Sign in to follow this  
The Avatar DC

Anchored underweight schooner sunk

This is the info from my original ticket. I was asked to post here instead.

The ship was at half weight, I had just used it about 2 hours prior, I had only 3 crew on board repairing. i was logged in and saw it sink. I inspected the hull after and had no missing planks. I think after sinking 1 plank out of 28 was at 1300 hp

My wreck was initially fully intact but i saw the owner of the settlement try to plunder it. I though only you could plunder your ships but maybe that changed as just recently started playing again after the first major wipe.

On an unrelated note  I lost another schooner the day prior to a cyclone. I had  4-5 points in both sinking and resistance and the ship damage  was so bad and instant i could not respond. I have never seen that much damage from a storm and I have played over 1300 hours.

By The Avatar DC

• Sunday at 10:33 PM
  •  Platform: PC Your Pathfinder First Name: Cindylynn Your Pathfinder Family Name: mcgee Your Company Name: mcgees Network: NA PvE Colonies Ticket Type: Other Server Grid: N8 The date this issue occurred: 10/27/2018 ATLAS Coordinates: 77.72 4.69

My anchored schooner sank for no reason while anchored.  It appears to have no damage when checking the hull.

sometimes the company log is specific, ie claiming your tames etc. I wish it would give us all the information.

We got hit by this a couple days ago as well. Fully anchored Brig and three people tried to port to it and it just sunk with no warning or anything.

Havent seen the weight issue yet, but I've seen issues with crew. Had a full crew on a schooner and a wild penguin landed and it started sinking. Wild creatures should NOT count as crew. Unfortunately I don't know how to counter the weight thing, other than removing the option to be able to board anyone ships. I believe that was a thing at one time.

• Like 1

Geminia - if your crew capacity is, say, 16 (yourself, 3 on sails and 12 on cannons) put 1 or 2 points into your ships Crew stat to increase your crew capacity to 17/18, ie 1 or 2 points higher than you need. That way, if a random bird lands on your ship, it won't sink.