Sign in to follow this  
Komby

Saling very time consuming

Hi. Will anything be done about travel time ?

If i need to sail across half the map to do a power stone , then how long is that going to take ?

I am really losing interest in traveling if it is going to take absurd amounts of time.

So... you're complaining about how long it takes to sail from place to place... on a game that's about pirates and sailing from place to place?

• Like 2

Yeah and whats your point ? You think people like wasting so much time to get your ship somewhere ? Not me

40 minutes ago, Komby said:

Yeah and whats your point ? You think people like wasting so much time to get your ship somewhere ? Not me

You do realise you are playing a game with 225 sea filled servers, with sailing ships.

The scale is supposed to be vast, epic journeys that take days even weeks to complete.

build and stock ships to make these journeys, resupply on route and move on to the next adventure without needing to return to base.

This is a slow paced game, with bursts of activity every now and then. It is what it is and I like it that way.

• Like 2

Since the map wraps around in every direction, the furthest you will ever have to travel is 8 zones. The super long range transits are the best because you can choose to go any direction to get there.

Choose the right wind to follow and that should take you 90 minutes. Chose the wrong wind, wrong sails, or overloaded, and it might take you a week. It really is up to you.

Hint: The right winds are when they are increasing, and your sails are pointed port abeam. The right sails are Speed sails, and the right loading is < 40%.

I used to use just speed sails, but now I use at least one handling sail aswell, It doesn't cut the speed down too much either, but it allows you some movement still when the speed sails have no wind to sail by.

Ever play Elite Dangerous? Great game but lots of "flying." Sailing and having encounters on the sea is part of the fun. "It's the journey, not the destination...yada yada." As the game develops there might be more to do while sailing. .

• Like 2

I don't care either way but I bet a lot of the people that are against fast travel in atlas still play other MMO's that do have it. 

Last night I had 10'sh SOD in a line blockading my way on my power stone run The detour was so boring.

Don't worry they are going to make sailing a much more interesting experience like

Maybe
Cyclones occur every 5 minutes
10 times the number of SOD and whales.
Sneaky whales and giant squid that come up at you from beneath
Winds that constantly change and Winds that blow you off course.
Sharks that fall from the sky and eat your crew. Sharknado!
No more wood from trees only floating logs you find at sea and mats inside flotsam and sunken ships.
And and powerstones will be located in long deep underwater shark infested caves
Who says the Hydra can't grow gills and live underwater. Underwater Hydra fights! Awesome. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydra_(genus)

It's going to be so.... so.... much fun.... I can't wait... (Uninstalls Altas...)

btw I'm being sarcastic

On 11/12/2019 at 11:22 AM, Whitehawk said:

I don't care either way but I bet a lot of the people that are against fast travel in atlas still play other MMO's that do have it. 

I definitely do, but I also stop playing them after 130 hours or so. Atlas has me for over 2000, EVE had me for over a decade.

I find the extended sailing quite relaxing... If anything, i'd be more interested in toning down the multitude of ghost ships over great distances... They're getting a bit ridiculous!

• Like 1

This.....

1 hour ago, Otter said:

I find the extended sailing quite relaxing... If anything, i'd be more interested in toning down the multitude of ghost ships over great distances... They're getting a bit ridiculous!