Sign in to follow this  
Atlaneer

Crew keeps using ship rss for nothing

Every day I come on the ships crews have all been using the resources from the ship box to fix nothing why is this a thing?

i havnt played in a while but, ships used to decay over time while anchored. lets say for ex. every component of a ship would take 100 damage over a 24h period while anchored. your crew would maintain and repair the ship while you were offline. consuming resources.

cheers

38 minutes ago, MOTIK said:

i havnt played in a while but, ships used to decay over time while anchored. lets say for ex. every component of a ship would take 100 damage over a 24h period while anchored. your crew would maintain and repair the ship while you were offline. consuming resources.

cheers

I know all this I mean while anchored and in peace time they none stop keep trying to repair when nothing needs repairing and just uses up all my wood 

Even in PVE the ships are constantly maintained by the crew “sweeping”. Natural ship deterioration makes this necessary. I tell my crew all the time that if you’re not sweeping, your swimming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

atl, if it is an extreme amount i would check again to make sure you are not "parked" on a rock. i have also returned to a tamed bull chasing a vulture that was destroying a friends galleon so weird stuff like that can happen.

*edit the friendly tame was wrecking planks while chasing the wild vulture

Edited by MOTIK
  • Like 1

Crews consume whatever the baseline % of resources for a particular plank is. It doesnt scale the resources for the damage, Each repair consumes a certain amount of mats regardless of the damage to the plank(s).

So for example, lets say each repair uses 1/10 or 1/100 of the resources cost of the plank, it's going to consume whatever that amount is regardless of whether its missing a proportional amount of HP or not.

So lets just say it takes 1/10, you have a plank that has 5000hp, 1 repair does 500hp worth and costs 10 wood 10 thatch 10 fiber 1 metal. If it's missing just 25hp, it's gonna consume 10 wood, 10 thatch, 10 fiber, 1 metal every time they repair that plank from decay.

NPC Crew waste resources on ships like no other. 

Put the crew on the sails and wheel or take them off the boat if you are going to be parked for a while. I just fire them all and rehire the next time I go out to save the gold.  But that's only an option if you don't need high level crew.

21 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

Even in PVE the ships are constantly maintained by the crew “sweeping”. Natural ship deterioration makes this necessary. I tell my crew all the time that if you’re not sweeping, your swimming.

I've actually had the opposite experience on PVE. The sweeping animation is constant, but when fully green anchored, my ships take 0 damage and no resources are spent fixing anything. I have one ship that I've let sit with no crew on it for a week, and all its planks are still at full HP. 

• Like 1

They don't deteriorate while anchored so why would they still be using resources when there is nothing to fix this is def a bug and needs fixing like billions of other things on this game

20 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

Put the crew on the sails and wheel or take them off the boat if you are going to be parked for a while. I just fire them all and rehire the next time I go out to save the gold.  But that's only an option if you don't need high level crew.

this.   Just put all your crew on a station.. sails.. cannons, wheel..   then they wont "fix"(sweep animation)   You shouldnt ever need anymore crew then that.  1 crew per sail, 1 per cannon, and 1 for wheel...   then when you wanna fix in port, just use the   wheel guy.. he's parttime anyways lol

• Like 1