Redrick

Current 9h wartime is too long

Hello,

it was great to read in ATLAS Roadmap post

.. great to read what Dev team understand the issue with offline raiding and will try to do something with it.

Today we have 9 h wartime on claimed islands.

Really, it's way too long for regular players. How do you see we can protect our lands if we are go to sleep and war time is still ongoing? It is not fun at all and make the game boring.

Please consider to change war time to 4-5 h. That will be enough for pvp on the land, but remove offline raiding issue from the game.

- Redrick

Edited by Redrick
  • Thanks 1

Please do I'm sick of bobs trying to offline us then running to Freeport it's a trolls paradise this game

• Thanks 1

The problem is not (the lenght of) the raid timer... The problem is that raiding is too easy when no defender is online...

We could do without any peace timer if it would be possible to build defenses that work (you know all those cannons and puckles that cost gold /berries and are out-ranged by a cannon tame, or don't shoot sideways moving targets) and cost the attacker losses to attack you - than the attacker has to think twice if it is worth it to attack you... right no if defender is offline it is a no-brainer to attack...

Yeah... We had this problem too....

That's why we had 3-4 islands at all times, and we staggered all the raid times, so we at least always had 2 in peace time while the other two were in raid time. and we would just float our entire fleet to the nearest peace time island...

As for the bases, oh well, all those islands were super turtled up, they can waste their explosives, no big deal.

Must be hard being Island poor.....

Edited by Inigo

Also i can personally attest that even with 9 hour raid time, you still may not have enough time to attack. Even if you get all your war prep done ahead of time and have people ready to go the second the raid time hits, we've fought over an island for the full 9 hours one day, and another 5 hours the following day until we finally took it and they ceded defeat. They sure put up one hell of a fight.

We lost a lot of bears and crabs..... 

Alternatively, we also fought off PCA and their war decs which were 24 hour war timers. Soooo depends on your company size, 9 hours might be too much if you're a small crew. That's small crew problems...

Even with a solid 24 hour raid time from a  multiple War Decs, we've successfully defended multiple islands from start to finish. So it wasnt nearly long enough for the attackers.

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

Alternatively, we also fought off PCA and their war decs which were 24 hour war timers. Soooo depends on your company size, 9 hours might be too much if you're a small crew. That's small crew problems...

Even with a solid 24 hour raid time from a  multiple War Decs, we've successfully defended multiple islands from start to finish. So it wasnt nearly long enough for the attackers.

Its not a question of 'take all in one turn', its about have time for play and time for real life.

You can always find a big enough foe which cant be blast in one run.

I'm not bothered about proper raiders I'm bothered about the trolls that literally try and raid bases for 9 hours a day for like a week straight just wasting ammo of your defences trying there best to annoy the hell out of you it is literally grieving/trolling and there's no defence against that

6 hours ago, Redrick said:

Its not a question of 'take all in one turn', its about have time for play and time for real life.

You can always find a big enough foe which cant be blast in one run.

4 hours ago, Atlaneer said:

I'm not bothered about proper raiders I'm bothered about the trolls that literally try and raid bases for 9 hours a day for like a week straight just wasting ammo of your defences trying there best to annoy the hell out of you it is literally grieving/trolling and there's no defence against that

Let me introduce you to the concept that you picked the wrong genre of games to play. ARK, Rust, 7 Days to Die, Conan Exiles, Etc. 

If you want to play on an Official Server, well that's your decision, it's also your decision to deal with whatever elements are present. Including being raided when you arent on, griefers, etc. Now despite my ire for the Devs and their bad decisions, they did in fact put a reasonable raid timer in. That you can personally set to your preference for Start and End times. 

IF STILL that is not good enough for you, let me remind you, there are PVE, private servers, with additional raid protections available if you just want to get on and play Pokemon without getting your shit shoved in. Alternatively there is also Singleplayer where you can Catch Em All without any risk to your little RP base at all.

I've got no sympathy for any of your problems. I've dealt with my fair share of griefers, proper raiders, even being attacked by the Player Cap Alliance, which prided themselves on their namesake for player capping entire sectors they were attacking(They were still bad at fighting, so it's w/e).

I've done my fair share of griefing and proper raiding, and it's quite fun. It would be a darn shame if they nerf any of that to pander to Casual solo players or 1-4 man companies. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/25/2019 at 4:32 PM, Inigo said:

Let me introduce you to the concept that you picked the wrong genre of games to play. ARK, Rust, 7 Days to Die, Conan Exiles, Etc. . 

plz check Caplog linked

Even in a pvp it has to be fair for all style of player current conditions. Leavs the game only playable by people how play 24/7 or with large companies. Even with large company people are haveing issues with off line raiding being too esy. Not saying it needs to be taken out but make it harder and for ship no offline raiding and safe when docked. Also we need enemy weight no efect on ships because there exploring that as well. We want epic ship fights not, another base build game.

After all real pirates went after ships out in open waters not ports they were hired to stop supply lines from reaching enemy ports. Docked ships where to high risk. 

• Like 1

They could add no ship raiding on docked ships protection for 24hr then a cool down time of 12÷time docked that way no one just docks ships for ever to store suplys and gives troll a chance to do there thing yet still giving average player a chance to progress. More player able to advance more players will not only want to play but more players to raid and fight.

Edited by dirt916@ymail.com

On 10/25/2019 at 10:51 AM, oni said:

imho Raid timers should vary by company size somewhat

If you wanna own a island, you gotta own it. None of this carebear shit please.

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2019 at 2:51 AM, oni said:

imho Raid timers should vary by company size somewhat

Will be abused immediately with single person alt company to hold the island.

I am going to keep posting this until the devs either take parts or all of this or make a change to alleviate these issues.

Shadowbane had it right.  PvP at all times in all places except for a couple of towns.  Atlas equivalent is a Freeport.  All player built structures safe 24/7.  Want to tear down your nemesis's walls?  Build a bane stone at a fairly significant cost.  Bane stones take awhile to make as well.  Don't remember the time, but I thought it was hours.  Once build take bane stone to their town and place it in range of the town you want to destroy.  Once placed the owner of this town is notified they have been baned and have a certain amount of time (24 hours I think) to acknowledge this and choose the time the bane will start.  Once the bane starts the bane stone becomes vulnerable to damage.  The bane continues until the stone is destroyed or the Tree Of Life is destroyed.  I've seen banes last 10 minutes and others last 8 hours due to the fight being very even and full of motivated individuals. 

Take above and replace Bane stones with a War declaration.  Make a player built structure that acts as a bane stone and use similar game mechanics.  When a war dec is placed it affects the entire island sphere of influence as war decs do now.  This allowed people to go out and farm, raid, explore without fear of losing their homes.  This promotes player to player PvP and in Atlas's case ship PvP along with PvP on land.  Sure there will be griefers if this was implemented, but they are much easier to deal with in this case since they cannot destroy your base or sink green anchored ships.   They are being annoying?  Stay in your base or fast travel somewhere else.  Trolls are dealt with by not feeding them. 

Edited by DocHolliday

16 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I am going to keep posting this until the devs either take parts or all of this or make a change to alleviate these issues.

Shadowbane had it right.  PvP at all times in all places except for a couple of towns.  Atlas equivalent is a Freeport.  All player built structures safe 24/7.  Want to tear down your nemesis's walls?  Build a bane stone at a fairly significant cost.  Bane stones take awhile to make as well.  Don't remember the time, but I thought it was hours.  Once build take bane stone to their town and place it in range of the town you want to destroy.  Once placed the owner of this town is notified they have been baned and have a certain amount of time (24 hours I think) to acknowledge this and choose the time the bane will start.  Once the bane starts the bane stone becomes vulnerable to damage.  The bane continues until the stone is destroyed or the Tree Of Life is destroyed.  I've seen banes last 10 minutes and others last 8 hours due to the fight being very even and full of motivated individuals. 

Take above and replace Bane stones with a War declaration.  Make a player built structure that acts as a bane stone and use similar game mechanics.  When a war dec is placed it affects the entire island sphere of influence as war decs do now.  This allowed people to go out and farm, raid, explore without fear of losing their homes.  This promotes player to player PvP and in Atlas's case ship PvP along with PvP on land.  Sure there will be griefers if this was implemented, but they are much easier to deal with in this case since they cannot destroy your base or sink green anchored ships.   They are being annoying?  Stay in your base or fast travel somewhere else.  Trolls are dealt with by not feeding them. 

Forget all this just reduce the timer to 4-5 hours at least massive problem solved only the trolls n crap PvPers will complain

On 10/24/2019 at 2:34 PM, Sheepshooter said:

The problem is not (the lenght of) the raid timer... The problem is that raiding is too easy when no defender is online...

We could do without any peace timer if it would be possible to build defenses that work (you know all those cannons and puckles that cost gold /berries and are out-ranged by a cannon tame, or don't shoot sideways moving targets) and cost the attacker losses to attack you - than the attacker has to think twice if it is worth it to attack you... right no if defender is offline it is a no-brainer to attack...

the problem is that people who play pvp to offline raid others are simply cowards who should be playing pve instead, but thats human nature so not much you can do about it

On 10/26/2019 at 12:32 AM, Inigo said:

Let me introduce you to the concept that you picked the wrong genre of games to play. ARK, Rust, 7 Days to Die, Conan Exiles, Etc. 

If you want to play on an Official Server, well that's your decision, it's also your decision to deal with whatever elements are present. Including being raided when you arent on, griefers, etc. Now despite my ire for the Devs and their bad decisions, they did in fact put a reasonable raid timer in. That you can personally set to your preference for Start and End times. 

IF STILL that is not good enough for you, let me remind you, there are PVE, private servers, with additional raid protections available if you just want to get on and play Pokemon without getting your shit shoved in. Alternatively there is also Singleplayer where you can Catch Em All without any risk to your little RP base at all.

I've got no sympathy for any of your problems. I've dealt with my fair share of griefers, proper raiders, even being attacked by the Player Cap Alliance, which prided themselves on their namesake for player capping entire sectors they were attacking(They were still bad at fighting, so it's w/e).

I've done my fair share of griefing and proper raiding, and it's quite fun. It would be a darn shame if they nerf any of that to pander to Casual solo players or 1-4 man companies. 

I don't mind pandering to solo or 1-4 man companies, but they just gotta actually be not casual and be men and learn how to play the game. Fact is, nobody that offline raids such bobs, is worth worrying about. If bobs don;t have the capability to defend/hide their stuff, that's on them.

Yet another carebear thread.

Why o why do some pvp'ers think they are some sort of elite and deserve a medal or something. Yeh big deal you throw missiles at each other, wow. I used to enjoy pvp a lot until it just became offline griefing and then boasting about it afterwards. At one time no one would even bother fighting someone who was too easy cos there would be no glory in it. Now look, offline raiding cos they are too scared to fight a real battle. It's these people who should go back to pve cos obviously real mano et mano pvp is too scary for them.

The only way to really defend is to join a mega or ally with one your all idiots or bobs to think otherwise and that's the truth he'll I'm allied with one and I've never been hit 

Just because some people want to play in small groups or solo doesn't mean they are idiots, so what does that make someone who joins the bullies, just so they don't get picked on?

4 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Just because some people want to play in small groups or solo doesn't mean they are idiots, so what does that make someone who joins the bullies, just so they don't get picked on?

Smart because I'll be damned if "grapeshot" can fix the issue so you got to survive any means necessary 

it's funny how many times that excuse has been used in history... But anyway the point is we all play the game our own way just because it's not the way I choose to play doesn't give me the right to call someone an idiot. 

10 hours ago, Atlaneer said:

The only way to really defend is to join a mega or ally with one your all idiots or bobs to think otherwise and that's the truth he'll I'm allied with one and I've never been hit 

The problem is i want to have pvp in my primetime, not later at night or at working day.