Sign in to follow this  
Killer Keen

AM I the only one who misses starting with a blank map?

Been playing the game since it came out and still enjoying it, however one thing that I really miss from the start is the original blank map that filled in as you explored.

It was fun to just explore, not being sure when or were you'd find land. Seeing the trails on the map where you'd been, trying to fill in the missing bits. Just gave you something else to do on PVE, which certainly didn't hurt.

So does anyone else miss that blank map?

• Like 4

You are not. It ruins a certain amount of fun for people who love to explore. Also, very useful for logging where you haven't yet visited. As always, people whinged and it was changed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pizik said:

You are not. It ruins a certain amount of fun for people who love to explore. Also, very useful for logging where you haven't yet visited. As always, people whinged and it was changed.

that not entirely true , the only whining was after the change , the only fog of war whining was related to fps drops for a small minority of players , 

i for one want it back on official servers , 

unfortunately i have not had the pleasure of the black map. as an xbox player we have started with the full map. its a shame but dont think i would ever open all the map otherwise!!!!

On 10/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, Ickle MrG said:

unfortunately i have not had the pleasure of the black map. as an xbox player we have started with the full map. its a shame but dont think i would ever open all the map otherwise!!!!

it's surprising how much more sea traveling you do when map is covered and u havent explored areas and cant see until you do ,

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, Killer Keen said:

Been playing the game since it came out and still enjoying it, however one thing that I really miss from the start is the original blank map that filled in as you explored.

It was fun to just explore, not being sure when or were you'd find land. Seeing the trails on the map where you'd been, trying to fill in the missing bits. Just gave you something else to do on PVE, which certainly didn't hurt.

So does anyone else miss that blank map?

yes, map fog should have never left the game, it was not only a meaningfull feature it also would help you keep track of what you had visited and what not as well as give a nice rewarding feeling to completionist players, that is just one more example that suggest a flip a coin method of choosing when keeping or deleting features instead of using feedback.

I get this experience whether I want it or not as the map is permanently broken on my xbox server it seems. 

So we cant use it at all, and rely on remembering islands and routes