Zayne

How to deal with mermaids?

Hello everybody

How do you guys deal with mermaids? I´m playing on the Blackwood map and wanted to check out the mermaid city and maybe tame a crab but have a hard time with that. 

Everytime I get close they start singing and pulling me of my ship. Of course I can just grapling hook myself to my ship to not get pulled into the water but the mermaid City is underwater so I have to get into the water. 

Is there anything that protects you from that damn singing? Like food you can make or a buff of any kind?

How to people get to that city without dying over and over and over again? 

The worst is that it´s most of the time not one mermaid, it´s like 5-7 of them so even if I manage to get rid of one by pressing Y the next one starts pulling me. On top of that the Sharks are constantly on my arse trying to get a good meal lol

Any help is much appreciated

I don't know if it helps, but I suggest trying a Diving Attachment.  When in the suit many sea creatures will not aggro including sharks.  Might work for mermaids as well. 

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I don't know if it helps, but I suggest trying a Diving Attachment.  When in the suit many sea creatures will not aggro including sharks.  Might work for mermaids as well. 

I tried that already and unfortunately the mermaids still pull you 😞 

Funny thing is, if your ship is a good distance away they can´t pull you up close but you also can´t swim back. You are basically in a Limbo state at that point lol (haven´t figuered out how to unequip the diving suit while in water so I had to wait till my char starved…….which took ages)

Then i would go for the sub. I reckon you are playing SP or private server. Wich meens you either need to use a unlock sub mod or do the solo kraken fight to unlock it. 

I take it you are on the bottom left island on the map with all the powerstones, if so I think that they pull you into the water there near the harbour where one of the powerstones are. It is a pain but it does get you near the right place. im lev 70 with high stats and they pulled me in, took a while but they managed it. Also to get the sub on blackwood you have to defeat the snake boss after collecting the powerstones, and he's one mean mudda tukka. You might wanna adjust your sliders if you are gonna solo it. And if you put railings round your wheel it could mess up your FOV while sailing.

Thanks for the answers

Railings around my wheel will not help, I don´t have a Problem staying on my ship, I just grapling hook myself to it so they can´t pull me, the problem is I don´t want to get pulled while in the water already to explore the mermaid city. 

Submarine seems the way to go, so Bossfight it is 🙂 

yeah, Nitrado hosted Server and I´m the admin so I could adjust Sliders but I´m gonna Risk it first and check it out without cheats (We have max Level set to 200 and I´m 98 now, shouldn´t be too bad)

Well I was lev 70 plus and if I hadn't made some adjustments I doubt I would have done it , And it was a mudda tukka of a battle, Take plenty of ammo and two or three of every weapon and you might just make it. All the best and good bossin to yer. Don't forget to post when you've done it eh. Btw to get the powerstone you need to go underwater where the mermaids are anyway.