LunarDracos

Newbie Treasure Question

I have a question about treasure finding.. i have the treasure map equiped  and shovel in my 1 slot when walking towards the x on the map am i supposed to see something to indicate i am close to the treasure??   can i have more than one map in my equipment slots?? does the treasure map have to be active and in a equipment slot? 

thanks before hand 

Yes, pillar of light.

Can have up to 10 equipped.

You won't trigger the treasure defenders or be able to dig if you don't have it in an equipment slot - useful if you want to safely scout or prepare the area before triggering.

If you're maxed out, you should see it from pretty far away. Are you positive you're on the right island and in the right spot? I've done hundreds of maps and I've seen a pillar for all of them, but I've also been convinced I'm in the correct island before finally realizing I was looking at it incorrectly or happened to be in a zone with 3 identical island shapes.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, yes. Treasure maps are usually rotated to make it slightly more difficult to figure out where the treasure is. I generally look for distinctive shapes on the drawing (odd coastlines or maybe patterns of mountains, etc.) and try to find the island that way. Or if its in a zone where all the islands are actually identical, it become the tedious game of trial and error, visiting each island to find the right one.

• Thanks 1