SeaThiever

Who is (123) player, please answer.

im playing in xbox, i comecross alot of players that without xboxgametag, and without pathfinder name, its only health bar and under it 123. who are they ?? cheets ? hackes? im playing in xbox offical server, can pc players meet me in game?

If everybody with that answers, this will be a very long thread.

The short version is that Steam users can be tracked by their Steam name by online services. So that people can’t trace where they are, the standard is to make their name 123 so they can’t be differentiated.

This is typically done for PvP reasons.

I think it’s more of an anti-cheat than a cheat. It prevents players using resources outside of the game to find another player.

I don’t believe there are any XBOX only official servers,  it I also don’t think it’s something you really need to worry about.

I’d be quite surprised if Microsoft allowed external parties to monitor their players like that.

It should be viewed as cheating in a way. But it's not. Why they dont force your ingame name to be shown is beyond my ability to explain.

that 100% cheating, and we need XBOX only official server, please stop cross platform, pc cheaters having fun on xbox players, belive it or not, xbox players gonna quit the game after they playing it after a while. soting that by making XBOX only official server THAT will help xbox players ALOT

please ATLAS dont do what SOT have done with xbox players, you will lose alot of xbox players like RARE

ATLAS please be FAIR

How are PC players targeting XBOX players through this? I haven’t heard anything about these tracking services in a while now. Are they tracking XBOX players now as well?

1 hour ago, SeaThiever said:

that 100% cheating, and we need XBOX only official server, please stop cross platform, pc cheaters having fun on xbox players, belive it or not, xbox players gonna quit the game after they playing it after a while. soting that by making XBOX only official server THAT will help xbox players ALOT

Calling yourself 123 to avoid getting ddosed or anything is ‘cheating’ ? That’s what you’re saying?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Calling yourself 123 to avoid getting ddosed or anything is ‘cheating’ ? That’s what you’re saying?

what do you mean by "ddosed" do you mean denial of servce attacks ? DDOS Attacks?

If some users can be tracked by their Steam name by online services,  so other players can’t trace where they are.
that mean other players can trace players where they are. and from using "Online Services"thats mean that services not provided from ATLAS,
and that mean something not from the original game role, so anything not provided from ATLAS thats against the game role, so becouse of that I consider that should come under
Cheating or Hacking. so the only way to keep cheaters having fun with eachother, just need from ATLAS to make XBOX only official servers.

i download the game becouse i thought there will be xbox servers only, if i know there is no XBOX only official servers, I will never play the game. but i will wait until they released XBOX only official servers.

otherwise I gonna quit the game.

9 minutes ago, SeaThiever said:

what do you mean by "ddosed" do you mean denial of servce attacks ? DDOS Attacks?

If some users can be tracked by their Steam name by online services,  so other players can’t trace where they are.
that mean other players can trace players where they are. and from using "Online Services"thats mean that services not provided from ATLAS,
and that mean something not from the original game role, so anything not provided from ATLAS thats against the game role, so becouse of that I consider that should come under
Cheating or Hacking. so the only way to keep cheaters having fun with eachother, just need from ATLAS to make XBOX only official servers.

i download the game becouse i thought there will be xbox servers only, if i know there is no XBOX only official servers, I will never play the game. but i will wait until they released XBOX only official servers.

otherwise I gonna quit the game.

You’re saying people that use their own name are cheating? 

• Like 1

I don't see why this is a conspiracy against xbox players. This happens in loadsa mmo's I play and most aren't cross platform at all.

ok, I request one ( XBOX only official server) , for any xbox players they have same my thoughts, I dont think ATLAS gonna lose that much money on it. just one server for ONLY XBOX so no one will have an excuse here, and all others servers are crossplatform. we just need ONE SERVER XBOX ONLY, JUST ONE PLEASE

I'm a pc player and xbox too, and I like the cross platform. In most mmo's I play there is barely any chat or communication in the xbox versions. Pc players are far more communicative tbh.

1 hour ago, SeaThiever said:

ok, I request one ( XBOX only official server) , for any xbox players they have same my thoughts, I dont think ATLAS gonna lose that much money on it. just one server for ONLY XBOX so no one will have an excuse here, and all others servers are crossplatform. we just need ONE SERVER XBOX ONLY, JUST ONE PLEASE

Lol ain't gunna happen bro.

The 123 function was introduced by Steam as an anti-stalking and domestic violence feature. People were being tracked down and harassed by various exes and people with bad intentions. It of course was immediately abused as a workaround to hiding your identity in several online games. One step forward, two back sort of thing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SeaThiever said:

no one was talking about using them own names here? did you read it all or you just scan it, dude?

You’ve read your quote yourself? Not sure if anyone can beat you in ‘unclear’ posts. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SeaThiever said:

Ok, either you have missunderstood or... well lets charitably go with that eh.

Some people change there name/profile to 123 etc to prevent "other people" from using outside game services to track thier characters location. The one and only effect this has on you personally is if you yourself were planning on using these external services to track peoples game location (what many would consider cheating).  This is only for steam ID's.

I am not aware of any way of using an external website to track Xbox ID's personally

Edited by Not Happy
typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SeaThiever said:

No I don’t think so.. you’ve totally missed the point I think pal.

the 123 thing isn’t “cheaters” it’s people stopping other people tracking their in game movements using external resources not provided by the devs.

so the 123 thing is in essence an effort to prevent cheating.

ironically you, as an Xbox player can track me as I’m a steam player (essentially cheating) but I can’t track you as you’re an Xbox player.

so, in reality, this has zero effect on your game, and the 123 things isn’t cheating, so I dont think the Xbox players are going to leave in droves because of it.

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

You’ve read your quote yourself? Not sure if anyone can beat you in ‘unclear’ posts. 

tell me which line, and i will double clear it for you 'my friend'.

i will answer everything tomorow, sorry i should go to sleep, i was on the game for 16 hours and 30 minutes

Ok, I just reread your first post, and you say that all you see is 123 and a health bar. You should also be seeing their character name and company. Is that what the issue is? If so, I believe there are options you can turn on to show that information.

11 minutes ago, SeaThiever said:

tell me which line, and i will double clear it for you 'my friend'.

i will answer everything tomorow, sorry i should go to sleep, i was on the game for 16 hours and 30 minutes

No need, conclusion of this whole thread is that ‘123’ people are not cheating and that there really should be a xbox only server. That will get all the complainers away from these forums. 

• Like 1

The conclusion of this whole thread also seems to be that people who can't take playing on a PVP server shouldn't be on a PVP server. If you're just wanting to play without the risk of other players killing you (Which is what PVP is right???) Then go play on the PVE server.

Xbox people moaning about PC gamers are cheating. If it wasn't for PC gamers spending thousands of hours playing this game, putting up with all the bugs and glitches that were originally there. You wouldn't even have the game on the Xbox to play. The first day of release on PC, was an absolute nightmare. Yes there have been people cheating. But these loop holes in the game have thankfully been patched by the developers long before it was released to the Xbox. So how about thanking PC gamers rather than attempting to call them cheaters? 😉

Saying that, I've got Atlas on both PC and Xbox. I much prefer playing on my PC though.

9 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

The 123 function was introduced by Steam as an anti-stalking and domestic violence feature. People were being tracked down and harassed by various exes and people with bad intentions. It of course was immediately abused as a workaround to hiding your identity in several online games. One step forward, two back sort of thing.

LOLWUT

edit: bob?

Edited by eeeceee