Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Funny story

So my buddy needed some bamboo so he sailed to an island to get some. The owners started dragging dead animals by his base and set up a cannon by his little shack and started shooting at it. They were laughing in chat and saying that was how they say hi to newbies. 
my buddy then said if you give me bamboo I will just leave. They gave him 4000 bamboo so he picked up and left lol. 

all he needed was the bamboo so I thought that was pretty funny and cool at the same time 😂

• Confused 1

Part of the charm of this game.  Goofy shit happens all the time when interacting with others.  The important part.  Human interaction. 

12 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Part of the charm of this game.  Goofy shit happens all the time when interacting with others.  The important part.  Human interaction. 

Yeah I got a pretty good laugh out of that. With stuff like that it isn’t even about having thick skin or anything. It is just enjoying the ride.

hell actually anytime I go on a island with the owner on it I ask if they know where discoveries are. If they say they don’t know then I tell them I will let them know when I find it. Already helped a few land owners know where their DP’s are.

so far this is an awesome game. I am loving so damn much. All I do is sail and find DP’s. Who knows maybe it is hanging with my buddies or the beer I am drinking but the sailing is definitely not boring 😂

• Thanks 1

That is what makes games like this great.  We build the story.  The players.  Sure there is a back drop.  A history and maybe some ongoing story to it designed by the devs, but the main story is the one we write. 

These guys need to take a lesson from Eve in that regard. 

PvP servers are littered with amazing building projects, logistics, death, destruction, victory and defeat.  Alliances form, they crumble, they reorganize and rebuild former glory.  Many of these things happen in smaller sections of the overall world of Atlas and all of them build a picture.  Want to pull more people in this is the story that needs to be told. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

That is what makes games like this great.  We build the story.  The players.  Sure there is a back drop.  A history and maybe some ongoing story to it designed by the devs, but the main story is the one we write. 

These guys need to take a lesson from Eve in that regard. 

PvP servers are littered with amazing building projects, logistics, death, destruction, victory and defeat.  Alliances form, they crumble, they reorganize and rebuild former glory.  Many of these things happen in smaller sections of the overall world of Atlas and all of them build a picture.  Want to pull more people in this is the story that needs to be told. 

Very true and well said. Having said that I just can’t do the pvp aspect anymore. With the offline raiding and more importantly, the insiding that goes on it just leaves a bitter taste. After 3 years of ark pvp I can finally yang my hat onto atlas pve.

i love pvp which is also why I was big into sea of thieves for a while. I love sailing so it is no surprise I love atlas. The best aspect of sea of thieves was that you always had a ship to go back to so it really incentivized pvp which was some awesome fun with all of the crazy ideas you could do for pvp.

sea of thieves lacked a lot of content though unfortunately. Atlas has a ton of content but is very lacking in PvP when a good 9 out of 10 fights are done while others are offline. Just really disappointing.

kind of sucks when you want some action and the Megas know very well they could easily squash you but they STILL wait till you are offline. It’s like come on man, you had the win already but you couldn’t even let us put up a fight? 

these types of games are very rush once storied and memories but their biggest strength is also their biggest downfall when it comes to pvp

The beautiful part of being in a midsize or large company in a like minded alliance is PvP happens when you are online almost every single night.  Offline raiding does not exist to us since we have the entire counter covered.  Sure we have remote farm bases broken into with nobody around, but we build and use them in a way that it does not really matter.  I can rebuild it in minutes and if needed we can grab new tames.  The mats we get from these posts far outweighs any loss we feel when its broken into. 

8 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

The beautiful part of being in a midsize or large company in a like minded alliance is PvP happens when you are online almost every single night.  Offline raiding does not exist to us since we have the entire counter covered.  Sure we have remote farm bases broken into with nobody around, but we build and use them in a way that it does not really matter.  I can rebuild it in minutes and if needed we can grab new tames.  The mats we get from these posts far outweighs any loss we feel when its broken into. 

Yeah I get you. They did say the were looking into factions and if they ever actually do that in phase 4 I will actually consider going to pvp down the road. Been in Megas before and that is what actually makes the game boring for me.

having nothing but huge factions would take away from the whole offline thing.

23 hours ago, Realist said:

So my buddy needed some bamboo so he sailed to an island to get some. The owners started dragging dead animals by his base and set up a cannon by his little shack and started shooting at it. They were laughing in chat and saying that was how they say hi to newbies. 
my buddy then said if you give me bamboo I will just leave. They gave him 4000 bamboo so he picked up and left lol. 

all he needed was the bamboo so I thought that was pretty funny and cool at the same time 😂

It's griefing and unnecessary and not even funny. They gave him bamboo, but it was probably the taxed stuff from his gathering. 

This is why I won't play on the official servers anymore

1 hour ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

It's griefing and unnecessary and not even funny. They gave him bamboo, but it was probably the taxed stuff from his gathering. 

This is why I won't play on the official servers anymore

It wasn’t that big of a deal though and he walked away with more than he had.

grieving is stuff that is a lot more serious. If anything they were just trolling him but I wouldn’t call that grieving Because there wasn’t any negative impact in this situation 

Aslong as the "griefed" Person finds it funny i wont call it griefing anyway. But i love random encounters. So many different Stories to tell, so many Friends You can find And many awesome buildings. For me that is the content i like And Nothing added to the Game can replace those. 

22 minutes ago, zottel said:

Aslong as the "griefed" Person finds it funny i wont call it griefing anyway. But i love random encounters. So many different Stories to tell, so many Friends You can find And many awesome buildings. For me that is the content i like And Nothing added to the Game can replace those. 

Yeah very true. As long as they aren’t building walls around my base it’s all good. Once that happens then the fun stops 😂

If you don't end up with amazingly funny or totally absurd moments of wtf in Atlas, you are doing it wrong 😛  From things you and your mates come up with or through interaction with random others who are themselves, coming up with them in this huge sandbox playground.  Even players who had it real rough at  the beginning of the year and may not be playing now, take some stories along with them that can have you floored in laughter for many reasons. Glad you are enjoying yourself 🙂 

51 minutes ago, Liatni said:

If you don't end up with amazingly funny or totally absurd moments of wtf in Atlas, you are doing it wrong 😛  From things you and your mates come up with or through interaction with random others who are themselves, coming up with them in this huge sandbox playground.  Even players who had it real rough at  the beginning of the year and may not be playing now, take some stories along with them that can have you floored in laughter for many reasons. Glad you are enjoying yourself 🙂 

Just went to my first powerstone island and ran butt naked through it. The minute I saw 100 plus tames I was like “nope, I am not bringing anything with me” 😂 got far enough to get a discovery point and get my ass roasted by a drake lmao

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2019 at 6:11 PM, DocHolliday said:

The important part.  Human interaction. 

Ewwww 🤢

13 hours ago, Realist said:

Just went to my first powerstone island and ran butt naked through it. The minute I saw 100 plus tames I was like “nope, I am not bringing anything with me” 😂 got far enough to get a discovery point and get my ass roasted by a drake lmao

dude you are the type of chilled guy that is fun to play with even if it was in this awfull game, keep it up!!

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

Ewwww 🤢

dude you are the type of chilled guy that is fun to play with even if it was in this awfull game, keep it up!!

Yeah my buddies kept laughing because I kept cussing out those npc’s for wasting our cannonballs 😂

during my days of sea of thieves it was a pretty fun ride too lol I try to make every experience worthwhile