Sign in to follow this  
Timid soul

Honest feedback on solo pve

I'm looking into buying this for xbox and i know they added single player but i don't wanna play alone. I like to encounter ppl randomly but at the same time i dont have friends to play with and imma be shy to group up. Eventually i will end up having to play with ppl which is fine but how is this game solo? What are my limits? I know ppl will say it's better with friends/ ppl but will i still enjoy the game solo and not be restricted to content. I played ark so i am familiar how somethings work, this game looks very promising..

Do you want solo play where you are the only player there? Or solo play on the main servers? either way you can access the entire game. There are some things that are a little harder to achieve playing solo but if you are on the main servers there are usually some folk around that  might be willing to help out.

Except for the Boss Fights You can Pretty much solo everything in the Game. For the bossfights there are many companys that take People Along. Also it Takes a bit longer Till You can craft everything on your own thats Needed as You Need More Level while groups can talk who does what

I play completely solo. Currently travelling the map in a Brig, have a couple of bases. Have only just got into taming as Zottel said, it takes longer so I focused on building, Ship Construction first. 

Got a NPC crew to make sailing fun though I solo'ed a three sail set brig with no issues, just had to be more careful at sea.  The diving attachment makes getting coin easier, havent done the treasure maps yet. However, I find I get plenty of coin from diving for sunken treasure.

I have always preferred playing games solo, Atlas seems easier than say Ark or Conan. 

I really enjoy my solo play 🙂

I have my isle, ships and tames.

I also have good alliance so all is great.

5 hours ago, Timid soul said:

I'm looking into buying this for xbox and i know they added single player but i don't wanna play alone. I like to encounter ppl randomly but at the same time i dont have friends to play with and imma be shy to group up. Eventually i will end up having to play with ppl which is fine but how is this game solo? What are my limits? I know ppl will say it's better with friends/ ppl but will i still enjoy the game solo and not be restricted to content. I played ark so i am familiar how somethings work, this game looks very promising..

I would definitely recommend the game. Especially since you said pve.  If you were going to try solo pvp I would have said don’t bother lol.

yeah everything is possible solo but I would recommend at least temporarily teaming up with people to do end game stuff of course like the kraken or powerstone islands.

this game will be very fun for you. To be honest if you have enough gold for npc’s you could technically sail a galleon but if i were you I wouldn’t bother with that until your solo status comes to an end lol.

if you are going to do maps solo then definitely get a bear because maps can be a pain solo.

unless you will be the type to be on a lot I would go to a lawless region. If you are on a lot you might want to try being a tenant on someone’s island if you find a good landlord. There are plenty of landlords so don’t put up with a bad one. The good ones deserve the taxes more lol

Edited by Realist

I play single player.  Its mostly all i play on Ark too except i occasionly join an unofficial pc server when i want a ppl fix, and even then i dont see too many..   No lag... no issues with ppl and buildings and/or blocking..  i can fix most bugs with a quick admin command on singleplayer too.  I change some settings to make solo more fun, like raise gather rates just a bit.  As far as Atlas goes, get a bear, get a couple treasure maps, then use the coin to buy a crew.  For late game, breed bears, and gets lots of mythic for legendary or mythical planks.