Sign in to follow this  
Gemini Five

Leveling has become painfully slow

I have leveled a few times now. I don't remember it being so slow. At level 37 killing an elephant nets you about 6 or 7 points of XP. 

I'm not interested in doing any more maps. Just wanted to play the game. XP gains seemed to go from very fast/maybe too fast in the lower levels to far too slow. I don't even plan to try at this XP rate. 

The way things are decided here always strikes me, left unaddressed or smashed with a hammer. New things promoted before ready. Now it seems, a push to play the way someone wants you to play and not how you want to. GrapeShot needs a calm clear voice at the top and less of what looks like panic rush and knee jerk reactions.

Yeah I noticed leveling up is very slow now.  Even going to a new island building another base doesn't level me up quick enough crafting stuff.

ATLAS Guide to Leveling:

Spawn at every Freeport, build rafts/sloops sail to all nearby islands, do all the POI's rinse and repeat until you mindnumbingly hate the game.
Do all the powerstones.
Farm up super high quality maps
Play XP buff song, do map, level real fast.

1 hour ago, Gemini Five said:

I'm not interested in doing any more maps. Just wanted to play the game. XP gains seemed to go from very fast/maybe too fast in the lower levels to far too slow. I don't even plan to try at this XP rate. 

Treasure maps are a pretty integral part of the game loop though. For XP gains, gold, and blueprints.

36 minutes ago, Inigo said:

ATLAS Guide to Leveling:

Spawn at every Freeport, build rafts/sloops sail to all nearby islands, do all the POI's rinse and repeat until you mindnumbingly hate the game.
Do all the powerstones.
Farm up super high quality maps
Play XP buff song, do map, level real fast.

Freeports do not give you discovery point now!

I haven't tried treasure maps yet.  Youtube videos I seen, they could be work if you don't have a tamed bear to kill all the undead.  I took out a outpost of the undead on a island I have a base.  But the undead all respawned there yet I broke there beds.  I didn't get to sink their last boat though.  I taken out their other boat though.  So I couldn't claim their flag.  Still in a private server.  Couldn't picture myself playing this game long on a open ranked pvp server.  My stuff be raided when signed off.  The grind is real even on private servers.  After my Schooner got sunk with 14 cannons I was bummed out.  hahahahh

Treasure maps and Power Stone cave camping seem to be the quickest ways to level up. 

Also 14 cannons on a schooner?  My god that's too many.  Speed dictates fights.  When you are heavy like that you are a sitting duck and easily sunk. 

20 hours ago, Vurmis said:

Treasure maps are a pretty integral part of the game loop though. For XP gains, gold, and blueprints.

Been here since day one. I've done enough maps. They are boring now. Prior to this last wipe you could kill grind to level if you wanted. Now the XP is too low to kill grind.

23 hours ago, RiverRat said:

Freeports do not give you discovery point now!

Pretty sure I said explore nearby islands, that implied the islands around the freeport. Fast Traveling to the free port is just an exploitative means of travel since rafts/sloops are easy to craft, you just sail to all the nearby islands in neighboring zones and get the POIs. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2019 at 5:58 PM, Vurmis said:

is funny that we are supposed to be pirates (wich are all about freedom) yet we are forced to play the game in a specific way already decided by someone else.

Yup, killed an alpha giraff last night and XP bar might have moved but not noticably.

On the upside masterwork maps seem a lot more common, found 6 since the restart. :classic_blink: and i took the music tree get more XP from maps!!! 10 levels and maxed at 53 after the first 2.

It's very lopsided at present, a couple dozen alphas to get one level or 6 levels for one map. 

When i first started playing leveling without maps was quite easy, all you had to do was kill alphas and you level in no time.

The only way i know to level fast is doing maps especially on X2 but if you don't want to do maps then not sure how you can.

Once you hit level 52 you will have to visit different islands to level up with discovery point.