Lobotechx

unplayable ***** Video of the Crash *****

Lady and gent i recorded a video of the crash which affect tons of player which purchased the game on steam to test the game but unfortunatly for them they are blocked from the game itself which mean they purchased a product which doesnt work.

• Like 3

Yup, same issue for me as well. The recent server upgrade eliminated the bug that caused me to be stuck watching water and unable to do anything but now I get this same crash every time.

And a couple items to note -- changing machines still causes the crash for this character but logging in with a different steam account on the same machine does not result in the crash... it is isolated to the character and not hardware related.

Edited by Bogey

I checked and tested every prossible way with different computer as well, people on discord tryed to help me by changing stuff in the game folder as well to hope for a tempoary fix but nothing work.

This bug is considered as a isolated issue which mean it's not a priority to fix. But in conclusion i think there is no way to fix the current players which have the bug. THey have to fix them manually which is almost impossible since they doesnt have any support tech team at the moment.

What i can think of, is, a hot fix to counter the crash itself from happenning and wipe the server so everyone can play. But again it's just my thought. Some people are stuck for 3+ days it's not acceptable. 

I aggreed to play a Early acces when i purchased the game which mean Rubberband/rollback/lag/unbalanced stuff will occur during the test but i did'nt bought the product for not playing. There is a difference between removing acces to the game itself and comon bug. 

• Sad 1

I have the same exact issue, I have been unable to play the game for the last 4 days because of this. The game was working fine, I died 4 days ago on a raft and have not been able to play since this. It's really awesome watching all my friends enjoy this game.. while I can't do anything. Really frustrating tbh...

I think it has something to do with your character on that server, I am able to join other servers just not the one I was playing on when it happened. Which would be fine... except my company and friends are on the server that cannot get into. Awesome.

Edited by Mazzikre

Update

Patch 7.4 did'nt fix our Bug.

I'm going to edite a few video and do some research about how many players are affected by this and sent this to PC Gamer. THis bug is hopeless i guess i got nothing to lose at this point. 

I will sacrifice my time for everyone with this bug, hopefully it will make thing move.

Edited by Lobotechx

Can we sue atlas? 😄 No reply to our concern they keep saying its server stability issues yet they claim to have fixed shit but WE STILL CANT LOG ON?!?!?

Lady and gent i found a solution which delete your character but i managed to play on the Region which i was stuck.

It's very painful, it's hard to explaim. 

Step 1 : Goal is bypass the code error pop up to acces the respawn screen, at this point you must creat a new pathfinder and pres accept to delete the other.

Step 2 : How to do it ? You must play with your resolution and graphic and try different region with different ping, at some point you will find a perfect timing with your PC and get just enough time ti do Step 1.

Step 3 : Be patient, took me about 1000 attempt and 3 days. But i did'nt know hwo to it at first.

Let me know Pal if you managed to do it.

Enjoy peace

• Thanks 1

I have already isolated this problem to be an issue with the map in certain servers, apparently loading the map by opening the map when you're alive, or by dying which shows you the map to respawn is bugged. It is isolated in certain servers and not a widespread error.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shadox said:

I have already isolated this problem to be an issue with the map in certain servers, apparently loading the map by opening the map when you're alive, or by dying which shows you the map to respawn is bugged. It is isolated in certain servers and not a widespread error.

I tryed all server like 20 time each of them not sure if you talk about the same bug, we talk about code error 1586

When is this going to be FIXED?! It's been 4 days? Should I just plan on never playing and start the refund process now?

No response from the Devs, no fixes since 6.52... thanks guys, can't play with my guild or friends. 

image.thumb.png.ff7e33500b8cdbd1a02af31acbae6fce.png

13 minutes ago, Lobotechx said:

I tryed all server like 20 time each of them not sure if you talk about the same bug, we talk about code error 1586

were you dead?

1 minute ago, Lobotechx said:

you have no idea what is the bug 😛

it does not matter which server you tried. The server will eventually be the 1 that your character is on. I am a software engineer that codes in aws environment

1 minute ago, Shadox said:

it does not matter which server you tried. The server will eventually be the 1 that your character is on. I am a software engineer that codes in aws environment

People have this bug sionce day 1 and you just came up with a solution? Tell us what is the solution.

Just now, Lobotechx said:

People have this bug sionce day 1 and you just came up with a solution? Tell us what is the solution.

I managed to respawn myself when i was dead just before the crash appeared. I tried opening the map in certain server grids and was able to replicate the bug. I do not have a solution as this appears to be a server side issue rather than a client side issue, as i do not have the source code, I am not able to check their code and come up with a solution, rather i am trying to isolate the crash to narrow down the issue which hopefully will help the devs to come up with a solution.

For the public, maybe you can avoid opening the map in certain server grids which include dying.

This is early access, bugs are bound to happen, I am merely trying to do what i can do as a test member so that the devs can solve the issues.

How did you respawn yourself? Were you clicking around on the black screen or did the map simply not crash you when it came up?

Just now, Bogey said:

How did you respawn yourself? Were you clicking around on the black screen or did the map simply not crash you when it came up?

I minimise all settings in hope that i could quickly load and render the assets on the client side before i get a response from the server regarding the crash.

I also happen to have a pretty decent computer, 8700k gpu 2070,

so i had this really small window about 0.5 sec to click the respawn button before i crash which will send a request to the server to spawn me, which upon reloading the game closes the map.

27 minutes ago, Lobotechx said:

It's not an error code but a line number in source code , with the current update it's line 1590.

4 minutes ago, Shadox said:

this appears to be a server side issue rather than a client side issue,

The bug is client side : we should have an Atlas error popup, not a system crash popup. But there's may be an server side problem too.

1 minute ago, Baraban said:

It's not an error code but a line number in source code , with the current update it's line 1590.

The bug is client side : we should have an Atlas error popup, not a system crash popup. But there's may be an server side problem too.

apparently i replicated this on m9, l9 server grids which crash, however replicating this on l8 does not cause the error to occur.

This could probably be the different server sending a different unexpected response to the client which cause the client to crash when the client assertion code does not expect the server to send. This is just a hypothesis on my side.

Test Case: Opening the map in different server grid