Sign in to follow this  
Chopa

Return Craft bonus

On 11/1/2019 at 12:23 AM, DoubleHelix said:

That is my point too. It is about player competence. No matter what other restrictions devs will implement, they cannot make someone a better player if he has no will to become one. The sad truth is that a lot of players disregard basic info, patch notes etc. They just don't care. They want all getting served to them now and on silver plate. Well, its not working like that.

yeah, videogames are about effort and time investment to be the best, not about fun, if you want fun go play videoga...wait

5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

yeah, videogames are about effort and time investment to be the best, not about fun, if you want fun go play videoga...wait

Having the opportunity to constantly improve your gear And ships or tames is what keeps Games like this alive. As Helix Said Getting everything served on a silver platter, you are done at some Point And thats the Time People leave the game.  I actually like it when Game Progress is Slow pacing because if you achieve One of your Goals it Feels way better if You Invested Time in it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ond of the best changes was reduce the intelligente buffs, i could easy get max craft bonus last season, but it was way to op against smaller tribes.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, zottel said:

Having the opportunity to constantly improve your gear And ships or tames is what keeps Games like this alive. As Helix Said Getting everything served on a silver platter, you are done at some Point And thats the Time People leave the game.  I actually like it when Game Progress is Slow pacing because if you achieve One of your Goals it Feels way better if You Invested Time in it. 

videogames were created as a distraction, as a way to enjoy and have fun, is good to have a rewarding feeling in a videogame, its a hook, a psichological addiction, we seek that feeling troughout all of our actions in life, since its something we seek videogame companies are using that to attact people who is frustrated in real life (notice i am generalising, this ofc doesnt apply to every gamer or every game) by giving them ingame that feeling they couldnt obtain (for watever the reason) in real life, i think thats the wrong move(wich doesnt mean that is intrinsecaly a bad thing), for it turns videogames into a psychiatric treatment, sadly "acomplishment" is something that many people wants and it sells very well it kinda resembles the drug-addict drug-dealer relationship, so i believe the most healthy move for both the gaming comunity and the videogame industry is a balance between fun and reward

i don't know about pvp as i have played very little of it but in pve this change was not required. on pve server there was maybe 10 players with high end int sets and almost all of those players sold their services for a reaonable price (about 2k per bp) so small companies could easily get the crafted gear even if they didn't have a crafter in the company. that being said we did get hit by a rather large nerf to armors at the same time. pre wipe we could get 300%+ dmg weapon bp's that you could get a 60% craft on giving 400%+ total dmg without spending anything on upgrades. now you have weapons at around 230% with a 20% upgrade giving 256% weapon dmg. hp has been nerfed into the ground aswell making it harder for small companies to get the health required for end game content without having a huge number of people join them. 

so the question is why make the game harder and more time consuming for people to get the same gear we used to have then say it's to help smaller companies?

another question could be how do we make crafting end game gear more accessible to smaller companies?

now during the live stream i do recall them touching on the subject of a crafting skill, how could that work?? as it stand you would need the crafting skill to give you 3x the crafting bonus now available to be the same as it was. you could make a master crafting skill in which if someone has every skill in a single tree they could choose to master in that tree giving the 3x bonus to crafted items from that tree. this could work with almost all trees aswell including cooking could give 3x the food/drinks medical could give 3x the duration on medkits or extra med kits. piracy could give a slight bonus to treasure gold or rss scavenged from sunken ships. 

this is only a suggestion but it would be very easy for someone to get all skills in a skill line. could make mastering a skill 1 mastery per character and a respec in mastery a large coin cost to encourage companies to have people specced into different trees.

I dont understand why people thinks the old crafting bonus was bad, for pvp maybe, for pve, its game breaking.

Skyring have a system where you could improve your bonus a lot, and its not an boring game, actually this particular feature was one of the best features of the game. Again, for pve only...

As the game is right now is impossible to do several things in the game ( game breaking mechanic ), I challenge anyone here to do blackwood boos with out cheating and with out 20+ crafting bonus, simple impossible solo or even with small teams ( I guess 100 players would do it, but this is stupid even to discuss ).

There are several levels of BAD decision making here.

1 I have stated for a long time PVP is ruining ANY chance this game has at being fun because it is the pvp players ALWAYS whining.

2 Since when does the craft % give you better aim or make you more skillful?You still have to aim no matter what the cap is.

3 There are so FEW points to spend that it should come down to CHOICE on how to spend those points.Why should CHOICE to put more into INT be removed by pvp whiners?So what this comes down to is NO you don't deserve to have a say or CHOICE because  ME ME ME  I want blueprints and INT to have no purpose and just turn this game into a BR...aka Fortnite.

4 All i have seen over and over is nerf nerf nerf,nerf pets because pvp whining,nerf canons pvp whiningnerf crafting pvp whining,You can't put cannons there nor there WHY>>pvp whining.

5 Maybe now the most important part,TWO types of players,,this team should be catering to BOTH and not one set of pvp whiners.You want to make changes to ruin FUN to cater to pvp players,fine give them their settings and leave the PVE game alone because god forbid some if us just want to have some FUN!!

So is it more important to keep nerfing everytime a pvp player wants to go  to Discord and cry about we need more nerfs or is it better to just have some FUN playing?I mean my god the amount of change over pvp alone has been insane.Even worse is that all this time change change change,,the team SHOULD have been cleaning up the code and bug fixing and looking for more FUN things to do instead of removing it.

Finally...I guarantee this is not the last we hear from pvp crying,,they cry and demand this game be nerfed right until it ends up a BR Fortnite game.

BTW i just came back to try this game and it made me VERY bitter,my cannons disappeared my armor disappeared ,it is like we keep resetting the game because of pvp players.

I did a full exit of game and will not ever play this game again because of most likely people going in to DISCORD and crying about how THEIR pvp experience isn't perfectly how they want it, i DEMAND NERFS !!.

So part of the blame is on pvp crying and part on the team for completely ignoring the pve players and soloers or small groups.Some of this games most staunch supporters have all left and are playing Valheim and Valheim is not even a good game,that says a lot.

BTW..How has the pvp population evolved with all these changes?it hasn't ,,instead it devolved down to nothingthat kind of tells you right there that the direction has been the wrong direction to take.

Edited by zubov56