Sign in to follow this  
Jack Shandy

Music skill tree obsolete?

- NPC Crew Accordion:

• npc's can equip accordion and play songs("loaded" on accordion or first in inventory) using multi-use option "Play Song"
  • song is consumed after start, buffs will be applied after first loop of song is completed
  • song will loop until "Stop Song" option is selected from multi-use

So apart from being able to make the accordion, I can save the points I spent in this tree.

• Like 1

Since I personally have never bothered accordionizing, I’m looking forward to creating ‘Frankie Yankovic” to roll out the barrel for me. On a loop. Forever. 

Sometimes you wake up to good news.

• Haha 1

i've got a macro that plays the 'Titanic' theme I use whenever i'm a passenger and we're in the arctic regions, The capt'n just doesn't appreciate my music.

1 point for all the buffs at the standard duration, or 19 points for all the buffs at +120% duration (and you have to play it yourself) 

43 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

No, it is not obsolete because a player band's buffs will always outperform an NPC.

I'll spend the 1 point thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

1 point for all the buffs at the standard duration, or 19 points for all the buffs at +120% duration (and you have to play it yourself) 

I'll spend the 1 point thanks.

No, you don't understand, the taming song normally yields a 2x buff on Hard, with six players simultaneously it becomes 3x, the gold buff yields like 1.3x gold, with six players it's 1.4. You can't duplicate those results by having NPCs play.

6 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

No, you don't understand, the taming song normally yields a 2x buff on Hard, with six players simultaneously it becomes 3x, the gold buff yields like 1.3x gold, with six players it's 1.4. You can't duplicate those results by having NPCs play.

Sorry, forgot about the large group thing. (I'm only in a 3 man company, so we can't have everyone getting the same skill trees)

If you have 6 players with the skills, I agree it would be worth it.

2 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

No, it is not obsolete because a player band's buffs will always outperform an NPC.

Have you tried to play those Songs? It´s stupid difficult on console and therefore an NPC will always outperform a human in that lol

1 hour ago, Zayne said:

Have you tried to play those Songs? It´s stupid difficult on console and therefore an NPC will always outperform a human in that lol

I would think it would be easier on console...