Sign in to follow this  
zousug

Water and farming questions.

Hey all,

So I have some questions, my company is currently living on an island and like most there is no fresh water

I found I could place a Reservior on a grass area that has water available to drink from, my question is.. How do you link multiple reserviors together so it will fill up multiple ones or will it only start to fill the 2nd one when the first one is full? (im assuming only when the first one is full)

My goal is to get 20 or so Reserviors down and filling from the ground and linking them to our farm to grow crops from.  thanks in advance 🙂

You only need maybe 3 or 4. link them with straight pipes, each one will fill on its own. they dont empty into 1. But whatever you have on the end will get water from all. They also fill from rain as do your crop plots. So you really don't need more than a few. I have 1 reservoir handling 16 crop plots on a tropical island. And then 3 connected to our grill for when we are doing mass cooking so we don't run out of water.  They fill really slow form the ground. like 5 water every 20 seconds or so. But rain will fill them fast.

Hi thanks for your reply.

Im on a island with no rain at all, but i have 2 reserviors down (for testing) only one is passivly getting water.. other one isnt..

So if the one getting water from the group fills up it wont fill the 2nd one?