ThefearedECHO

Xbox one unofficial dedicated server

How do I set up my own unofficial dedicated server? 

When ark came out I had a second xbox one and hosted my own server for the public to join for free 

Can this be done with atlas too?  Free?  Second xbox one?  

19 hours ago, ThefearedECHO said:

How do I set up my own unofficial dedicated server? 

When ark came out I had a second xbox one and hosted my own server for the public to join for free 

Can this be done with atlas too?  Free?  Second xbox one?  

Yeah exactly same question I have... Back when ark came out I went out and bought one extra Xbox just to run that game as dedicated server alone.

Really disappointing to see Atlas is not doing the same. Public or official servers are a nightmare. Either crowded, rubber banding, toxic players, annoying world wipes and resets.

Xbox dedicated server was super awesome for Ark. because the game would run super nice. Something me and my select friends really enjoyed.

Sad to see Atlas didn’t follow that road, when the game is so similar in software.

The official atlas grid is 225 (15x15) linked servers. You would need up to 225 Xboxs to host it dedicated.

The only possibility I can see that exists for hosting a dedicated server on xbox would be a single grid map such as Blackwood.

I have not heard whether they intend to implement this as it would have quite a limited scope compared to the clustered atlas maps.

The only way to host for so Xbox users can connect is Nitrado hosting service.  You have to use Nitrado App on the Xbox to purchase a server from them that Xbox users can connect.  They do not sell Xbox capable server from any other way that I have seen. I have a 3x3 grid now.