Renshi

PC Black Sky how I hate thee

Ok so I have had a solid black sky for many many months. Been through two full server wipes with it that's how long. I miss the clouds the sun and the moon etc. I have tried everything I have seen on the forums from sliding the sky detail back and forth to many other things.

The only thing that fixed it one time was repairing a visual C++ redistributable but that only lasted one gameplay session. Does anybody know which version of the visual C++ redistributable ATAS actually uses? Any ideas of how I can permanently fix this?

I would move my game inin and gameusersettings ini to the desktop and let the game recreate them when it launches and see what that does. There are some cache folders as well you could try.

I am guessing you used some sort of launch command with Steam that is the main cause though. The C+ should be in a redistributables folder in the game directory.

I moved both ini files and let the game recreate them. No luck there. 

Where are the cache folders you speak of?

I use the Play button in my library inside Steam.

I assume you already had Steam verify the files to fix any corrupt files? Also video drivers up to date? Any additional launch commands in steam? Like maybe -lowmemory or -nomansky?

Edited by Neitfall

On 10/24/2019 at 2:33 PM, Nutcutt3r said:

I would move my game inin and gameusersettings ini to the desktop and let the game recreate them when it launches and see what that does. There are some cache folders as well you could try.

I am guessing you used some sort of launch command with Steam that is the main cause though. The C+ should be in a redistributables folder in the game directory.

https://imgur.com/jB0krTQ

I reinstalled the ones in these folders in my steam/steamapps/common folder and it fixed mine after I tried all of the other fixes.

If you really want to you could format? If you did something and then the game worked only one time after, seems your PC doesn't like atlas.

p.s. you maybe dodged a bullet 😛

Edited by eeeceee