Sign in to follow this  
TerrorTrooper

Advice on claim flags.

I’m not new to atlas, but am new to PvP, so looking for some advice from you seasoned vets.

Having recently fought for, and taken an island. (Purely by chance, we got suckered Into someone else’s fight and won) I want to understand how the claim flag mechanics work defensively.

firstly, I’ve seen people fortify their flags, at first I assumed this was an effort to prevent people contesting and taking their claim, but the radius is massive making it difficult to do that, so why fortify a flag, can other people steal from it? Etc.

secondly, peace time. I understand that protects your buildings and Anchored ships within the islands discover boundaries from damage but you can still kill and be killed, does peace time also protect the ships/buildings of settlers, allies,  random people who land? For example, if someone else anchored there, are they safe?

finally, any tips on protecting our new island? Although we’ve become quite adept at learning defence through the constant assault on lawless, claim mechanics may be different As most info online is outdated. Any help would be appreciated.

People can see what's inside your flag, but they can't take anything. It may make sense to have safe places to hide and contest enemy flags within your flag radius, so i guess that's why people try to fortify their flags.

Peacetime protects everyone and everything in the island. The owner of the island is the only one who can damage and kill during peacetime.

Spend gold on puckles, learn how to set them up and make them effective, and don't be cheap with their quality.

• Like 1

Island owners can damage people/ships and structures 24 hours a day, anyone else on the island can only deal damage during combat phase ( 9 hours ).

For defense puckle towers everywhere, and mortars covering as much of the island and it's approaches as possible.

Mortars deal massive damage with large AoE so ideal for pushing ships off or smacking cannon bears.

Build your main base high up, and out of cannon range of boats if possible.

• Thanks 1