Sign in to follow this  
Chopa

Return Craft bonus

Return as it was, you completely killed this opportunity. Kraft now gives such small percentages that there is no point in it. Hopefully the players will support me and you will return as it was before.

• Like 1

Nope, the crafting bonus were game killing...

That is why they reduced their impact this much, until they get going on game balancing again...

• Like 4

On 10/24/2019 at 2:10 AM, Sheepshooter said:

Nope, the crafting bonus were game killing...

That is why they reduced their impact this much, until they get going on game balancing again...

why? .. oh.. not.

more comments

yes they where power creeping there way to total power! I totally agree with the changes to int. make this a skill based game not a equip based one.

• Like 1

Must agree that it was a good change. 20% CB still is a good upgrade to good blueprints And the Gap between a high end craft And beginner ones is Smaller which benefits Smaller companys. Not sure how many People or companys had proper int gear but on PVE only a very small number ( under 10 ) had good gear And a high Level. Solo or small companys just couldnt effort the millions of Gold And Mythos to Upgrade 

• Like 5

On 10/23/2019 at 11:27 PM, Chopa said:

Return as it was, you completely killed this opportunity. Kraft now gives such small percentages that there is no point in it. Hopefully the players will support me and you will return as it was before.

player support is as usless as feedback in this game mate, that being said statistically speaking anything that is/was ever fun in this game had/has the higher chances of getting removed/nerfed so i wouldnt put my hopes on it coming back.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:43 AM, lordkhan4444 said:

yes they where power creeping there way to total power! I totally agree with the changes to int. make this a skill based game not a equip based one.

omg a game in wich you get stronger after spending hundreds of hrs in it!!! HERESY!!!

• Haha 1

Must have missed something - what the did they make to the crafting bonus system?

On a semi sidenote, was intelligence removed as a buff for armour blueprints? Haven’t seen a single on till now, but  also didn’t see it in the patch notes, but could easily have overlooked it.

4 hours ago, Henry Featherstone said:

Must have missed something - what the did they make to the crafting bonus system?

On a semi sidenote, was intelligence removed as a buff for armour blueprints? Haven’t seen a single on till now, but  also didn’t see it in the patch notes, but could easily have overlooked it.

The int was removed from armors And you only gain 2% int per Level. They doubled the int on Crows And dolphins tho. Max Crafting Bonus is 20% right now,which imo is a good change. What i still like them to Change is the repair And Upgrade cost reduced for mythical items. They are supposed to be endgame EQ but its not worth the cost right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zottel said:

The int was removed from armors And you only gain 2% int per Level. They doubled the int on Crows And dolphins tho. Max Crafting Bonus is 20% right now,which imo is a good change. What i still like them to Change is the repair And Upgrade cost reduced for mythical items. They are supposed to be endgame EQ but its not worth the cost right now.

Ahh, well that explains why I haven't seen any armour with intelligence buffs, much easier and faster to get to the stage where it make sense to craft blueprints I guess, just need the mythical shipyards, then we are set. Crow check, dolphin, easy.

Much appreciated.

17 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

omg a game in wich you get stronger after spending hundreds of hrs in it!!! HERESY!!!

In a sandbox based game, yeah it kinda is.

In a progression based game, not so much.

On a more philosophical base. Why should I be utterly outclassed by you becuase I dont have the luxury of playing as often as you do?

The int was out of controll. With a crafting toon, or even just a high lvl toon that respecced back and forth to craft/pvp, you could become iron man vs the pirates. That was clearly not what the devs intended. It is sad, they arent great at math or they would have seen it comming. It was inherently tied to not having a realistic lvl cap or diminishing returns built into the int factor.

If anyone greatly misses the broken system, it's  likely they were abusing it. Walking around with over 400 health and nigh invincible to all know weaponry currently in game.

This was a great change and one that was absolutely demanded by the vast majority of the player base. 

11 hours ago, zottel said:

They did not double, they reverted the halfing.

27 minutes ago, Kummba said:

They did not double, they reverted the halfing.

Oh rly? Must have Missed that then. So Crows still Give 60% on max Level then.

And as an addition to this, you get the chance for the AMAZING 20% when you hit lvl 150. GL with that

On 10/27/2019 at 2:59 AM, zottel said:

Solo or small companys just couldnt effort the millions of Gold And Mythos to Upgrade 

You know very well that celio has hit lvl 145 in mid-summer and he had one of the best Int gears in the server. And he was playing practically solo.

Since the spring we were 2-3 active in our company which hasn't stopped us of getting lvl 135 and having the best set on the server.

So the dev's excuse "equal chance for the small companies" is one of the bullshittiest excuses possible. Its all about having a clue what you want to achieve, how you want to achieve it, dedication and most of all - understanding the game mechanics.

Edited by DoubleHelix
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, zottel said:

Oh rly? Must have Missed that then. So Crows still Give 60% on max Level then.

The old formular 10 +(level/130*50) is still valid. That means 60 int for level 60 seems valid too.

1 hour ago, DoubleHelix said:

And as an addition to this, you get the chance for the AMAZING 20% when you hit lvl 150. GL with that

You know very well that celio has hit lvl 145 in mid-summer and he had one of the best Int gears in the server. And he was playing practically solo.

Since the spring we were 2-3 active in our company which hasn't stopped us of getting lvl 135 and having the best set on the server.

So the dev's excuse "equal chance for the small companies" is one of the bullshittiest excuses possible. Its all about having a clue what you want to achieve, how you want to achieve it, dedication and most of all - understanding the game mechanics.

Celio definitly was a class for himself XD  but the average player would Not get that much Mythos And Gold to Upgrade, some even struggle paying their crew. 

19 hours ago, zottel said:

The int was removed from armors And you only gain 2% int per Level. They doubled the int on Crows And dolphins tho. Max Crafting Bonus is 20% right now,which imo is a good change.

How much Int i need to get this max CB 20% today?

1 hour ago, Redrick said:

How much Int i need to get this max CB 20% today?

35m XP (level 150) and a 130 crow. Come back in 6 weeks. (Dont quote the 6 weeks, it is just a wild guess)
Today you can be about level 100 with a 70 crow. That would be (200+37+50)/20 = 13,5%

Max is (300+60+50)/20 = 20,5% cb max

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kummba said:

35m XP (level 150) and a 130 crow. Come back in 6 weeks. (Dont quote the 6 weeks, it is just a wild guess)
Today you can be about level 100 with a 70 crow. That would be (200+37+50)/20 = 13,5%

Max is (300+60+50)/20 = 20,5% cb max

Can you please explain this formula?

200 from lvl 100 * 2% int

Do you count dolphin buff?

Edited by Redrick

21 minutes ago, Redrick said:

Can you please explain this formula?

200 from lvl 100 * 2% int

Do you count dolphin buff?

(levelt int ; int from crow; dolphin)

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:38 PM, Chucksteak said:

In a sandbox based game, yeah it kinda is.

In a progression based game, not so much.

well i dont share that view tho

On a more philosophical base. Why should I be utterly outclassed by you becuase I dont have the luxury of playing as often as you do?

well thats a tricky question, and what makes it tricky is that i understand how you feel about it, yet if we are being perfectly honest Atlas by design is not about skills at all, proof is the fact that you can offline raid, the fact that mega companies with hundreds of members can freely attack companies of any size, etc. that would be unthinkable in a skill based game, i believe atlas is more a simplistic concept like "raid and get raided"

The int was out of controll. With a crafting toon, or even just a high lvl toon that respecced back and forth to craft/pvp, you could become iron man vs the pirates. That was clearly not what the devs intended. It is sad, they arent great at math or they would have seen it comming. It was inherently tied to not having a realistic lvl cap or diminishing returns built into the int factor.

well i always tought that the int crafting thing was crap but not because it was OP but because it forced you to craft 5 million pieces of something to get a "worth it" version of it, wich in my eyes was even worse than what looter shooters do, that said if with the very few people remaining they take away the stuff that makes the game fun for them well...GG

This was a great change and one that was absolutely demanded by the vast majority of the player base. 

i can respect that our opinions differ at some points, yet this: "that was absolutely demanded by the vast majority of the player base" is bullshit and i dare you to prove it.

Many of the players who benefited from this and have the devs ears so to speak complained about it.  They knew it was a bad implementation.  They knew it was unfair to smaller companies.  They used it to prove this point and to remain competitive with the other large companies.  Got to balance the short term and long term. 

I won't prove it.  You can take my word for it or ignore it.  I really don't care. 

On 10/29/2019 at 2:13 AM, zottel said:

but the average player would Not get that much Mythos And Gold to Upgrade, some even struggle paying their crew. 

That is my point too. It is about player competence. No matter what other restrictions devs will implement, they cannot make someone a better player if he has no will to become one. The sad truth is that a lot of players disregard basic info, patch notes etc. They just don't care. They want all getting served to them now and on silver plate. Well, its not working like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoubleHelix said:

That is my point too. It is about player competence. No matter what other restrictions devs will implement, they cannot make someone a better player if he has no will to become one. The sad truth is that a lot of players disregard basic info, patch notes etc. They just don't care. They want all getting served to them now and on silver plate. Well, its not working like that.

It should be about competence,effort And skill,i totally agree, but i think the 60CB were just too much, while gaining "power" through Equipment is a core Part of the Game it shouldn't overcome or replace skill but it felt that way. It should be a good mix of skill competence And effort.

• Like 1