ErikW

An Update Regarding Recent Claim Flag Height Changes

By pillar bases I think you mean mountain pillars because claim flags must be placed on top of ground whether beach side, inner island or on top of mnts. That being said every land spot in the ATLAS is reachable by either by walking, or climbing. I see ZERO wrong with mnt pillar bases. People can spec stamina and climb and use grappling hooks. Such bases are a wise strategy to keeping an orgs stuff out of reach of players that don't want to put in the effort. If the devs are going to dictate how a player can play then why do any of us play atlas? If every valid strategy, NOT exploiting like floating puckle gun placements and floating crew, then why come up with winning strategies? I find it very disturbing a dev would say you cant put that base on a mnt top because its work for another player. PvP is work! Period! 

Side note is smaller orgs need strategies to keep their work and stuff safe and inland/mnt bases are a game changing helper. Otherwise the atlas is nothing but a handful of megas where org population is all that counts. In which case everyone not part of a mega should just up and leave or find a entry stepping stool position with a mega. Keep in mind we aren't talking about a few man hours here people are trying to keep safe. We are talking about hundreds to thousands of hours. Small orgs have a right to defend their hard work just as megas do. Its just often 10X - 100X easier for megas because of manpower alone.   

Imo, devs should be removing, banning, fixing exploits/bugs (like the one mentioned above) not implementing code that limits totally sensible strategies. So I am all for removing limiting mnt bases all together and I know everyone I run with in Atlas is in agreeance with this because this conversation come up before the xbox x-play wipe/restart. 

Best of luck, really enjoying most of your work. Cheers!    

• Thanks 1

So you're going to let us replace the flag again, for all of us that promptly complied with the "move flag asap" request?

Edited by SeroJ
caps lock
  • Haha 1

At the moment the game is a joke the quality of life near 0 thats the reason why the game dying

Last day me and my pals w8 for the company last members and no one around 30 min and the enemy can destroy our port entrence 2 Large stone gate destroy all of our mortar (20) half of them defended by puckle killed the npc destroyed the puckle shink anchored 2 briggs 4 schooner and even have time to destroy our Fine large ship yard with almost complited galleon XD btw the mortars not on shore they are on mountin but grande can 2 shot them XD and they are not the big clans casual players common armor with weapon you can't go take shit becuse the game expect you to play 10 hour straight when combat time on Btw the skill that help you still enemy ship so we won a battle agints a attacker team almost our shore we killed the nps and destroyed the beds so we think we should capture it so place the flag 38 hour WTF XD no talk about the piracy trait that "help you" to capture ship faster 

I think it is be that we can't contest a island because of structures being built around the flag keeping it to only one company and why have blueprints when you still need the skill it would save the players a lot of time just being able to make the items just using the blueprints.

We also need more servers to reduce the lag and to give people chances to build on islands cause it is hard to build a company area if ass holes take over a island with structures place everywhere. 

Cut back on the cyclone spawn how is anyone supposed to be on the sea when you really can't leave the islands due to the reason