Grapeshot and all game content deciders,

Using the idea of fantasy and magic is a great idea, however can you please consider using another term than Tarot so the game can be played by more audiences.  This is something that is not acceptable by many groups in real life as well as in game, and will not bring any value to the game.  Making it more fantasy like Lord of the Rings and many others will still allow the gameplay your trying to develop, however without bring occult practice ideas that billions would avoid.  Please consider this.

Other than that I'm liking the development so far.  Keep up the good work.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Whats wrong about Tarot?  Using Cards for Fortune telling was a common thing back then.

It's funny though a few of us have asked for an airship which was in the original version of atlas, and people say it isn't pyraty and we should keep this game authentic. Then we get a submarine, torpedoes, giant crabs, and now magic! So could anyone please explain again why we shouldn't have an airship?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taco Infame said:

Grapeshot and all game content deciders,

Using the idea of fantasy and magic is a great idea, however can you please consider using another term than Tarot so the game can be played by more audiences.  This is something that is not acceptable by many groups in real life as well as in game, and will not bring any value to the game.  Making it more fantasy like Lord of the Rings and many others will still allow the gameplay your trying to develop, however without bring occult practice ideas that billions would avoid.  Please consider this.

Other than that I'm liking the development so far.  Keep up the good work.

sooo you mean people who doesnt care about killing other people but they do care about pieces of paper? you know those people have a name dont you?

33 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

It's funny though a few of us have asked for an airship which was in the original version of atlas, and people say it isn't pyraty and we should keep this game authentic. Then we get a submarine, torpedoes, giant crabs, and now magic! So could anyone please explain again why we shouldn't have an airship?

well its been proven that the game development so far has been one of the worse seen in the last year(s?) sooo at this point i expect anything and everything

Its not aboutmagic beeing added but rather call it Tarot. No idea why its so Important to call it magic

Well technically speaking tarot is only used for fortune telling, not sure how useful that will be in a pyrate game.

The only magic I can see working in this game is either necromancy, ie being able to raise undead npc's. Or conjuring( also known as sorcery), ie conjure up storms, tidal waves etc.

Edited by Whitehawk

There are Plenty of Magic stuff i could imagine. Tarot could be Used to foretell wind or cyclones. Or get a Chance of higher Gold earn or a luck Buff which increase Quality of Maps  And flotsam

6 hours ago, zottel said:

Whats wrong about Tarot?  Using Cards for Fortune telling was a common thing back then.

5 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

If you remember back when, there was someone at the beginning of the tarot release that was saying it was exploitation of the Romany race. Didn’t really care too much then or now, but.... I can see how some religious groups, Christian/catholic that would have a problem with it.

if someone actually has a pure faith(most don’t, like almost everyone) certain things can deter them from getting a game especially if it has to deal with any kind of occult style content.

gypsies were persecuted for their way because a lot of religions saw it as evil. So yeah, it is no big deal to me but I can completely see where he is coming from.

i know a few friends that won’t by Wolfenstein for obvious reasons. Just saying

4 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Well technically speaking tarot is only used for fortune telling, not sure how useful that will be in a pyrate game.

is more or less part of the whole pirate thing lore, the mistycal powers and dark stuff kinda thing, like a pirates of the caribean sort of thing

2 hours ago, zottel said:

There are Plenty of Magic stuff i could imagine. Tarot could be Used to foretell wind or cyclones. Or get a Chance of higher Gold earn or a luck Buff which increase Quality of Maps  And flotsam

but what would be the point of cyclones then if you can choose to avoid them? i see it more like some sort of "general"/"difussed" warnings, like having a % chance of getting some sort of message like "danger is nearby" if a ship of a company you are in war with is in the same grid as you, or stuff like that.

14 minutes ago, Realist said:

I can see how some religious groups, Christian/catholic that would have a problem with it.

there is always a group of people who has a problem with something tho 😄

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

but what would be the point of cyclones then if you can choose to avoid them? i see it more like some sort of "general"/"difussed" warnings, like having a % chance of getting some sort of message like "danger is nearby" if a ship of a company you are in war with is in the same grid as you, or stuff like that.

Was just an example, still Takes a while Till im done Programming it XD but there will be always People having a Problem with something. PETA because we almost kill animals while taming. People with Anorexia because we Need to eat in the Game. Small People because we can create midgets. The Church because our tames evolve to stronger versions while breeding. Vegans cause we eat meat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

Preaching to the choir man. I always have people that have a problem with what I say as well lol I am used to it 😂

• Like 1

Actually I can tell you from first hand experience that sailors old and new are very superstitious, and wouldn't go near anything occulty. A skipper on a fishing trip once threatened to throw me overboard for whistling! I thought he was joking but he genuinely believed you could whistle up a storm! I kid you not. Anyway the realism card people keep playing is pointless now as everyone seems inclined to pick what's pyraty and what isn't by how much they personally want something in the game. As for predicting cyclones please tell me how they could adapt the game to do that for hundreds of players at the same time in different regions? I personally don't care what they add but I'd rather it was a benefit to my gameplay. Or they could spend the time better sorting out bugs.

Thanks for all the responses.  We all have the right to our own opinions for sure.  Beside the fact that including real life occult crap into the game would eliminate at the least 50% of the world population if they do follow their convictions they say they have, it really does not bring any value to the game.  Fly ships sounds way more fun than creepy superstitions that will surly bring controversy.

Edited by Taco Infame

9 minutes ago, Taco Infame said:

Thanks for all the responses.  We all have the right to our own opinions for sure.  Beside the fact that including real life occult crap into the game would eliminate at the least 50% of the world population if they do follow their convictions they say they have, it really does not bring any value to the game.  Fly ships sounds way more fun than creepy superstitions that will surly bring controversy.

Still curious why Tarot is a Bad thing And also how should it kill 50% of the playerbase?

Yeh I agree with you there I don't think it would kill 50% of the player base at all, I mean look how popular magic based mmo's are.But if you are gonna introduce magic to the game then it should be the full hog and make a decent addition to the game. Anyway as a solo player I doubt I'd be able to use it , they'd prob have it dungeon locked behind 100 giant crabs lev 200 or something. And then each spell would prob cost 100 mythos just to use once. Maybe i'm just being too optimistic though.

Edited by Whitehawk

Did not say 50% of the player base...I said 50% or more of the world population would look at this as a red flag and something to avoid.  Did not say "magic" as there is fantasy type magic portrayed in great movies like Lord of the Rings.  All I'm saying is to keep it fantasy and don't bring in superstitions that do trip people up.  Simple.

Okay seems like im just plain stupid, missing an Important Part of Humans history or the way we See the World differs so much that i Dont understand where the Problem is. There is so much Else that could trigger People beside simple cards. I mean Army of the damned that are somewhat like raising dead. 

Yeh but lets be honest if someone suggested introducing a prayer option so you could ask for the grace of god while you are sailing you'd say they were out of their darn tree. Well technically occult is also a religion so I do get peoples points of view, However this is an mmo run by people with their own ethical and moral standings so what they do is up to them and to keep playing you should accept this fact anyway. I just think other things would be better for the game and i'd rather they spent their time on something else. But like I say it's not my game, so I can only suggest.

50% of the potential audience is already pre-filtered out of games like this due to religious indoctrination about games, computers, popular media, science, and fiction.

We are all just operating inside our our personal tolerance for things like superstition, religiosity, sex, and violence, whether that's driven by our moral compass or an external source who tells us what we need to think, it doesn't matter.

I am pretty sensitive to the violence we need to inflict on animals to tame them, but it forces me to think in the first person about those things, and in this case, reinforces my convictions there.

I for one am glad that most of us live in a society where very few things are pre-ordained as bad, evil, or unacceptable for discussion, and we have tools like games, books, and movies where we can experience the margins to form opinions of our own.

• Like 1