digitus78

Why buy a island?

Our company has bought a PVE island and pay a good amount daily to keep it.  Only to have people who have moved off but just come back to renew their timers.  They dont use the island or live on it yet bounce on to renew their timer.  This leaves no space for actual new comers to build or get resources.  We would like active neighbors but this is a problem.  There are no benefits to pay gold to have a island except to name it and collect few resources.   

• Like 1

Nothing you can do about that unfortunately.  As I'm sure you know, if the structure has been there over 24 hours or was there before you claimed the island, you can not remove it.  Some people like to have outposts to gather resources and ship them to other grids where they are based where those resources are not available and others insist on resetting timers on dead bases, no idea why.  I understand your frustration.

The ones that really annoy me are those who build traps right on a decent spot where someone may like to build and then stick a single foundation and bed down so they can keep coming back to see if their lazy eyesore has caught anything, thus resetting the timer.  No regard for anyone at all.  For some reason, even though a foundation with a bed on it says it can be destroyed, it can't.

Had a guy the other day build such a trap on the island I own and he had obviously read the island message banner I set where I politely ask people not to build traps beds/foundations because he said to me "just here for a couple of bears, will remove the trap when done".  I left him to it thinking decent chap then much later saw he was not around and I could have removed it but didn't within the time allowed.  Next day I was doing the rounds and he has placed a single foundation with a bed next to it - grrrr!  My fault, I will just delete traps/etc like that in future and if I see anything in these traps - it's dead before "Captain I Can't Tame For Toffee" returns.

As to the benefits, well you do get to build without having to consult a landlord or worry your structures will be removed, though most landlords are decent I think.  You get the resources you mention in taxes and maybe it's not much, just some from people visiting your island and gathering a little but you will also get gold back from people doing treasure maps.  Who knows, someone may come along and decide to settle on your island and then you get much more in terms of resources without them being taxed on what they gather for base, ship building etc. saves you a lot of farming.

If island ownership isn't for you, you can give up your island at any time but can still live where you are without the worry that anyone will be able to remove what you have already built in the future.

Not sure what the daily cost of your island is, mine is 712 and I find that doing treasure maps on 2x events and then diving ship wrecks and killing the odd whale at other times gives me enough gold for over a week so I don't have to worry about collecting gold on a daily basis.

Cheers.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:13 PM, Slado said:

Nothing you can do about that unfortunately.  As I'm sure you know, if the structure has been there over 24 hours or was there before you claimed the island, you can not remove it.  Some people like to have outposts to gather resources and ship them to other grids where they are based where those resources are not available and others insist on resetting timers on dead bases, no idea why.  I understand your frustration.

The ones that really annoy me are those who build traps right on a decent spot where someone may like to build and then stick a single foundation and bed down so they can keep coming back to see if their lazy eyesore has caught anything, thus resetting the timer.  No regard for anyone at all.  For some reason, even though a foundation with a bed on it says it can be destroyed, it can't.

Had a guy the other day build such a trap on the island I own and he had obviously read the island message banner I set where I politely ask people not to build traps beds/foundations because he said to me "just here for a couple of bears, will remove the trap when done".  I left him to it thinking decent chap then much later saw he was not around and I could have removed it but didn't within the time allowed.  Next day I was doing the rounds and he has placed a single foundation with a bed next to it - grrrr!  My fault, I will just delete traps/etc like that in future and if I see anything in these traps - it's dead before "Captain I Can't Tame For Toffee" returns.

As to the benefits, well you do get to build without having to consult a landlord or worry your structures will be removed, though most landlords are decent I think.  You get the resources you mention in taxes and maybe it's not much, just some from people visiting your island and gathering a little but you will also get gold back from people doing treasure maps.  Who knows, someone may come along and decide to settle on your island and then you get much more in terms of resources without them being taxed on what they gather for base, ship building etc. saves you a lot of farming.

If island ownership isn't for you, you can give up your island at any time but can still live where you are without the worry that anyone will be able to remove what you have already built in the future.

Not sure what the daily cost of your island is, mine is 712 and I find that doing treasure maps on 2x events and then diving ship wrecks and killing the odd whale at other times gives me enough gold for over a week so I don't have to worry about collecting gold on a daily basis.

Cheers.

Collecting gold isnt a issue.  New ACTIVE people on the island isnt a issue.  It's the people who have ugly huts all over and just spawn in to renew timers then fast travel back to their bases.  Maybe I'll just build on all the resource nodes then they have no reason to come back.

Edited by digitus78