them they damage the ceilings and walls surounding them. This was not the case yesterday

Anyone else have this issue?

I have a similar setup and this happens any time I fire them from too far away or at too much of an angle. Even if it looks like cannons shouldn't hit my nearby structures, they still do. You might have just been in a good enough range that you werent hitting those spots sooner.

Ever since the game dropped on xbox, my ship structures have taken damage from sotd cannon balls.  Walls, railings, ceilings, smithy, mortorpestle, table.. you name it.. They don't take massive damage.. the damage is spread around the area of impact like a shotgun blast.. so nothing is taking full concentrated fire but planks, but all the other structures are taking damage.  

I don't see why they would be indestructible..

25 minutes ago, XxMayhemxX said:

Ever since the game dropped on xbox, my ship structures have taken damage from sotd cannon balls.  Walls, railings, ceilings, smithy, mortorpestle, table.. you name it.. They don't take massive damage.. the damage is spread around the area of impact like a shotgun blast.. so nothing is taking full concentrated fire but planks, but all the other structures are taking damage.  

I don't see why they would be indestructible..

He’s saying his own structures get damaged by his own cannons.

OT: No never happened to me as far as I know. 

14 minutes ago, Percieval said:

He’s saying his own structures get damaged by his own cannons.

OT: No never happened to me as far as I know. 

ooh i c now, yeah i misread that.

Can confirm it happens. If you have a ceiling time right above a cannon and it aims up, it'll hit it. Same thing if you don't put the cannons over the back edge of your ship it'll hit the planks if it aims low.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:05 AM, Jago said:

Hi, yesterday i have been farming ships of the damned pretty much all day. No problems at all. Today i log in to farm some more, and now suddenly the cannons are damaging the structures on it. I have 9 cannons on the back in rows of 4 and 5 above one another. If i shoot them they damage the ceilings and walls surounding them. This was not the case yesterday

Anyone else have this issue?

thats one more bug to the 10 months old list, it happens when NPC angle the cannon upwards to shoot far away targets i recall it being only a visual and sound bug since the planks actually dont take damage but not sure if that is still the case.