Sign in to follow this  
zousug

Wild animals spawning in base.....

Hey guys..

So we are having this issue, we have walls around our base to keep creatures out.. we have spammed foundations around the inside to try and stop them but animals keep spawning inside the base..

Is there away to stop them spawning in side? its kind of crazy.. alphas spawn and kill everything!

Are you on a lawless island?  

I always build double walls as some creatures can phase through or stick their heads inside. 

but have not had this issues since original release.

1 hour ago, 8ball said:

Are you on a lawless island?  

I always build double walls as some creatures can phase through or stick their heads inside. 

but have not had this issues since original release.

hi, no its our own island.. its not inside our house.. its inside the walls surrounding our base..

think a castle with massive walls around the border to stop ppl getting close to the keep.

They spawn inside these walls which we have put foundations all around to try and stop them yet they just keep spawning lol

On 10/26/2019 at 3:57 AM, zousug said:

Hey guys..

So we are having this issue, we have walls around our base to keep creatures out.. we have spammed foundations around the inside to try and stop them but animals keep spawning inside the base..

Is there away to stop them spawning in side? its kind of crazy.. alphas spawn and kill everything!

another 10 month old problem that is still unfixed... but yeah lets work on the xbox lauch instead!!! way to go @jatheist

Zousug, my suggestion is put your tames 2 fundations high, and if possible under a roof, in this game collision is fucked up so some animals kinda ignore walls collision, also for some reason i will never understand animals spawn on the sky and then fall to land (ever wondered how a crocodile made its way up to the top of a mountain?) it probably happens out of render distance not sure.

the base its self isn't getting animals spawning in it, its the 'yard' outside that is.. its sealed off completely no way they can walk into the yard..

yeah iv seen the crocs on top of mountains.. quite funny..

im guessing that there is not a 'stop spwn' command to stop them spawning in x radius of walls or foundations etc..

thanks all 🙂

3 hours ago, zousug said:

the base its self isn't getting animals spawning in it, its the 'yard' outside that is.. its sealed off completely no way they can walk into the yard..

yeah iv seen the crocs on top of mountains.. quite funny..

im guessing that there is not a 'stop spwn' command to stop them spawning in x radius of walls or foundations etc..

thanks all 🙂

Oh yeah, completely different scenario. Unfortunately,  you've built around a spawn point. My suggestion, get a group of bears together, lions etc., set them to aggressive, jump on one, whistle the others to follow. They will now follow that tame and kill anything that spawns. Unless you get a nasty Alpha spawned in. Lol

16 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

another 10 month old problem that is still unfixed... but yeah lets work on the xbox lauch instead!!! way to go @jatheist

Zousug, my suggestion is put your tames 2 fundations high, and if possible under a roof, in this game collision is fucked up so some animals kinda ignore walls collision, also for some reason i will never understand animals spawn on the sky and then fall to land (ever wondered how a crocodile made its way up to the top of a mountain?) it probably happens out of render distance not sure.

He said they built walls around like a castle.  This leads me to believe they have a open courtyard.  He mentioned spamming foundations, but that's not going to do it.  Its still open land.

If you want to stop the spawns it needs to be a complete enclosed structure.  Tames should always be inside completely covered enclosures with perfectly snapped foundations or lifted off the ground otherwise you will continue to have this issue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 8ball said:

Oh yeah, completely different scenario. Unfortunately,  you've built around a spawn point. My suggestion, get a group of bears together, lions etc., set them to aggressive, jump on one, whistle the others to follow. They will now follow that tame and kill anything that spawns. Unless you get a nasty Alpha spawned in. Lol

it seems not one spawn point but multiple lol...