Sign in to follow this  
Sir Green Day

Do all of the islands in a Freeport zone have NPC's.

I'm in M7 and the first island I went to didn't have a dock or NPC'S on it.

Is there a way to tell by looking at the Mao which islands in a Freeport zone do?

Thanks.  

Hello Green Day.
Yes, all 4 islands in a freeport zone are identical (just rotated) and so they all have the NPC port.
Personally I get easily disoriented in games and walk in circles haha which makes it harder to find the actual port.

What I would suggest is to sail around the island, and into bigger bays until you find the port since it will always be on the coast.

14 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I would relog.  Sounds like a bug or you are not in the right place.  All Freeport islands have NPCs. 

M7 is where I'm at.

It has 3 identical islands.  

I guess ill have to keep looking.  

Thanks 

I've been to M7 a hundred times since this game launched and never saw that issue.  Not saying its not possible, but they should be there.  If you are at the dock where the other islands have NPC's and you see none I would relog and see if they appear.  Also is this Official, mod server, single player?  If there is a bug causing this knowing these things can help fix it. 

I found it. 

Must have missed it in the night.

I just bought NPC'S for the first time.

How do I pay them? 

Sorry,  if this is a dumb question.  

I'm new to the game. 

You have (2) ways to pay them.  You can put gold in their inventory or you can put gold in your Ship Resource chest that should be on your boat.  The second option is easiest. 

If you own an island or anchor at a friendly island with the proper settings the islands Tax Bank will pay for your NPC's.  You can also park next to boats in your own company and they will pull gold from their resource chest.  Jerk thing to do, but it happens.  🙂 

Edited by DocHolliday