Sign in to follow this  
StefanKyle84

This game is no fun at all !

WARNING : Before getting triggered like stupid kids which don't read and understand the statements and prefer to start the war of stupidity, try to analyze my statement then let's discuss !

It's all about PVE servers feeling on what i will tell you below !!! 

Why I say it's no fun at all !? 

1) The Ships of the Damned on sea : they DO NOT respect the wind given by the sector/region (cluster server) while the players have to get that bloody wind which many times has lowest intensity and other times goes round and round while you are chased by the damned ships which has cannons placed 360 (Yeah ! You haven't implemented the same to the players ships, UNFORTUNATELY !) and can move anytime to you without being conditioned by the sector wind !!! It's like being chased by the Alien ship while you don't have fuel for your engine.

2) Power Stone Island - I guess developers have thrown all the in-game creatures  here and without conditions. I really don't see a challenge here ! It's more like a frustrating try to get (Boss/the Stone) in a stupid and filthy way due to many aspects. Yeah ! spawn every second many mega powerful and tall creatures into a small room and let the players get the stone from the middle room ! Very "challenging" ! 

3) The power Stone > you get it from the Boss, then travel to the place where you activate it (the cave full of creature that most of the time have infinite respawn time and most of the time it's very impossible to activate your stone) ! Secondly, some players that don't have the stone wait you in cave to die and steal your stone which you got it, sometimes, very hard to get it ! The PVE rules are very misunderstood by many players that came here not to have fun but destroy the feeling that remained after you got frustrated by getting things in this game and are not delivered be the Devs as they, maybe, wanted to !!! 

4) How about making pace white flags for players ships that do not want to fight all day with the region galleons and brigantines that spawn into your face instantly when bypassing regions and sometimes you don't have a fair fight against them due to the wind and many other things !? 

Where's the story ??? You start with nothing (no intro, no nothing) -> advance through levels and kill some pirates and creatures that most of the time have no rules then what !? 
Please, put some stories, some loot boxes with stories into them like in ARK OR the temples as they get discovered !  

- Make the artifacts that trigger the power stones to be bounded on the player's ID name !  (if the server drops or you lose connection while in a fight, you lose EVERYTHING and players will drop this game for something more fun and relaxing than THIS ! ) 

- Implement some new thing in your game like mines with resources, carts, land pirates AI that wait you by the entrance/exit to steal the gold/resources from you, make more interesting assets for farmers (crops/resources) like new rusty land/sea oil rigs, maybe i want a land train on our islands !?

Make your game to shine, not be a same shit but different but still the same as ARK !  PVE life should be fun, exploring while the PVP is for those who like to fight while the masters are not home and fill their ego with another victorious BS !

• Haha 1

1 to 4 is pretty much the same. As for 1, it has always been like this. For me, I play this game since launch and I have never had any problems with ships spawning right in front of me and if they did, I was gone before they knew it. So maybe it’s a matter of experience.

As for 2, I like the power stone islands because right now, they’re the only challenge in this game. The only thing where you need to be on the lookout. So I like them, but that differs per person I guess.

As for 3, that’s just part of the game and kinda... logic. I mean, if you fail to do it someone else can get your stuff. If PVE makes it so that nobody can steal your stuff after you die then you can just go and go and go. What’s the fun in that.

And 4, I seriously don’t get it. You’re playing a pirate game and as you might know, pirating is all about sailing and treasures and fighting enemy ships. Now if you don’t want to do that, or you want to live on a server that has 0 challenge and 0 chances of being attacked once in a while, I’d suggest you get yourself a private server and make yourself invincible. 

But it differs per person as to how their experiences are. For me, your post is nonsense and doesn’t make any sense, but for someone else that differs again. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StefanKyle84 said:

1) The Ships of the Damned on sea : they DO NOT respect the wind given by the sector/region (cluster server) while the players have to get that bloody wind which many times has lowest intensity and other times goes round and round while you are chased by the damned ships which has cannons placed 360 (Yeah ! You haven't implemented the same to the players ships, UNFORTUNATELY !) and can move anytime to you without being conditioned by the sector wind !!! It's like being chased by the Alien ship while you don't have fuel for your engine.

this has been the standard for the SotD. I don't care that they look like misshapen yatchs, but make them have to deal with the wind. You could build a ship to basically fire in 360 degrees, 

2) Power Stone Island - 

3) The power Stone >

I've not reached these islands yet, to busy exploring and stuff... so can't discuss them

4) How about making pace white flags for players ships that do not want to fight all day with the region galleons and brigantines that spawn into your face instantly when bypassing regions and sometimes you don't have a fair fight against them due to the wind and many other things !?

I've only had this happen once and it was on NA PvE. I suspect what happened was someone ran from the group and kited them to the edge and then I came along and happened to cross at the same spot. Thankfully for me, I had good wind and a Brig and just barreled through the ships.

Most of the time, they are further away and I can turn and run from them 

Where's the story ??? You start with nothing (no intro, no nothing) -> advance through levels and kill some pirates and creatures that most of the time have no rules then what !? 
Please, put some stories, some loot boxes with stories into them like in ARK OR the temples as they get discovered !  

I wouldn't mind some more story. there are a lot of abandoned building and temples, along with statues. perhaps some kind of story for them could be used to explain. A box at an abandoned town/building that has a journal explaining why it was abandoned. 

- Implement some new thing in your game like mines with resources, carts, land pirates AI that wait you by the entrance/exit to steal the gold/resources from you, make more interesting assets for farmers (crops/resources) like new rusty land/sea oil rigs, maybe i want a land train on our islands !?

they have carts, I just wish that you could detach them instead of having to dismantle and remove from the creature pulling. There's even a carriage "saddle", again I wish we could just park it outside instead of treating it as a saddle.
They have the WPE for "land pirates" which I like except for the bugged encampents doubling up on top of each other. I wouldn't mind some random wandering gangs of the pirates, which is what I thought we were getting with the WPE.

There are journals like in Ark that pop up at some of the discovery points, they are few and far between. With a couple hundred discoveries done so far I have just three journal entries.

So there is a story there, but it'll take a long time to find it all.

12 hours ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

those probably belong to the on island discoveries. which don't work on Single Player. 

That depends, if you are using the full map they will be there.

I've no idea about blackwood or custom maps, but would assume you wouldn't get them there.

Except for Players blocking the way,all Other points are just your lack of expirience ( no offense ) . As You Progress in the Game You learn how to avoid And kill sotds easily. The spawns on powerstone Islands ( except L3 ) have been reduced so drasticly that its more a walk in the Park.  Killing the hydra will take you 5 minutes later And you can make it Fun.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:41 AM, Jack Shandy said:

That depends, if you are using the full map they will be there.

I've no idea about blackwood or custom maps, but would assume you wouldn't get them there.

using the full map?  what do you mean?    Singleplayer is the full map.. all grids.  The discoveries don't work on the full map on single player other then the basic landfall island discoveries. 

After reading over this i just wanted to specify...  The "full map" as in the Ocean map.  Not Blackwood..  and i guess your talking about pc... i know on xbox the location discoveries don't work, but the island discoveries do.  

Edited by XxMayhemxX

On 10/29/2019 at 9:20 AM, StefanKyle84 said:

WARNING : Before getting triggered like stupid kids which don't read and understand the statements and prefer to start the war of stupidity, try to analyze my statement then let's discuss !

It's all about PVE servers feeling on what i will tell you below !!! 

Why I say it's no fun at all !? 

2) Power Stone Island - I guess developers have thrown all the in-game creatures  here and without conditions. I really don't see a challenge here ! It's more like a frustrating try to get (Boss/the Stone) in a stupid and filthy way due to many aspects. Yeah ! spawn every second many mega powerful and tall creatures into a small room and let the players get the stone from the middle room ! Very "challenging" ! 

3) The power Stone > you get it from the Boss, then travel to the place where you activate it (the cave full of creature that most of the time have infinite respawn time and most of the time it's very impossible to activate your stone) ! Secondly, some players that don't have the stone wait you in cave to die and steal your stone which you got it, sometimes, very hard to get it ! The PVE rules are very misunderstood by many players that came here not to have fun but destroy the feeling that remained after you got frustrated by getting things in this game and are not delivered be the Devs as they, maybe, wanted to !!! 

4) How about making pace white flags for players ships that do not want to fight all day with the region galleons and brigantines that spawn into your face instantly when bypassing regions and sometimes you don't have a fair fight against them due to the wind and many other things !?

- Make the artifacts that trigger the power stones to be bounded on the player's ID name !  (if the server drops or you lose connection while in a fight, you lose EVERYTHING and players will drop this game for something more fun and relaxing than THIS ! ) 

Make your game to shine, not be a same shit but different but still the same as ARK !  PVE life should be fun, exploring while the PVP is for those who like to fight while the masters are not home and fill their ego with another victorious BS !

1) corrent, i always said it was stupid to let SotDs ignore wind since that takes away all strategy value of wind in PvE

2) i always found this to be more of a sneaky + strategic run than a fight your way through kinda thing, you gotta know the terrain, the timing and the skills you need to use, once you use all of those in the right way is actually very easy.

3) this devs have no fucking idea how to run a pve server

4) the biggest reason i quit this game was lack of pve activities, once you have satisfied your couriosity about the game mechanics, and there is very little to win vs a lot to lose in every activity you could do (specially if the game acts up or crashes) even when you wanna take a break from the game thats a no go because the decay system will always be preassuring you to log in

they cannot make the game shine because (aside form their incompetence) they have been too busy cash grabbing the xbox players (i can even forsee a DLC 6 months after official release) and they are unable to understand what a pve player wants.

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Thanks 1