digitus78

Contesting?

How does contesting work?  We placed our flag down minutes before a rival company and claimed the island.  They are now contesting.  Do we have to sit by our flag like they do to keep the timer haulted?

• Like 1

If a rival company puts a flag down after you put your flag down to contest an island, can they attack you to try to kill you off to stop you from taking the flag or does it remain pve 

14 hours ago, Ladypeace said:

If a rival company puts a flag down after you put your flag down to contest an island, can they attack you to try to kill you off to stop you from taking the flag or does it remain pve 

It's PVE, can't kill eachother. If the island is yours already, it's yours until you don't pay the upkeep.

I read that they can come in and contest the island also within a certain radius of your flag and stop the timer. Can anyone tell me what that radius is or any idea of how big it goes out. 

53 minutes ago, Ladypeace said:

I read that they can come in and contest the island also within a certain radius of your flag and stop the timer. Can anyone tell me what that radius is or any idea of how big it goes out. 

Ah, ok. So, you haven't claimed it yet. Then yes. Any player not in your company can pause the timer when in it's radius. The radius is a big green circle that you should be able to see while placing the flag and then after it's placed, by pressing the H key. If you're xbox, I can't tell you how.

So even when you have a flag down and they contest it, they can also put a flag down?  And how does one win the contesting of the flag?

1 hour ago, Ladypeace said:

So even when you have a flag down and they contest it, they can also put a flag down?  And how does one win the contesting of the flag?

The action of them putting a flag down within the radius of your flag is what starts the contesting. The winner is the one who lasts the longest. If you go offline or go outside the radius of the flag then the timer starts to count down again. You win by just outlasting them online. There are other tricks, but I am not going to give those away.

I get that but to be able to put flags down all over the island is insane. I get the outlasting and timer that actually makes sense.

They can place a flag anywhere on the island. If it isn't in your radius (check by hitting H for pc users) then your timer will continue to count down, as will theirs. Which is kind of stupid for them. If you had yours placed a second before them you will always win. People standing in the radius of your flag does NOT stop the timer on PVE currently. A company can have a single flag placed on an island at a time. If they pull up the other one to move it, they lose the gold fee and have to pay it again to place another.