Sign in to follow this  
Fernandcowboy

Pvp land base

So it's any way to prevent offline raiding? I a lot of combination to defend my ships and land. But I always get raid no matter how many gun man or stuff I place to defend. I try towers. Any suggestions

You cannot prevent it. It's a simple math problem. How many walls can you build around your egg? Keep in mind, I only need to blow through 1 single spot. Every layer adds a good increase in % more labour for you, but always is a diminishing % more for me.

You build 1 wall, I break through 1 wall with some effort.

You build a 2nd layer, more matts and time than the first layer, but my effort is doubled becuase I blow through 2 walls in one spot.

You build a 3rd layer, and your work is starting to multiply exponentially, however its only 50% more effort for me than your 2 walls were.

Your 4rth wall will be many times more work than the 3rd. While only increasing my effort by 33% over the 3rd wall.

See it drifting apart yet?

On your 100th layer, you have thousands of time more effort, to make me spend 1% more effort.

It's called a design flaw, OR its intentional. Your never safe.

• Thanks 1

More layers, more defenses, people to defend when you aren't on.  In other words merge with a company that can protect its assets.

21 hours ago, Fernandcowboy said:

So it's any way to prevent offline raiding? 

Check it for references 

At the moment, base raiding is very heavily biased towards the attacker if the defender is offline. I’ve found the best defence is misdirection.  Our main base is heavily fortified, but is technically our decoy base, anything valuable is stored in a very well hidden base elsewhere, so when we are raided, the only stuff we lose is basic resources and whatever happens to be in the benches at the time.

It's also a good idea if you're on the PVP server to join up and become a bigger company. The more people in a company the better. Also if you have other companies on your tile or even on your island, make alliances. They can help you when you're offline and you can help them when you're offline.

You really need to work out how to make your base stronger. More walls is a better defence. More doors, the more things they need to break through the more expensive and time consuming it becomes for them. 

On 10/28/2019 at 11:21 AM, DocHolliday said:

In other words merge with a company that can protect its assets.

3 hours ago, Greg of the Gregs said:

It's also a good idea if you're on the PVP server to join up and become a bigger company. 

Im sorry, I know that's the meta and it's intended to be so. However this is generally the beginning of the end for you or your crew.

Here's the thing. You join a big company, and they give everyone the same access and can all get on with no power trips and it CAN be a good thing. It's nice to see 100k metal already farmed for you. It's nice to have tames already bred and waiting for you.

That's not my experience. Let's say TPG (or any mega) wants you to merge with them. You have a 10-20 roster, everyones full access status. Fine let's merge.

Day 1, you realise you dont have full access. Everything you built is now theirs and restricted to you. 

Wanna build something, well, hope the new leaders agree or you dont get to. 

Wanna get into all the bases that are now yours? Nope, not gunna happen. There are secret ones your not allowed into. They get all of your shit, you get what they decide to give you for your shit. 

Ask for full access, nope, not gunna happen. Who knows why the power trip is there, but it is.

Maybe, just maybe they let you be a builder or some other underling "position". Until they decide not to and you log in and are peon #112 with no access.

By day 3 you realize your original crew is gone and not likely going to come back. You also dont feel like logging in anymore. Becuase it sucks dick being a peon when you signed up to be a pirate.

What's the break point? My guess is about 40-50 people. Goes to hell after that. When you see there are multiple companies that are the same, dont even bother.

3 times I have tried this. Through various ways, and I really didnt want to the last time cuase I knew the outcome. 

You want pro advice? Live on lawless. Stay solo or in 1 clan with 40 or less people. Build a small base hidden under water to put your important stuff in. Build yourself a castle and call it home. No one destroys more than they need to do the raid and most of all your resources are invested in the structure itself anyways. Worst case, you scuttle your base and take leftover mats to rebuild elsewhere. Build a schooner right before you wanna sail, and scuttle it to get some return on your resources when your done with it or someone else will. Remember,  your stash is underwater, so scuttle it right above for efficiency. Raid every unraided base you see, sink every ship you see. 

Fuck the megas.

Fuck the NPCs.

Fuck the tames. You only need 1 elephant and 1 giraffe, a bear and/or horse is a luxury.

This is how you play a pirate.

-CS

• Sad 1