Sign in to follow this  
RichardG

Single Player - Discoveries not working.

Currently sailing round N9 looking for all 17 discoveries, the only ones that seem to be working are landing on an island for the first time. I pretty sure I have been to the correct location for the other discoveries but they do not activate. (For example the Window Seat on Racastle Island at 77.17, -14.10)

Are they broken or is there a special way to activate them now, pretty sue when I used to play before the wipe you just walked up to them.

Noticed that as well. I recalled one play thru, my first real episode on SP that I got into after the last big wipe and everything shut down on MP for a week. Kinda enjoy the SP portion now and haven't been back to Multiplayer. But I had taken over one of my first islands and decided to build a small base around an NPC ready made dock that was located there. Spent a considerable time there, build a Brig and a Galleon, and gathered all the resources in and around the base to build and equip them. After they were completed, decided to move the base to a newer set of islands in a different grid. So put as much stuff as I could carry on one ship and moved it. Then fast traveled back to get the other ship, and then boom, I got a discovery notification about a "Hidden Dock" on the dock I had been using the whole time. So I'm guessing you have to do the fast travel thing to activate those other discoveries. I haven't begun to really test that theory out, cause so far its only happened the one time. But my plan for this new game I started is to build a small base on each and every island I take over, and to stock each base with the necessary equipment for when I fast travel to it, then run around the island to see if I can pick up anymore discovery points. I've noticed on this new SP I started that there no longer is a level cap on the Freeport islands, guess that was the fix they implemented after Xbox players were unable to gain any XP at all or something.

Ever since Single player came out, discoveries have not worked. Discoveries for the island worked, but not the one on the island. I have done fast travels and they still don't work.

YMMV of course